Final Fixes Reborn

I've made the update on the assets folder. There isn't a red mark anymore but there isn't a green mark neither. I've tested again and the spells still don't work. The red mark on the other folders is still here even with the svn update.

-BannorChainofCommand
-BlackDuke
-Dural
-Frozen
-GreatestPeople (What does this module do by the way ?
-Hamstalfar
-MoreEvents
I didn't added any module. There are the ones that were here when I download the beta version.

ok, so just the basic stuff. I have no idea why i cannot open your save file then, there seems to be a corrupted file somewhere in your installation. Can you manage to find out where the red mark in Assets comes from ?

as for Greatest People, it just adds one or two new great people at the moment.

Edit : have you tried starting a Play Now game to reset the hidden options ? (it's unlikely to be related, but one never knows)

Tried Play Now and it didn't changed anything. As for the red marks there are a lot of them : Dural module, Hamstalfar module and more events module, most of the XML files have the red mark, the python files too. If you want I can report every file that has a problem but there are a lot of them.

I've tried it and there is no error message. I'll try to do the same for all the other red marked files.

Edit : I've done the same for some files but it doesn't work for the Events folder. All the files are red marked and they keep red marked after I delete them and make the svn update to the folder.

I deleted the assets folder and made the svn update and it worked thank you for your help. Just in case, my operating system is windows 10 professional 64 bits and the system language is French.

So I have Civilization 4 Complete, with a separate launch icon for BTS. I have the AoE mod folder installed in C:program Files(x86)\2KGames\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond The Sword\Mods. If I launch BTS, it shows up in the 'Load a Mod' screen but if I try to load it, the game crashes. If I try to use the AoE launcher, the launcher screen comes up, but then if I click on 'Launch AoE', it never launches. No clue what's going on. It's a brand new install of Civ4 Complete from Gamersgate (NOT Steam).

two of the most likely possibilities :

- your civ 4 complete version isn't 3.19 (civ4 complete for steam was not that version, it's possible gamersgate isn't either) Here would be the link : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12576

- you have a level of depth too many in the folder structure. You should see an Assets folder directly inside your AoE folder. If you do, it's set up alright.

if none of that work, we'll try something else

two of the most likely possibilities :

- your civ 4 complete version isn't 3.19 (civ4 complete for steam was not that version, it's possible gamersgate isn't either) Here would be the link : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12576

Does this mean there is a problem playing Ashes of Erebus with the steam version of BTS?

Also, just returning to ffh modmods now, and planning on trying a game with this modmod (I always loved fall further/rise from erebus). Can I ask a few questions?

1) any problem with playing the scions on the latest svn build, or everything working mostly well?

2) any civs that I should avoid letting the ai play?

3) is there a recomended list of modules you would suggest?

4) is the AI capable of functioning? The last time I played this line of modmods (can't remember if it was ff or rife), they sometimes didn't understand how to build improvements, and would generally be incapable even on deity.

5) finally, are there any plans to make nikis knight's old erebus map compatible and include all the new features and include it (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=527785)? The map was amazing, though the only version compatible with new modmods I turned up google searching was for extramodmod.

Thanks so much for the answers.

for steam version, you need to use the Steam beta program (which in this case just means that the devs stored the old patch for people who wanted it) and choose the 3.19 one. It should be somewhere in the Properties options of your game.

For the rest :

1) Scions do not have any particular issue to my knowledge in the svn build

2)D'tesh is the worst offender but has been disabled by default, others i don't really know ( sheaim tend to do poorly in my games, but i'm working on it)

3)All modules in the beta version are compatible, others can be made compatible easily if needed. (I can do some if enough people want to)

4)never seen such an incompetent AI, teching, building, and land-improving are globally alright ( not great, but alright)

5)No plans to do it, but no plans not to do it either, i've never really looked into mapping so i'm not sure how much work it would be. If it can be done easily, i'll do it.

just checked the download, it works perfectly for me, don't know what happened.

I'm not sure what is wrong either, but I've tried the Sourceforge download five times now and it has Network Error-canceled itself every single time. Fortunately I still have an older copy of 14.11 available.

Also, not sure if this is reported or fixed in the SVN version (in fact I think I may have already reported this months ago, sorry if it's a duplicate report), but the Commander unit's Garrison Commander II promotion is bugged, at least in my game. Taking it adds the Garrison Commander II promotion, doesn't remove the Garrison Commander I promotion, and removes the Defensive Station I promotion from all attached units but doesn't reward Defensive Station II to replace it, basically making the promotion a waste.

Looking at the code, i do see something that could cause an issue. I'll do some test and add the fix to the next time i lake an update to the SVN version. ( might be a bit of time, i'm working on quite a big thing at the moment).

If you want to try it yourself, remove the
<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_GCF_GARRISON_COMMANDER2</PromotionNextLevel>

line from the PROMOTION_GCF_GARRISON_COMMANDER2 definition in CIV4PromotionsInfos.xml.

Not sure it comes from that, but it does look weird.

for steam version, you need to use the Steam beta program (which in this case just means that the devs stored the old patch for people who wanted it) and choose the 3.19 one. It should be somewhere in the Properties options of your game.

For the rest :

1) Scions do not have any particular issue to my knowledge in the svn build

2)D'tesh is the worst offender but has been disabled by default, others i don't really know ( sheaim tend to do poorly in my games, but i'm working on it)

3)All modules in the beta version are compatible, others can be made compatible easily if needed. (I can do some if enough people want to)

4)never seen such an incompetent AI, teching, building, and land-improving are globally alright ( not great, but alright)

5)No plans to do it, but no plans not to do it either, i've never really looked into mapping so i'm not sure how much work it would be. If it can be done easily, i'll do it.

Thanks so much for the reply and info. And I do hope you get around to making the map compatible (because it is an amazing map--with everything so well thoughtout and placed based on the lore, ie dragon bones and letim frigis located in sensible places between the amurites and illians, etc), but I understand if it ends up being too difficult.

Either way, thank you for working so hard to improve this mod!

Thank you again. I am planning to start a game tomorrow, and I wanted to ask one final question:

Is the mod at latest SVN mostly stable for large numbers of civs (25 or so)/huge maps if I have a fast computer, or should I play on a smaller map with fewer civs if I want to be able to finish a game without unavoidable crashes on later turns? I can play with gigantic maps and this number of civs in some other mods (realism invictus for example), so my computer should be able to handle it, unless there are special issues.

If that would be unstable, then is there a good chance of being able to finish a game with 12 or so civs on a huge map? I just remember with FF that I would get crashes after a few hundred turns (I think they were MAFs), wondering if Ashes of Erebus can generally be played to completion without unavoidable crashes.

Thank you! I'm so looking forward to enjoying this mod and all of your wonderful work!

There are way less MAFs now than in Fall Further, apart from that, i'm not aware of any specific issues other than turns getting longer. (Though i know some of the mapscripts occasionally struggle when there's too many civs, but that's a game start issue ^^)

Top Bottom