Final Fixes Reborn

Always a custom game, options I picked are: No Savages (no clue why thats on), new random seed on reload and flavour start.

The things you learn...
Though, a friend of mine always uses Play Now and he has the same bugs. I will give it a shot anyway.

Seems to be working for now. Thanks!

Or not. Still have the same weird things happening, I guess I just got lucky on the first game.

might be a corrupted file then, delete the Asset folder and then do svn update. (I just checked on my build, none of the bugs you mention happened)

Edit: Yakut can be considered done too, i had an idea but it would involve making changes to the settlements that i don't want to make for now.

Couple of bugs/questons:
For some reason toggle score didn't work, and i can't see it. Button does nothing. Mana bar is intact.
When i destroy infernal capital, where treasure chest with gela is present, treasure chest disappears. Also, what should i do to start Gela event?
"Create swamp" destroys unique features.
AIs rarely build mana nodes.

Couple of bugs/questons:
For some reason toggle score didn't work, and i can't see it. Button does nothing. Mana bar is intact.
i'll take a look at that, but i don't make any promises, civ4 interface is something i have trouble to handle ^^
When i destroy infernal capital, where treasure chest with gela is present, treasure chest disappears.
noticed that with zarcaz's bow yesterday during a run, i'm looking into it right now ^^
Also, what should i do to start Gela event?
Owning Gela while not being Infernal should be enough
"Create swamp" destroys unique features.
on it
AIs rarely build mana nodes.
that might be a consequence of some AI magic changes i've started to make. i'll work on it.

Edit : The disappearing chest thing was somehow specifically coded to happen, not sure why that is. Deactivated that part of the code, will do some tests.

Edit2 : fixed the chest thing and added an additional conditional on the create swamp, it shouldn't happen on UF anymore.

I spawned Hyborgem with worldbuilder, killed him, took Gela and nothing happens.
I have 14.11 version, no SVN updates.
Rites of Oghma seem to create mana on non-swamp tiles. Which is frustrating.

Some general feedback:

Deep Shaper has ridiculos reqirement - with Aptitude 2 giving you 0.04 XP per turn and Conquest+Apprenticeship (+8 XP) you have to wait 450 turns to get your deep shaper (26 XP). In my current game i get my first deep shaper on turn 602.
Cualli suffer horribly from AC. AI should go for life adepts.
Mechanos Howitzers are too good. What about limiting their number (and bringing organ guns to lategame using some stuff from siegesmith)? Or, maybe, removing blitz while increasing ranged attack? Mechanos have great units like musketman and tank, but howitzers just make them useless, since you can clean all the map with 8 howitzers and a techpriest.
Mechanos and some other nations lack content in bottom brach of tech tree (rage, malevolent designs, orders from heaven). Some units like upgraded witch hunters can be placed here.
Mekara Order infinie slugas loop is still present. Thankfully somewhere here i have found a fix, which is as as simple as 5 removed strings.
Ring of Carcer once spawned amid the mountain range (with 1 hill nearby), making it very hard to reach.
Also, making units able to move over mountains if there is road would be great.

I spawned Hyborgem with worldbuilder, killed him, took Gela and nothing happens.
Ok i'll check
I have 14.11 version, no SVN updates.
Ok, when i mention i fix something, i mean in the SVN ^^
Rites of Oghma seem to create mana on non-swamp tiles. Which is frustrating.
You mean only on non-swamp, right ?
Some general feedback:

Deep Shaper has ridiculos reqirement - with Aptitude 2 giving you 0.04 XP per turn and Conquest+Apprenticeship (+8 XP) you have to wait 450 turns to get your deep shaper (26 XP). In my current game i get my first deep shaper on turn 602.

Cualli suffer horribly from AC. AI should go for life adepts.
that's not really fitting for them but i agree they particularly need something to protect them from hell (or to profit from it)
Mechanos Howitzers are too good. What about limiting their number (and bringing organ guns to lategame using some stuff from siegesmith)? Or, maybe, removing blitz while increasing ranged attack? Mechanos have great units like musketman and tank, but howitzers just make them useless, since you can clean all the map with 8 howitzers and a techpriest.
Mechanos and some other nations lack content in bottom brach of tech tree (rage, malevolent designs, orders from heaven). Some units like upgraded witch hunters can be placed here.
Mechanos is one of the civs that need a balancing pass, not sure when we'll get to it.

Mekara Order infinie slugas loop is still present. Thankfully somewhere here i have found a fix, which is as as simple as 5 removed strings.
i think i fixed it in svn but i'm not certain. will take another look
Ring of Carcer once spawned amid the mountain range (with 1 hill nearby), making it very hard to reach.
I find that very fitting ^^
Also, making units able to move over mountains if there is road would be great.
not sure that's possible. i'll think about it

not sure that's possible. i'll think about it

Cavamen2Cosmos has a game option called "Usable Mountains," but if you decide to make Peaks accessible to all units, then you'll probably have to give the Dwarven racial promotion some other benefit, since right now one of its benefits is allowing units to enter Peaks.

I like Dwarves having this ability that other units do not have, so would not be in favor of making Peaks accessible to everyone.

So a recap on emergent leaders: Lorelei, Naxus, Gaius, Corane, Reorx, Mordmorgan and Yakut are basically done (maybe a bit of balancing and an additional trigger or two), i'm currently working on Hafgan and Gimil is next. That will make 9 emergent leaders done.

The question now is : who would you want to see next ? (A specific leader, any leader for a specific civ, a new leader with a good concept,... we do have other ideas and plans but we also take suggestions ^^)

What happened to the interface? It's svn version, installed without errors.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 99
not sure what happened. did you install the svn version over the other one or in a separate folder ? (separate folder is the way to go)
other possibility is you not having the correct version of Bts ( 3.19 is needed, for Steam version, there is a 3.19 in the steam beta options).
finally, there might have been a glitch in the svn download, try deleting the Assets folder and update again.
Edit: or a weird thing with hidden options, try playing a play-now game first.

The question now is : who would you want to see next ? (A specific leader, any leader for a specific civ, a new leader with a good concept,... we do have other ideas and plans but we also take suggestions ^^)

Raitlor!

Furia the Mad has exactly one trait despite being an Important Leader. So do Weevil, Pickle, and Hyde, but no one has ever played them, so.

The Austrin could probably use another couple leaders. Maybe a pegasus knight person. Can you target being pegasus-mounted the same way you can target being undead for Naxus' second rank, which presumably applies to existing undead?

not sure what happened. did you install the svn version over the other one or in a separate folder ? (separate folder is the way to go)
other possibility is you not having the correct version of Bts ( 3.19 is needed, for Steam version, there is a 3.19 in the steam beta options).
finally, there might have been a glitch in the svn download, try deleting the Assets folder and update again.
Edit: or a weird thing with hidden options, try playing a play-now game first.

When I was doing some map testing I would get that no interface glitch on about 1/20 gamestarts (all of which had had a playnow to remove hidden options). Saw it some 6 or 7 times total, a little less often than I saw the "gone to hell" victory on turn 2. I haven't seen either since you asked me to turn python exceptions on, since I haven't been starting so many games, but unless you fixed something I think the no interface on gamestart is a current svn bug.

On the emergent leaders, I think every civ that only has one current leader (Mzartl is the one that spring to mind, might be the only one) could use another for variety. Aside from them, mechanos (but I remember you already said you were looking to make one of the leaders emergent as soon as you figure out a good concept).

Agoge didn't work (didn'r replicate units).
They haven't in a while, since rife's days. It was replaced by a sizable boost to military production along with the possibility to produce several units in a single turn. ( the duplication was kept for another civ).
Not sure why the help text wasn't updated. It's fixed.
When I was doing some map testing I would get that no interface glitch on about 1/20 gamestarts (all of which had had a playnow to remove hidden options). Saw it some 6 or 7 times total, a little less often than I saw the "gone to hell" victory on turn 2. I haven't seen either since you asked me to turn python exceptions on, since I haven't been starting so many games, but unless you fixed something I think the no interface on gamestart is a current svn bug.
Haven't been able to replicate it either, so till we can do that, it's a bit of an issue.

On the emergent leaders, I think every civ that only has one current leader (Mzartl is the one that spring to mind, might be the only one) could use another for variety. Aside from them, mechanos (but I remember you already said you were looking to make one of the leaders emergent as soon as you figure out a good concept).
Mazatl, other than jungle lizardmen, have three main particularities described in their pedias : A sense for barter, a strong priesthood and a part of the population gearing to fight armageddon ( The wyvern guys). Any of those three could make a fine emergent leader.
For mechanos, i need to immerse myself deeper in their pedia ( them along with scions and mekara are the civs i know the less).

Raitlor!

Furia the Mad has exactly one trait despite being an Important Leader. So do Weevil, Pickle, and Hyde, but no one has ever played them, so.

The Austrin could probably use another couple leaders. Maybe a pegasus knight person. Can you target being pegasus-mounted the same way you can target being undead for Naxus' second rank, which presumably applies to existing undead?
Raitlor is an interesting but tricky case, her whole emergent trait should describe her objectives to draw the illians out of Auric's shadow.
For The important, i'll get to their mechanic soon (starting with one trait and gaining normal traits through actions). though if you have a concept suggestion to upgrade on of the Important to Emergent, be my guest.
For the Austrin, i remember KillerClowns had a great idea, i'll dig it up.

Zaria (she is emergent) and Baron Duin.
Zaria, i don't know enough to do it yet.
For Duin, i'll start to look into it, but it's unlikely to be very subtle ^^

They haven't in a while, since rife's days. It was replaced by a sizable boost to military production along with the possibility to produce several units in a single turn. ( the duplication was kept for another civ).
Not sure why the help text wasn't updated. It's fixed.
Possibility to produce several units in a single turn is currently a part of Horde civilisation trait. So Agoge is just +40% military production building (+ reqirement for Priests of Bhall).

Top Bottom