1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

yeah and under Ashes of Erebus, do you have the Assets folder ?

2. warriorofala

warriorofala Chieftain

Yeah.

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

well, unless there's some issue with the Assets folder itself (it should contain the dll and the XMl,Python, Modules, Art and sound folders ), i'm not sure what's happening here.

4. warriorofala

warriorofala Chieftain

Damn, this is a bummer. And to think I actually wrote some stuff for this mod way back when.

Maybe it needs to have Civ 4 vanilla and Warlords installed? I dunno, I'll see if I can find the time to try those out.

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

no, the steam version of beyond the sword with "original release" beta should work. Try deleting everythign and then redownloading the svn version.

6. warriorofala

warriorofala Chieftain

Yeah, no go. Thanks for the help though.

7. Vespers84604

Vespers84604 Chieftain

Here is the screenshot of my issue:

Two things, in the screenshot the cursor is hovering over "Toggle Manabar Display". Nothing happens when I click it.

The "in-city screenshot" Show another example of all the missing Mana icons. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Attached Files:

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

looking at older posts in the thread, it seems to be an issue with not using the Beta for Steam Version. (right click on the game, choose properties, choose Betas, and Original release)

9. Vespers84604

Vespers84604 Chieftain

Thanks for the quick reply! I had been using the "original_release..." in the Civ4 but NOT for the BtS expansion. I fixed that and downloaded AoE through SvN after erasing the folders. I got my icons back, yay! The manabar is still unresponsive though and there are no diplomacy links on the right hand side. I have not done the "original_release..." for CiV 4 Colonization or Warlords. I don't think that should matter right? Any other ideas? Thanks.

Edit: I've uninstalled all my CiV IV modules and Aoe and reinstalled just Bts (original_release) and reinstalled AoE through the SvN. Same results. Got icons, no manabar or diplomatic lines in the lower right corner. Oh well, better than before!

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

might be a resolution issue. Try increasing resolution to see if they reappear. (I'll look into it)

11. Vespers84604

Vespers84604 Chieftain

I got it. I deleted my BTS folders under my Documents, the profile info is there I think. Thanks for your help, you are the man!

12. Viatos

Viatos Prince

I cannot, but it's popping up consistently somewhere around turn 173+. Later I will revert and uncouple everything and see if it's still consistent so I can turn in autosaves you can actually use. :p I am fairly sure I didn't do it but not 100%.

Unrelated, but god do I hate terraforming events. Fire randomly, mess with your yields forever.

13. Viatos

Viatos Prince

Preliminary notes: as a quality-of-life update, Mekaran Slave Pens should apply the slaver promotion to visiting units. It's kinda dumb that your earliest units - the ones you're likely to pick up some XP on - can't get Slaver.

Familiars can still cast Enslave Worker, which turns them into Slaves, which would be broken even without the Mekaran slave mechanics since you can spam them in 0-upkeep stacks and then convert and burn them all to rush wonders or whatever else. But, of course, that kicks into overdrive with the slave mechanics existing. Really need to be blocked from that.

14. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Noted for the mekara things, for the events, yeah there's need to rewrite a good bunch of them, terraforming included, will do as we go. ( for the terraforming constellation thing, i do have a system coming up for those)

15. Viatos

Viatos Prince

Turn 263, no compression error. Will continue testing and see if I can pinpoint when it pops.

16. Jheral

Jheral Prince

That'd be why I disallowed it in the original version - mass production of slaves was an even bigger issue to start with. It was added back in in one of MaxAstro's changes.

17. Viatos

Viatos Prince

I remember, but it was unintended behavior even then, right? He wanted it for captured workers, not Familiars. I just assumed it had been patched at some point.

EDIT: Mekaran suggestion, speaking of: add back Lifedrinker (instead of Vampirism, which the Mekara are kind of lame at with their huge unhealth and lack of breeding pits/governor's manors) but change the level requirement to 6 to gift it and 10 to be a valid target for the gift (Mekarans r refined et cet), meaning you have to farm your Agents and you can't distribute it en masse at all. Getting lots of vampires is okay for the Calabim because of how Feast works, they all have to share, but Lifedrinker provides strong benefit immediately and even small percentage bumps will snowball in an otherwise fair fight.

However, it's awesome, and if you just make it harder to distribute unjustly you fix basically all the problems with it.

18. Vespers84604

Vespers84604 Chieftain

In my current game I am taking over Sidar cities and the mist never goes away! Annoying when I can't turn it off, I think at one point Rise of Erebus was going to put code it to disperse the mist when the city was destroyed or taken over, I don't know if it was ever implemented.

19. Viatos

Viatos Prince

Could be worse, you could settle near the lizards and have half your usable potential expansion drowned in wetlands. :p

20. Vespers84604

Vespers84604 Chieftain

Ha! Point taken.