Final Fixes Reborn

I think horses should have more maluses in difficult terrain (forests and hills) and cities. On the other hand, they should decimate any same tier unit in the open field. Now they are only useful for pillaging and less as reactionary defenders. I imagine them more as powerful defenders and supporters of main slow moving army stacks used for removing any threats in advance or counter-defenders against enemy stacks. And yes, i like idea of having unit without counter (except terrain of course). It add more tactical planning for pushing ahead main armies.

I seem to get a lot of crashes with the SNV build. Is this a common issue or is something just happening to me?

Also is there a way for the dwarfs to replace a lost fort commander for their forts without having to destroy it and rebuild it?

there's plenty of stuff in testing, so yeah crashes are a bit more common currently, though if you can point me to specific situations ( or saves where the crashes are recurring), that would help much.

no way to replace a fort commander at the moment

getting a CTD when selecting a civ in 'play now'
not really important gameplay-wise, i'm not sure how many new people are still wandering in after all these years... (unrelated queistion because i've been lurking since ffh2 was still being updated; are we not allowed to talk about what kael moved on to? or does it just naturally never come up?)

It's up to date for me. Here is the save.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    72.5 KB · Views: 45
After encountering Frozen in SNV build for the first time i have a question. Shouldn't Demon Slaying affect ice demons too?

@innerfire:

Kael works for Stardock now. Has been for years. He's vice president at this point, last I heard.

I'm sure he looks in from time to time out of nostalgia, but he's not really involved in Civ modding anymore in any capacity.

Also, to see how many people are 'wandering in', just look at the forum statistics. This morning, when I looked, there were 42 people in the Civ4 modding forums and 7 in the various FFH subforums. If that's a daily trend, that's more than some brand new games can claim, tbh. Especially considering how difficult these forums can be to navigate for a newbie.

@David12596 :
the turn 1 crash should now be fixed, it was caused by some of the module civilizations that weren't properly updated to some of the new systems.

@teh1234: good point on the ice demons, i'll write it on the todo list

@David12596 :
the turn 1 crash should now be fixed, it was caused by some of the module civilizations that weren't properly updated to some of the new systems.

Hello everybody, I am new here on the forum.

I just found out that there is still life after FFH, and I'm very happy about this discovery. Respect to the people who still spend time on keeping this great heritage alive and even pushing for new heights - this is giving some hope for people like me who enjoy playing real strategy games on PC instead of moving to simplified console and mobile games (and even CIV5 was a step to that direction in my opinion).

My happiness could be however enhanced further: I am facing the following problem, my game does not even start, the last thing I see is the splash screen with the info of the chosen civ at the start of a game, then it crashes to desktop.

In the PythonErr2.log the last line I see is "load_module CvAppInterface" - this action seems to be unsuccessful since nothing happens after.

I use Revision 153 from SVN, just downloaded (I am first time user of RifE). I'll tried to start a custom game with Arturus Thorne/Monarch/Huge map/15 other random CIVs/don't know what else might be important to tell.

Do you have a clue what might be my issue?

Thank you,
Gianni

do you have an initial save file generated or not ?

if you have, please upload it, along will all the log files created in the beginning of the game.

do all games you tried starting crashed like this or not ? if so, what were the parameters of the ones working ?

Thank you for the quick reaction.

I do not have a save file, because I did not get to the point where saving was possible, but your last commit seems to have fixed the problem, thanks again!

I get a CTD the second I hit the beginning screen when playing in the SVN version. Happens with every civilization I try playing with.

Top Bottom