Finnish Civilization Mod

Not bad at all. Though the animation could be less subtle...
But hey! I'm not going to play against him. :p

(If someone just made Sweden mod my dreams could come true. ;) )

Drift, you said in another thread that you were planning to update this leaderhead and publish it separately from the Finnish mod. I was wondering in what way you were going to update it? I think it's already excellent and is part of my own default mod that I play all the time. The other good thing about this mod is that the UU is to replace a unit that, IIRC, is not currently been replaced by any other civilization which is refreshing. It's nice to have a UU that appears at the point in the game that this does.

Originally posted by R8XFT
Drift, you said in another thread that you were planning to update this leaderhead and publish it separately from the Finnish mod. I was wondering in what way you were going to update it? I think it's already excellent and is part of my own default mod that I play all the time.

Well, it was my first leaderhead and I've learned a few tricks since finishing it. I'll probably make him blink and touch up things here and there. Also, his framedelay is too quick. So nothing radical, just minor touches.

The other good thing about this mod is that the UU is to replace a unit that, IIRC, is not currently been replaced by any other civilization which is refreshing. It's nice to have a UU that appears at the point in the game that this does.

Industrial UU's are often disliked because many people decide their games before they appear, but as my games (when I find the time to play these days) go usually to modern era, I don't find anything wrong with them. Glad you like it. :)

Could you make an alternative version with Tarja Halonen as a leader? I usually prefer not to play old, bald, senile men, whenever it can be somehow avoided. :p

Originally posted by WinterRose
Could you make an alternative version with Tarja Halonen as a leader? I usually prefer not to play old, bald, senile men, whenever it can be somehow avoided. :p

Tarja certainly has an interesting face and trying to model him in Poser might be interesting... But naah, Kekkonen is simply just too cool to get rid of. :) (Or I'm too lazy to pick up new projects on my already overloaded back.)

Originally posted by Drift

Tarja certainly has an interesting face and trying to model him in Poser might be interesting... But naah, Kekkonen is simply just too cool to get rid of. :) (Or I'm too lazy to pick up new projects on my already overloaded back.)

Him? :D

But oh well... *Sighs.* Laziness is difficult to overcome, so I understand well. I suppose I'll just have to keep playing France, Egypt or Spain. :( :)

Originally posted by WinterRose
Him? :D

Whoops. :) She does have somewhat manly face though. :lol:

:lol: Yeah right.

While we are on the subject, I never updated the leaderhead afterall. However, making a 3d-Kekkonen might be an interesting challenge at some point. ;)

WOW! Nice!:cool:

Is there any chance you'll make a PTW version?

About the animation, maybe it's possible to find some old TV film and convert it to animation... hmm, that might be hard I guess.:p

But naah, Kekkonen is simply just too cool to get rid of. :)

Too right!!

Whenever I play against him, he always seems to be the most difficult to beat for some reason....must be the traits?

This mod, IMHO, is already excellent and any more updates run the risk of spoiling it's uniqueness.

I made it with Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop. I used Firaxis leaders (Alex & Otto) as a base and worked from there.

I should probably update the mod at some point. I'm really curious of how R8XFT's Kekkonen will turn out. :)

Trust me, it will be good Drift. Working with R8XFT on the Native America mod has taught me one thing......He can certainly make a good leaderhead. The fact is the he's getting better with each one he works on.

Lots of European players on this website I noticed, specifically, lots of Finnish players. Is this game a top seller in Finland Drift?

I should probably update the mod at some point. I'm really curious of how R8XFT's Kekkonen will turn out. :)

Just if somebody has missed this, Wyrm has made a Finnish Brewster Buffalo unit. Maybe you add if when updating?

Follow THIS LINK to get there.

Here's a pic if somebody hasn't registered in CDG.

Attachments

• buffalo.jpg
    buffalo.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 360
I think Brewster is excellent for the Finns. This American made, already obsolete plane did "flourish" in the Finnish air force. Our top ace, Juutilainen scored 33 of his 94 kills in Brewster and Hans Wind 39 of his total 75 kills-

Brewster would be the choice for a plane UU, but if I ever update this thing, I don't think I'm going to give the Finns an another UU. Besides, wouldn't Brewster have to be given worse stats than regular fighters? ;)

Top Bottom