1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis/2K hosting press preview on July 28!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Seek, Jul 22, 2016.

1. footslogger

footslogger Warlord

I think we can safely say we will have a better idea of how effective AI combat is after next week. I'm certainly keen to hear about that. :)

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Doubt it, To be fair we might not even have the old system of picking techs, if their "we took a look at some UI mods" then they might have just skipped that and gone straight to the tech tree, but that's speculations.

HOWEVER, FilthyRobot or whatever his name has stated that they can't talk about the later eras. This means that they most likely know what comes in those eras.

3. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Which eras should be defined as "Later eras"? Medieval? Renaissance? Industrial?

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

I suspect we'll find out on Wednesday when FR and the others release their videos.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Given it's 150 turns, I'd say we'll see end of Medieval, with Renassiance and other eras later.

(on Quick, in Civ 5, it most eras take about 50 turns each when you're average on science)

6. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

This wednesday is the day we will get a lot of answers. I think we will finally get a real feeling of what civ vi is about. Best case scenario - reviewers are thrilled with their turns.

7. m15a

m15a Emperor

If I understood the comment, "later eras" could be reached in 150 turns (on quick? standard?), so that's why that particular person didn't play all the way to turn 150 (instead recording 3 different early games).

8. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I thought later eras are eras beyond 150 turns, so they can't talk about the stuff beyond 150 turns in tech tree, culture tree, units, wonders... I don't see logic that they can't talk about something they actually took videos of playing in their 150 turns. Filthy didn't play all the turns?, but several games below 150 turns because the game isn't polished, balanced and set in stone, so he thought that they best way to go about it is to test different mechanics as much as he could ... that's what i understood ... i easily could be wrong.

9. gfeier

gfeier King

That was also the way I understood it.

10. Denkt

Denkt Reader

150 turns if we assume they design the game to last 450 turn +-50 turns would be the early game. So about the end of the medieval era.

Now Civ VI may at normal speed only last about 300 turns so in such case 150 turns could be halfway through the game.

11. m15a

m15a Emperor

Oh yeah. I forgot that he said that. Sorry.

12. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Why would it be shorter than Civ5?

13. Denkt

Denkt Reader

There are many players who have finished Civ V games around 300 turns. Just because the game have a 500 turn limit it don't mean you get anyway close to the limit before the game is over.

14. Staler87

Staler87 Warlord

We don't know the difficulty level of civ 6. It could be that deity is made so that the best players are struggling to beat it rather than trying to beat it in under X amount of turns. Civ IV's deity was significantly harder than civ 5's.

15. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Not impossible that they have made the game harder and longer due to knowing how players won in Civ V.

16. Haig

Haig Deity

Maybe at Gamescom in mid August we get later era info. I think it's confirmed Firaxis is there.

So next week is probably the religion&diplomacy info that Ed Beach told us about. :)

17. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Or a new civ if a such was used in one of the 3 games played.

18. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

FR is an above average MP player and very analytical. It is disappointing that it will be only SP, but I'm sure he'll do a good job on what he is allowed to review. We can hope that MP is also on the schedule at Gamescon.....

CS

19. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Civ4 didn't have tactical level of 1UPT. Even if Civ6 AI learn more tactical tricks (which is likely) it will still be significantly weak in tactics. So if AI bonuses are roughly the same, Deity level is likely to be slightly more difficult than in Civ5, but much less difficult than in Civ4.

On the other hand, developers could implement some smart trick, like increased AI bonuses with epochs, starting from some reasonable ones. This way it will increase overall difficulty of Deity without player being surely killed in the beginning. Some things like this could work.

20. Nick31

Nick31 Prince

Just ensuring that the AI in Civ VI can move-and-shoot, and will spam the "right" units instead of the dreck they normally send would make a Diety AI significantly more formidable. Fighting the BNW AI with a few mods is already twice as difficult.