1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis/2K hosting press preview on July 28!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Seek, Jul 22, 2016.

1. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I'm pretty sure it will be able to move and shoot. Unit building priorities are not that obvious, although we could expect some improvements here. But it will still be not enough against human with some experience.

2. E_T

E_T Chieftain

The NDA does not allow them to disclose the specifics of the NDA

3. Haggbart

Haggbart King

The first rule of the NDA: You do not talk about the NDA :lol:

4. Ikael

Ikael King

So the embargo will lift on Wednesday, right?

As for the whole "can't speak about latter eras", I think that they are talking about industrial / modern era. I bet that there will probably be a lot of changes to victory conditions that we're not aware of yet!

5. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

August 3rd at 10 AM EST

6. E_T

E_T Chieftain

This is a bullet point summery of FilthyRobot's video

- He has four hours worth of content (25 to 30Gigs), that he has from the event that he is going to start releasing on Wed. It's not clear if he is going to release it all on that day or several days.

- The 4 hour event was part of a worldwide series of events that are all due to be released on Wed... Singapore, Germany, Korea and others. Not only youtubers, but other Media reporting that is all part of this...

- Filthy wanted to get a better feel for the game core and some comparision and contrast with Civ5, as well as Some NDA restrictions in the later game. A lot of those things that are still in the balance phases and will change before Oct, so he mostly focused on the early game.

- He had three games/starts with three different civs, with 3 different strategies that he used his 4 hours to work the game good.

- Due to an Airline screwup, Filthy was able to go to dinner with Quill18. Arumba, Joe Sullivan and another 2k PR guy. They talked Civ 5 and 6 for several hours and did lots of networking.

- Filthy might have convinced Quill and Arumba to participate in a MP game, either before or after release.

- Joe Sullivan did hint that there might be a MP event pre-release, which speaks to more MP support potentially. He is excited about the MP prospects for Civ6 that was not there in Civ5. 'Should be really, really cool'...

- still awaiting answers back about questions about things that he is wanting to include in his footage...

7. Staler87

Staler87 Warlord

Although these are valid points I think it is safe to say that in civ IV bts the AI are significantly smarter (even in non-military aspects) than the AI are in civ 5 BNW. I don't know the differences in bonuses to science/production/etc. but would suspect they are slightly higher in civ IV. This s just based on personal experience playing deity on both games so it may be wrong.

8. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

"Smart" is not very correct word regarding the AI. The main role of the AI is to provide fun game, not play the most efficient way.

For example, in Civ5 with AI bonuses to happiness effective strategy would be settling as much as possible. But in this case human player wouldn't have space to expand. So, instead of this, AI slows down after the initial settlement wave and continues it in the middle game to fill the remaining space - as playing late game with a lot of unsettled land would be not fun too.

9. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I always think the AI in Civ series is very clever, don't know why some people think the AI is stupid.

10. Acken

Acken Deity

Because it really is stupid. But that is also due to non ai friendly mechanic and imbalances. For exampke the superiority of range units is a huge issue if you want to make an AI a threat.

11. Ikael

Ikael King

NnNnnNnNgGgGgGhHHhhhhhhh

Sounds like there will be modified victory conditions, as well as some kind of more intense late game ideological battle a la BNW.

Good, good. I hope to see if the game supports truthly different playstyles. I cannot wait for this!

12. Staler87

Staler87 Warlord

Intense ideological battle sounds fun. I always missed in civ V how world wars seemed to develop in civ IV. All the vassal states and defensive pacts really made it so that late game there would be massive wars. Hope this Intense ideological battles signal the return of organically generated world wars.

13. Staler87

Staler87 Warlord

I don't think they do that good of a job at settling all the unsettled land as in my games there is still quite a bit of unsettled land.

I think my original point stands tho. The AI in civ IV were harder than the civ V AI.

EDIT:
    I should have posted those two comments in one post. Sorry.

14. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Around which time can we expect the fotage to be released:)

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

10 AM EST.

That means, for all Europeans out there, 4 PM Central European Time (Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, etc).

16. anandus

anandus Errorist

I'm guessing around the same time as the livestream.
    But that's just a guess. I don't know.

Edit:
    Ohhhhh, at 16:00 already? Nice!

17. Luckystrike77

Luckystrike77 Prince

It needs some time uploading at Youtube I guess, but he might be pre-uploading?

18. Acken

Acken Deity

They peobably already uploaded but its locked in private.

19. Luckystrike77

Luckystrike77 Prince

Is it possible to see if something is locked under private, or is that only on already open and excisting playlists?

20. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

If it's private than you won't see it unless they made a public playlist. Which most shouldn't have done.