1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis/2K hosting press preview on July 28!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Seek, Jul 22, 2016.

1. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Are they allowed to choose any civ as they want? Or being forced to use certain civ?

2. Nagol Strache

Nagol Strache Chieftain

Probably only from the civs that they have shown so far, or only China as that's the one they used for the 60 turn demo.

3. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

That is boring :(

4. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Gonna be an 8 person match between America, England, Egypt, Japan, China, Aztec, Rome, & Kongo.

5. King Abbas

King Abbas Chieftain

Speculation or information?

6. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Baseless & reckless speculation. Figure the build will have the six revealed civs, and two that'll be revealed the weak of August 4. Figure as a crowd favorite, Rome stands a good chance. Also figure since Religion is looking like it's going to be revealed next week, they might wanna include a faith-focused civ as well. Figure Kongo could be that civ. It'd also have the added benefit of adding a little diversity to the whiteish roster (no, I don't count Elizabeth Taylor to be a proper representative of Africa).

7. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

I doubt they play a pre-made build. They did a similar thing leading up to Xcom2, they gave some popular community members full access to the game up to a 'turn limit' the other information they wanted held back for a few weeks they just had covered in the NDA.

Civ is a pretty safe game to give early access to. Leaks can be somewhat remedied, and the worst case really isn't that bad. I mean no one is worried someone is gonna leak the surprise twist at the end.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Finally, hopefully they reveal Religion and amenities, this is probably closer to an actual release demo being 150 turns, probably on continents, with China, America, and Egypt, with maybe England.
    still waiting on Rome, I really hope they release them and a bunch of info next week, especially religion.

Sean Bean dies at Future Tech:backstab:, also Jon Snow.:lol:

9. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

I think he will play as Aztec.
    So players will be more interested in this civilization and increase pre-order sales.

10. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

That was just too obvious.

11. boghog

boghog Warlord

:lol::lol::lol:
    Congratulations, you win today's internet.

12. Suho1004

Suho1004 Warlord

Awesome. I am a big fan of Filthy, and it will be great to see what he thinks of the game. I suspect he will spend most of his time learning how Civ 6 works, though, rather than just crushing the AI. It is unlikely that skill in Civ 5 will translate automatically to skill in Civ 6.

Agreed. :yup:

13. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I would assume that these press events are probably the type that usually the public doesn't usually hear about.

@OP - Are you giving out information that was initially privileged info that wasn't supposed to be spread around? If it is, you've maybe even cost Filthy future chances at something like this.

14. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

I considered that and asked him before posting if there was any indication that he shouldn't publicize the fact that he is attending; he assured me that nothing was said about keeping it secret.

Fwiw, there is also a thread (is that what they're called?:p) on reddit from someone who's attending and asking what questions the community has.

15. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

It would be nice if we could get some first impressions from FilthyRobot, if he is able to speak about it. So anyone who can contact him please do and see if he could provide some preliminary info about this press event. Just check if he is allowed to say anything, that's all..

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

By the way, Quill18 said the event ended a few hours ago.

17. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

Do we know when they're allowed to start talking / showing stuff? Last I read they hadn't seen the details of the NDA.

18. Eagle Pursuit

Past NDAs have had a 1 week silence period so participants could travel back home and produce their articles and videos.

19. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

@Mort_Q
    No new NDA info on my end. Still "next week" supposedly.

Huh, Filthy said it started at 2:00 and lasted about four hours - maybe there was an event that was saparate from the play-time? Edit: Or perhaps there were shifts on liked limited computers.

20. Eagle Pursuit

OR they held 2 events for 2 groups of reviewers.