1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis/2K hosting press preview on July 28!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Seek, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

*limited computers

Yes that's a possibility also.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

There was also an event in Europe back in mid-July, right?

Marbozir might have been at that one. He was hinting at civ stuff revealing next week. I think that NDA for that event may drop at the same time.

3. rastak

rastak Emperor

Very likely. Should be a good week!

4. footslogger

footslogger Warlord

Civ 6 is 'shaping up to be quite good' according to OddOneLoL who was at a Let's Play near San Francisco on Thursday (his hotelblog is online). An NDA prevents him commenting in depth until early August (next week then?). I'd be the first to agree that this does not represent a breakthrough in our knowledge of the game but, hey, those who are starving grasp at any morsel they can, right?

5. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Morsels...

6. Ravihon

Ravihon Chieftain

Yes there was...one was in Hamburg, Germany around the 15th of July. Participants mentioned first Videos and Info to come at or after August 3rd.

7. anandus

anandus Errorist

Offtopic: I often read this 'meme' about Sean Bean dying, but I don't really get it.
    I'm guessing it refers to Boromir's death in The Fellowship of the Ring?

8. rastak

rastak Emperor

A lot more than just that. I didn't get it either....

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Sean Bean dies extremely often in movies he plays in. So often, that some people consider his name a spoiler in itself. There's even a "death reel":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg

10. anandus

anandus Errorist

:D Ah, thanks! :)

11. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Filthy confirmed that Wednesday, August 3rd at 10 AM EST is when the NDA lifts and he can release video content. He has four hours worth of content, it's not clear if he is going to release it all, mostly focused on the early game. He has three games/starts with three different civs. Went to dinner with Quill, Arumba and 2k PR folk (might have convinced Quill and other YTers to participate in a MP game). There might be a MP event pre-release, which speaks to more MP support potentially.

He discusses his trip here: https://www.twitch.tv/filthyrobot/v/80808787

12. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

That's sounds like a good news :)

And it means that by next Friday we will know about 3x more info about the game as we know right now...

13. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Oh come on, I will spend next week on holidays without regular Internet access

on the other hand, holidays!

Can't wait to see this stuff, it will probably be the most revolutionary thing since E3, which took place half way across June. Four hours is like three times more gameplay footage than we've seen since announcement, and because it's not Firaxis dev, he won't spend this time talking about unstacking cities and diplomatic agendas ;)

I think we may get one first look new civ video before seeing this gameplay, because this would be 8th known civ, which in civ5 was the number of civs on default medium sized map.

14. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

And keep in mind that there are a number of other civ streamers/LPers and media who will be releasing content as well. We should have quite the glut of information next week - glad I have Wednesday off!;)

Something I forgot to note above is that they cannot speak/write about anything having to do with later eras.

15. anandus

anandus Errorist

16. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Anyone have any sense how many press people got to play at these events? And how many of those will be sharing actual gameplay footage next week? I'm wondering how much time I have to clear to watch it all :D

Hopefully, there will be enough to get the basics of how religion, happiness/amenities/luxurious, great people, diplomacy, science (pop-based or not), etc, work

17. Haig

Haig Deity

Thanks for info Seek!

We will probably get religion, warfare and early support units, sieges, diplomacy..

18. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

First look at the Tech and Civic trees, details on governments, details on amenities and luxuries... The lost goes on, good week next week for it to be my birthday. Cheers firaxis :goodjob:

19. Growth

Growth ★ Grower ★

I just can't wait to see the tech tree. I doubt we'll get to see all of it.

20. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Maybe they locked the techtree in the build, player can't open the techtree overview.