1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis: Patch coming next week

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Snackwell, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwyjibo

Kwyjibo Chieftain

Nothing was promised officially by T2/firaxis, so 12 more hours till the end of the week, that's all...

2. Dida

Dida YHWH

I bet they are working on the patch, and might have encountered a tough problem.
    They have already released an extremely rushed game, do not release another extremely rushed patch. So I would say, let the time, work at a slow but steady pace.

3. catorulz

catorulz Chieftain

i'm using the 6600GT and the latest drivers (81.85) with no problems at all. Brand new PC with fresh install of XP so there were never any older versions on there.

4. DisruptiveIdiot

DisruptiveIdiot Prince

There was never a promise smart one. There hasn't even been an official statement about the patch.

5. AsnoT

AsnoT Mostly Civilized

since this is a CivIV forum, you must be running windows. only a 64bit cpu running windows vista SUPPORTS > 2gb ram.

talk about "a bit silly".....

6. sweKangaroo

sweKangaroo Chieftain

I think santa will bring me a patch for xmas, if im good.

7. Cylindric

Cylindric Chieftain

Um, not to belabour an off-topic point, but you're wrong. XP supports 4Gb. Your motherboard might not though...

Silly? :lol:

8. zerokarma

zerokarma Chieftain

Looking doubtful this patch will come any time soon....

9. steelviper

steelviper Chieftain

Yep.

When talking about 32 bit Windows XP:
    2^32 = ~4.2billion, or about 4GB (big b for bytes) of ram.

On a system with 4GB, half is reserved for kernel usage, while the other half is available for applications.

10. ryanjj2000

ryanjj2000 Chieftain

I finally got tired of all the speculation and called T2K. They told me that it will be about 2 - 3 weeks for the patch to come out. I think that is being conservative and we can expect a surpize a little sooner than that.

So chill out and relax, its not going to be here this week.

11. ejdacanay

ejdacanay Chieftain

im american

12. Sorceresss

Sorceresss Witch

WOW !!! You actually got to speak to a human being on the phone ! And you actually got some specific information !

13. ahsingjai

ahsingjai Chieftain

Let's not jump the gun. I want a good patch that fixes and add a lot of things, not a quick patch.

14. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

As I said earlier, I am guessing this will be a terrible patch. more like a quick stick you finger in the dam type fix. So not a fix at all. The only time history shows they work on the patch. To fix the game to where it should have been at release is called an expansion pack. Then they can add more crap that needs to be patched yet fix what should have been fixed in the original release. SO then they need another patch to fix the expansion pack.
    Now after you take out that second mortage to be able to afford the new computer you need to run the original $50.00 game you bought. Add in the 40 to 50 for an expansion pack. Not to mention the classes you are going to need to take in python and c. Throw in a few classes on hardware, just enough to get your a+ and net+.
    And figure on being able to play this game with no problems in say 2 years. Just an estimate now. :eek:

15. highstreet

highstreet hold it in

Wow you took out a second mortgage to buy a game? That's hardcore! :eek:

16. capthoss

capthoss Chieftain

there is an available patch for direct2drive. not that i can use it though

17. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

What are you talking about?:confused: Please post link to said page. ;)

18. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

Ok! After further review I feel you should be shot and strung up by..... ARRGGHH!

"Welcome to the Patch Download Center for games acquired through IGN/GameSpy Digital Distribution.

This is the page to check for patches that have been released for any games you have purchased through our Digital Retail website or redeemed HitPoints for.

Important Note: These patches are exclusively for IGN/GameSpy Digital Distribution games. They will not work with standard retail game versions purchased from a retailer other than IGN/GameSpy. IGN/GameSpy is not responsible for any problems that may arise from unauthorized use of these patches or when applied to non-IGN/GameSpy Digital Distribution versions of the game."

19. Rayzor

Rayzor Chieftain

Yip that's correct. Of course you don't need 64bit Windows Vista to be able to use more RAM, there is a 64bit version of Windows XP.

I'm running it on an Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4GHz), 1GB Ram, BFG 7800GT, Win XP (32bit) and it's smooth as. No problems at all.

Still there are various things I'd like to see fixed in a patch (of course after they've fixed the crashing, and graphics problems for other people).

Why does ESC not work in the technology (F6) screen? It works on every other screen.
    The delay between pressing the num pad and the unit moving is very annoying.
    Civilopedia: Seach Function. Wonders on their own page, non of this semi-alphabetical list.
    A search function in the civilopedia. Wonders on a seperate page

20. Smidlee

Smidlee Deity

Have you tried a huge map or Rhye's earth map? As more of the map is reveal the game starts to slow down some. I got Athon 64 x2 3800+ as everything else the same. With these specs the game shouldn't slow down at all (Graphic wise;I'm not referring to AI movement, etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.