1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis: Patch coming next week

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Snackwell, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doggiedaddy

doggiedaddy Chieftain

Ahh... Friday morning and no patch....

2. steelviper

steelviper Chieftain

Which wouldn't be quite so bad if that also wasn't the start of the next workweek.

That being said, Fridays and just before holidays make for good release days. That way, if everything is done, everyone "gets" to take the weekend or the holiday off.

3. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

Keep in mind with the memoy leak thing that it could be that, it could be poor texture management in the game, almost anything. Could be a rogue thread, etc...

Venger
    P.S. Holding in my hot little hands my just arrived 6600GT... if there is a God, please let him bless this mighty card that I might play this game in his righteous name, A-FREAKING-MEN...

4. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

It should work for you, Venger, as that's what I've got in one of my computers.

5. pygbe

pygbe Chieftain

And what drivers are you useng, mighty tenctacle? 'cause I'm running a 6600gt and having crashes and reboots... with both upgraded and non upgraded chipset and audio drivers.

I tried a lot of nVidia Driver sets, no luck 'til now.

6. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

77.30 (yes, I am out of date, I haven't had issues so I haven't updated).

7. tristangreer

tristangreer Warlord

Well, one report said a patch was coming this week, and it's Friday. Do you think it will get here by tomorrow?

8. SnowyFox

SnowyFox Chieftain

I hope so...really, really hope so. If we're lucky, we may get the patch before the day is over...

9. hajoobies

hajoobies Chieftain

When is this patch coming out??? Did they not say it would be released by this week??

10. Sovietof17

Sovietof17 Warlord

april fools, there is no patch.

11. evil_linus

evil_linus Chieftain

Well the week ain't over yet, right?

12. knord

knord Chieftain

And I don't think they promised that it would be released this week, just that they where hoping for a release.

But I rather wait a week more for them to go through the patch more extensively.

13. Runriot

Runriot Chieftain

QFT
    Thats my feelings exactly! Though so far my only complaint is the flexibility of the 'pedia, but thats such a minor issue... barely worth mentioning... :crazyeye:

14. kettyo

kettyo Seeker of Reality

I second to that.
    Just keep fixing accurately...

I think you will have to start a new game for the patch and i have an iteresting one going on which won't end by the end of next week so i don't care too much

15. Cironir

Cironir Warlord

There never was a public announcement from Firaxis that there would be a patch this week. Like the others who have responded, I'd rather wait an extra few days to get a solid patch -- not a rushed patch that breaks as much as it fixes. Then again, I don't have any issues with the game, and I understand that those who do are a little less patient. I'm just worried that the patch will somehow break my game, I guess.

16. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

Moderator Action: Merged in some more "Where's the patch?" threads. ;)

17. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

I for one am anxious to see a patch. I played last night and saw, among bugs and glitches I've seen before with SS part construction, I saw actual error messages displayed during game play, corrupted file names. :rolleyes:

I also saw a massive jump in an opponent AI civ's score in one turn. Not sure what happened with that, but I'm suspicous and peeved. Mainly because I was ahead in score at that time, as it turned out I lost the game by running out of time and being in second place. Grumble....:mad:

18. Amatir

Amatir Chieftain

Weell, at least some word from them, even if not official. There'll probably be a patch faster than poor Maxis could ever manage. *is a mildly disgruntled simmer*

19. Pikemen

Pikemen Chieftain

You guys have to remember to update your drivers. Game runs well for me so far {P4 and 6800gt} and HI me new:crazyeye:

20. Sovietof17

Sovietof17 Warlord

12 more hours until the patch promise goes unfulfilled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.