Fire, Fusion, and Steel

OOC
OK, for how long is the temporary boost? Because as is, I'm kind of unsure why you would ever make this boost, as it decreases your other stats for a week.

Orders
Improve Culture permanently
and
Build the Treasury permanently

OK, for how long is the temporary boost? Because as is, I'm kind of unsure why you would ever make this boost, as it decreases your other stats for a week.

One week.

Orders locked.

DANGMU FORCES ROUTED. In the Rebellion's first, and so far only, victory against the Galactic Empire, an attempted raid by Dangmu mercenaries was foiled by rebels. In the fighting that ensued, many Dangmu mercenaries contracts expired but the real damage is the damage done to the house's image as nobody expected the Rebellion to land such a blow. [-1 Might, -1 Sovereignty temporarily]

REGIS RAID AGAINST REBEL FORCES. The Regis raid against the Rebellion was devastating. Marines made off with so much plunder from their raid that the concentration of wealth in Regis holdings almost threatened hyperinflation. After this season's incredible recruitment campaign, Regis is militarily on stronger footing than ever before. [+1 Treasure and +1 Might for Regis, -3 Treasure for Rebels]

WINDSOR LAUNCHES RAID AGAINST REBELLION ECONOMY, CRIPPLING IT. The Rebellion's economy, after a series of devastating raids, is crippled. Windsor, a wealthy house, did not manage to acquire much wealth from the slim pickings, however. What Windsor did achieve was capturing a key rebel leader, earning the house praise across the loyal galaxy. [+1 Sovereignty, +1 SOV boost from Improve Culture]

ASENNUS AND PERALTA PREVAIL. What more can be said about the Rebellion? It teeters on the point of collapse and the Asennus attack is just another nail in that coffin. [+2 Territory for Asennus, -3 Territory for the Rebellion, +1 SOV for Peralta, -1 SOV for Rebellion]

ORISSA PRIME'S DEVELOPMENT. Developing the rich mineral world of Orissa Prime by exploiting the growing labor pool has given House Rajiput valuable territory to draw upon in the coming seasons. This growing colony needs shipping lines to service it, and those shipping lines are increasingly under the sway of the Rajiputs. [+1 Treasure]

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST. von Mars was fairly quiet this season, choosing instead the path of peaceful development over aggressive military action. [+2 Treasure, +2 Sovereignty]

REBELLION OFFERS TO SURRENDER. The Rebellion has put out peace feelers, offering to surrender to the Empire. Seeing that the Empire lacks an Emperox, however, rebel leaders are throwing themselves at the mercy of House Obasan. Rebel leaders state they desire a ceasefire and a guarantee from House Obasan and that, once an Emperox is chosen, they will allow the territory to be reincorporated into the Second Empire immediately.

Develop territory permanently in order to pump investments into production of civilian goods in expectation of lowered mineral costs of such endeavors.

Build treasury(permanent):
A factory of which the Rajiputs were the primary investors has gone bankrupt. In order to clear his considerable debt to us the owner has agreed to pass it along to us on the cheap and we now have a manufacturing plant to convert the minerals from Orissa Prime into manufactured goods and generate a greater sustained income for the House

Improve culture(permanent):
In order to raise the status of the House and it’s leader and engender feelings of loyalty in its servants, Karan Rajiput has mounted a charm offensive which includes donating to a multitude of charities, gaining a building in some of the most prominent universities and museums. To make these gains more permanent, the Rajiputs have also instituted a policy to help those in their employ get into these prestigious universities

A QUIET DAY. Peralta? Consider your stature raised. Asennu! Can you hear me? You have a new Territory asset to build. Rajiput? I don't know what's going on with your factories, but it seems that they're pretty productive. Not sure how the investors went bankrupt on such a productive factory: their loss, your gain!

What's really impressive is how charming Karan Rajiput is. I feel like I"m saying that name every time I visit a prominent university and/or museum. In a galaxy full of psychopaths, I'm sure Karan is the least psychopathic of them all. [Various effects to everyone]

CALL TO ALL HOUSES OF THE EMPIRE - Conference on Terms for the Rebellion

Seeing as the rebellion has surrendered, but with conditions, and the Obasan House has been made de facto negotiator for the rebellion in our state of imperial uncertainty, Milayo would like to put the rebellion's terms of surrender to the open opinion of the other Houses (i.e. a poll). As it stands, the rebels are in a grave military position, however many of our Houses are low on resources to fight them, even having failed rolls despite the lack of their military. If we reject the terms, the rebels may switch to unconventional warfare, perhaps making things tougher. However, they too are depleted in resources, and we have some Houses that still have resources yet to spend in pursuing the rebels (the Obasans among them). We could pursue unconditional surrender to deter future rebellion.

What is the opinion of the other great Houses of the empire on the question of conditional or unconditional surrender?

The short opinion of the Obasans is that we should not accept the terms and pursue their unconditional surrender such that more punishing terms can be enforced.

House Regis refuses to acknowledge the rebellion's surrender. Our warships are already deployed in orbit above their territories and it is in our best interest that we obliterate their holdings down to the last, sending a clear message across the empire of what happens to traitors. Showing these upstart insurgents mercy now, at the end of their rope, will only serve to project weakness.

Last edited:
CALL TO ALL HOUSES OF THE EMPIRE - Conference on Terms for the Rebellion

Seeing as the rebellion has surrendered, but with conditions, and the Obasan House has been made de facto negotiator for the rebellion in our state of imperial uncertainty, Milayo would like to put the rebellion's terms of surrender to the open opinion of the other Houses (i.e. a poll). As it stands, the rebels are in a grave military position, however many of our Houses are low on resources to fight them, even having failed rolls despite the lack of their military. If we reject the terms, the rebels may switch to unconventional warfare, perhaps making things tougher. However, they too are depleted in resources, and we have some Houses that still have resources yet to spend in pursuing the rebels (the Obasans among them). We could pursue unconditional surrender to deter future rebellion.

What is the opinion of the other great Houses of the empire on the question of conditional or unconditional surrender?

The short opinion of the Obasans is that we should not accept the terms and pursue their unconditional surrender such that more punishing terms can be enforced.

House Dangmu requests the exact terms of the rebellion's conditional surrender as it stands today.

House Dangmu requests the exact terms of the rebellion's conditional surrender as it stands today.

Internal exile for the leadership, amnesty for the non-leadership.

The Martians have no sympathy for the Rebellion. They pretend to care about liberation but are the worst of the intergalactic bourgoise - supported by the infamous trade federation and their robots. We have heard many stories of their abuse of their workers, much more damning than anything we have seen under the Imperial leadership.

We support a full destruction of their military assets and unconditional surrender, but only if we leave their workers alive.

It is the opinion of House Peralta that any level of leniency would be too high for these traitors and that peace should come at nothing less than unconditional surrender.

There is no update today because it slipped my schedule. Expect an update tomorrow.

It seems popular opinion among the vocal Houses is against anything but unconditional surrender. We will leave the question open to the other Houses, should they wish to raise any objection to rejecting the rebel terms - unless strenuous objections are raised (OOC: before tomorrow morning PST) we will reject the terms and resume the assault.

After a series of heated discussions and the assassination of two rebel leaders, the rebel leadership agrees to the term of unconditional surrender.

Top Bottom