1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Look: Scythia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sansa_Stark, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I used to disfavour having civs in Civ that weren't historically civilised. But let's face it, nomads are cool. When all DLCs are rolled out I hope we end up with a full slate of steppe pseudo-civs :goodjob:

Scyths, Huns (to include Bulgars), Turks, Uighur, Mongol and Manchu would be boss.

Some mechanic to allow cities to pack up and move around is probably more than the game can handle, unfortunately.

Kurgan rocks as a tile improvement. Time to bring back The Motherland Calls wonder?

2. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Well movable cities worked fine in Civ be do why not in civ 6? Maybe each district could be reabsorbed by the city and then be instant built when the city settles down. Or maybe it takes one turn per district to resettle them to balance it. The city should have movement speed of 1.

3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Why move the districts? Just do it as in BE. No cultural border expansion but moving your city around for new tiles.

4. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

No. Please no moving cities. It is horrible.

Nomads or not, civ is a game with technological progress. If they, Scythians, were to stay till this day, they'd need to evolve, which means settling down. Which they do in game. That is more than enough for me to explain and "immerse away" the fact they're not em... "nomading". Civ is after all about progress and alternative (abstract) history.

If you want some kind of nomadic gameplay for them, then they should play like pseudobarbs, with limited tech progression etc. until they are ready to settle and/or conquer some cities > settling.

5. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

actually I agree for the normal game. But it could be interesting for a scenario.

6. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Or limit moving cities to max 3 pop city and only before industrial era

7. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Create a Civilization Ability (for the Huns for example) to raze their own cities (or captured cities)and accrue some benefit from doing so. Restrict it to early eras. Benefits might be Great Person Generation or culture bomb or science/gold boost or some other "reward" that makes sense for razing cities. I would still not allow the civ to raze their last city... but razing their capital would be allowed.

8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I certainly hope they're not going to balance the civs around multiplayer. The game is more interesting if they're not perfectly balanced. There's nothing wrong with some overpowered civs.

That being said, Scythia does seem VERY powerful in the early game...but with the horse archers only having 1 range you should be able to counter them with a proper wall of spearmen in front of archers (which have 2 range).

9. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

From what we've seen, promotions seem to be easily transferable between unit classes, +7 str against melee or +10 when defending, for example. Sounds like it won't be a worry this go round thankfully.

Hmm, wonder if the healing after kills applies to religious combat? :devil:

10. EgyptRaider

EgyptRaider Warlord

Or maybe design a nomad civ that has a unique mounted settler unit that can fight for example (or at least defend), move fast, and settle cities far of (while also giving the civ a certain bonus that helps with maintaining those cities).

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Knights require Iron instead of Horses.

12. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Didn't know that. Anyway, it's a hard limit on the number of units.

13. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

Moving cities around doesn't make sense, not only because these "nomadic civilization" of Eurasian steppes were actually semi-nomadic, true nomadism without any permanent settlements is actually pretty rare.

14. NecromancerKing

NecromancerKing Chieftain

I can see this Civ being banned in Multi player. In single player, she may not be powerful, but in Multi-player where you are not being limited by Warmonger, I could see other CIVs being greeted by 12 horsemen in early games.

15. rastak

rastak Emperor

When she is near, time to invest in spearman?

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

17. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

18. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

So I can't declare war against someone who attacks my allied city-state?

Or my allied AI?

Frack. It's CiV all over again.

19. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

That was about denunciation mechanic only. It's likely different kinds of alliances provide casus belli for formal wars too.

20. rastak

rastak Emperor

Do we know this for sure?

I would think attacking an ally would be immediate justification.