[FIXED] Changing screen fullness/res causes mouse issue

Deadmeat238

Chieftain
Tediously the screenshot I printscreened hasn't included the mouse cursor so i'll endeavour to explain.

When changing from full screen 1680x1050 to non full screen 1440x900 (haven't tested other res') an error results where the mouse position on screen doesn't match up with the input location in the game. The mouse position on screen is about the height of a civolopedia entry below where the game thinks it is. This seems to resolve after restarting the game in windowed mode.

It appears to be reproducible with these steps:
-Start the game with full screen mode as the current setting
-At the menu screen, change out of full and drop the res
-Load a game and spend 5 minutes wondering why it isn't registering mouse clicks half the time -.-

Not game breaking but certainly frustrating if you swap between modes a lot like I do if i feel like watching a video while i play.

Confirmed, but I have the problem with 1152x864 resolution.
No problems with the default 1024x768 resolution.

- I have a Geforce 8600 GTS card.
- Syncmaster 206 BW monitor

For further info see txtfile below.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    44 KB · Views: 313
This also happens for me a lot when I hit the windows key for modding. I go to another window, rewrite code, reenter the game to start the changes without intro movie wait time. And the mouse location doesn't match between game and windows. Can't get it back 99% of time. Used to, but can't now. Don't know why. Frustrating.

I have this problem if I try to use DirectX 10-11 mode. I have not tried 1024X768, but I will be interested to see if I can start a game. My cursor is so far off that I have not been able to even try a game in 10/11. 9 works just fine so far at any resolution with my Evga 9500GT.

Top Bottom