[FIXED] Update Civilopedia for Reformation GA lengths scaling with game speed.

DGMan

Chieftain
The manual/civilopedia/in-game text all say that I should start a 6-turn GA. However adopting the policy only triggered a 4-turn GA.

This game was started using v1.0.0.17.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Load the save game
2) Adopt Piety->Reformation

Hopefully someone can verify it and add it to the list :)

Attachments

• Golden Age Bug.Civ5Save
    408.9 KB · Views: 200
What speed were you playing on by any chance? Quick? I noticed playing on epic speed that I received an 8 turn Golden age adopting it. My guess it is just adjusted for speak.

The bug/problem is more the it fails to tell you the correct amount of turns based on your game speed.

What speed were you playing on by any chance? Quick? I noticed playing on epic speed that I received an 8 turn Golden age adopting it. My guess it is just adjusted for speak.

The bug/problem is more the it fails to tell you the correct amount of turns based on your game speed.

Yes, I was playing on Quick.

You're right, it's probably an interface bug, however the interface should adapt it's display of those times based on the speed your playing at rather than just using static text. This probably also affects GA's started by GP's too. I think I've seen that as well, but never bothered to make a save of it.

I'm not sure that the new bug report text of "Update Civilopedia to reflect reformation policy (and other GAs) scaling with game speed" quite covers everything.

Since it certainly appears that the game mechanics are correct in scaling the GA's, I wouldn't be concerned much about the Civilopedia or pdf manual text. That might be better handled with a general disclaimer that certain things are scaled and the manual/Civilopedia always refer to Standard speed.

It's the actual in-game text on the Policy Adoption screen that should reflect the scaled number of turns rather than just using the static text of 6.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, I just think you might have missed the actual bug.

This is still a bug as of 1.0.0.20

I'm not sure that the new bug report text of "Update Civilopedia to reflect reformation policy (and other GAs) scaling with game speed" quite covers everything.

Since it certainly appears that the game mechanics are correct in scaling the GA's, I wouldn't be concerned much about the Civilopedia or pdf manual text. That might be better handled with a general disclaimer that certain things are scaled and the manual/Civilopedia always refer to Standard speed.

It's the actual in-game text on the Policy Adoption screen that should reflect the scaled number of turns rather than just using the static text of 6.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, I just think you might have missed the actual bug.

Yes, could a mod please change the title of this thread as well as what this thread is called in the bug list thread (currently #21 in that list)? This is a definite bug, and the problem is not just in the Civilopedia. The bug is "in-game," in the tooltip in the policy screen.

This is still a bug as of 1.0.0.20

And for the record, this is still a bug as of 1.0.1.141.

Top Bottom