1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Thread No. 9

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by holy king, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Lambert Simnel

Lambert Simnel One across

So "justice" would be Liverpool gaining from a dodgy decision because Spurs were on the wrong end of one? :crazyeye:

2. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

I don't think the ball went fully over the line. Good decison.

As a neutral I wish it went in :(. I'm up for penalties :D

3. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

If Chelsea plays like that against Bayern they will get thrashed...

4. Takhisis

Takhisis Would-be overnight hero

Messi up to 70 goals and five away from the fake Ronaldo! Heh-he-heh.

Chelski-Liverpoop was a snorefest, I can't believe that both teams are worth a few hundred million if you add them together. :ack:

5. holy king

holy king Chieftain

hey, stop trying to make sense of what i posted about half an hour after the game. :p

6. Takhisis

Europa League final in three days!

And who'd've thought that Urited supporters would be walking out on a 2-0 home win on the 37th fixture of the year? Second place not good enough with this crappy squad they have?

Bye bye Rangers, it seems. :(

7. Josu

Josu Chieftain

Getting more and more nervous each day :(

Referee will be Wolfgang Stark. Reading wikipedia it is saying that in the 2010-11 season of the German Bundesliga he was elected worst referee of the first half of the season by the players. :sad: Can anyone following Bundesliga confirm that he is so bad?

8. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Juventus secured their 30th Championship in Italy and are one game away from having an undefeated season.

9. MCdread

MCdread Couldn't she get drowned?

That's something not everyone agrees on. ;)

10. Takhisis

It wouldn't surprise me from UEFA seeing as Henning Øvrebø was allowed to keep refereeing after the refereeing he perpetrated in 2009…
    Of course it isn't.

11. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I beg to differ. They won the two stripped titles on the pitch, match-fixing or not; its impossible to determine if the outcome of those seasons would have changed. Juventus had a very competitive squad at the time, probably the best in Italy. Recent evidence proves that AC Milan, Inter and several other teams were involved in the match-fixing scandals as well but they were never punished.(Milan even won the Champions League of 2006-2007 when they shouldn't have even participated). The Italian Federation simply turned a blind eye on things and moved on.

12. Takhisis

None of them should have been even allowed to participate in the Intertoto and the sanctions shouldn't have been softened like they were. The title should have simply been voided. Wasn't berlusca the Premier again at the time of Calciopoli?

13. Josu

Josu Chieftain

The day has arrived.
    Absolutely nervous :(
    I can not stop thinking on the match
    Watching the club's oficial videos for the final makes me feel worse.

Link to video.

This next one is in spanish, absolutelly emotive, almost made me cry

Link to video.

BTW, the voice is the same voice that Morgan Freeman is having in Spanish dubbing, what can get wrong if Morgan Freeman and Frank Schleck are supporting us? :lol:

14. MCdread

Josu, I have a lot of man love for Radamel Falcao, but decided I'll be cheering for you guys tonight. Good luck! :)

(P.S.: Not sure if Franck Schleck is the best model for you though: great on his day and good to watch, but always seems to lack the punch on the last and decisive stage. ;) )

15. Lambert Simnel

Lambert Simnel One across

Hey, lots of sympathy Josu. I only got to watch the second half, and I gather Athletic weren't really there in the first half. But they gave it a good try in the second period, and were unlucky not to get one back.

That said, Madrid defended pretty well, and always looked dangerous on the break.

16. MCdread

Sorry about the result Josu. :sad:
    Hope your team can pick it up, correct some mistakes, and make Barcelona's life hard in the Copa del Rey final in 2 weeks. And win it. :)

Falcao :worship: - best striker in the world inside the penalty area. Maybe even the best striker in the world, period.

17. Takhisis

Athletic were there in the first half, Simeone's team played on the coutnerattack and committed perpetrated a penalty that should have been given -but wasn't- just two or three minutes after Falcao opened the score. Still, with Radamel…

But well, refereeing mistakes happen. What really irks me is that FOX Sports is allowed to continue broadcasting European football. :cringe:

18. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Yes, they're absolutely terrible. At least you get the Argentinian commentators (Fox Sports Cono Sur), we have to make do with the incredibly annoying Mexicans...And their broadcasts of English Premier League are even worse...

19. Takhisis

:rotfl: I get the deservedly infamous Mariano Closs- Fernando Niembro duo. Look 'em up!

20. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!