1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

For the Next Patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Jun 30, 2009.

1. me_myrmidon

me_myrmidon Chieftain

Noticed the following while playing the "Star Trek" mod v2.15:

1. v2.15 Exploration Units spawning barbarians?

After getting an unpleasant surprise party when my Exploration III conquered a puny Warp V alian guarding some space wreckage in v2.15, I poked around and noticed that the entire series of Exploration vessels seem to have the same chance to spawn barbarians as any other "normal" ship:

CIV4UnitInfos.xml

bNoBadGoodies = No Barbarians from huts
    <bNoBadGoodies>0</bNoBadGoodies>

...in v1.20 this was the setting:

<bNoBadGoodies>1</bNoBadGoodies>

I assume that this was intentional? If so, I would ask to have this restored to the bNoBadGoodies = 1 for our intrepid explorers. Otherwise I might be tempted to send out stronger Light cruisers and leaving the Exploration vessels home.

2. Zero damage bombardment (quick attack)

I think you are already aware of this for the "ST Millennium" mod, but I also wanted to point out that the early Exploration vessels (I-III) in the "Star Trek" mod are also are set to do zero damage with bombardment (quick attack):

<iAirCombatLimit>0</iAirCombatLimit>

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Yeah, it's intentional. The Exploration ships are really more Light ships now; the name was kept for historical purposes only (as in, I would be constantly mixing them up otherwise since I don't actually play my own mod).

3. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Has anything been done about the fact that Millennium bombards deal 0% every time? Is this a bug? A feature?

If it is a feature, it should either be documented or simply disabled...

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It will be fixed in the next patch. Right now I'm waiting for two things to happen before making it:
    -A working BtS installation on my brand-new Vista laptop; this is tricky since I'm trying to get civ to install and run in a sandbox, which naturally makes some stuff difficult. Vanilla and Warlords work fine, but BtS messed up during install so I had to start all over again. For some reason it doesn't install any desktop icons, start menu entries, the uninstall entry, or the entry in the games explorer.
    -Another patch change not listed on the first post that I want to be a surprise.

5. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

IMO the DS9 era is over too quickly. If you beeline for Astrometrics or Multi-Vector Assault Mode, you'll get through it in a single tech. An easy solution for this (Which would also reduce the power of beelining Multi-Vector Assault Mode) would be to make Quantum Torpedoes a requirement for Multi-Vector Assault mode and Enhanced Warp Field a requirement for Astrometrics.

EDIT: Another thing which has probablt been mentioned before is the bug that Exploration I-III do 0% damage with their ranged attack.

6. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

What about making the mod start at First Contact? (If you increase the cost of techs). The Civ 3 Star Trek mod starts here, I believe.

7. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

It is a good idea but the mod would need some models for the time 2060 to 2150. The mod has a hard working moddler, but he is still making some other models.

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Also would require new units and possibly techs. The next patch will have a new calendar anyways; you can use the version of Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml from the ST Expanded modmod if you want it now.

9. deanej

deanej Chieftain

After some testing (and a post of the FFH forum), I've discovered that the High to Low option is, in fact, functioning as intended, so it will be enabled in the next patch (which is looking like a mega-update now; may have to revise the version number again). Turns out you don't switch players until turn 50. Updated the first post again.

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Here's the latest on changes that will be in the next patch (* means I need to do it still, - means I already have):
    v2.25
    *All Federation civs in The Galaxy use Federation unit looks for Light I and beyond
    -Fixed quick attack in Millennium and early Exploration ships
    -Fixed Subspace Warhead rebase in Millennium
    *Oil to all playable civs in The Eugenics Wars
    *Athens to Hunyadi in The Eugenics Wars
    *Millennium: Horbus and Romulus destroyed in 2387 as intended
    -Rescaled Ascendacy ship strength in Millennium (boosted Assault Vessel and Keldon, Jem'Hadar Fighter gets 1 first strike)
    *Grigari get shipyard in capital in Millennium
    *Added Alpha Quadrant only version of The Galaxy (note: map is the same, but less civs)
    -Fixed issue with Fesarius button (did not have alpha channel)
    *Multi-Vector Assault Mode requires Quantum Torpedo and Astrometrics requires Advanced Warp Field (to extend DS9 era)
    -Changed calendar (used version from the ST Expanded modmod)
    -Added a version of the DLL with asserts enabled (used for debugging) in the SDK source folder
    -Enabled the High to Low option
    -Millennium: The Federation can cloak ships after 2387
    *Corrected Millennium victory conditions and intro text
    -Fixed python exception when a player changes their team (as well as some other fixes for possible bugs in same area)
    *Eugenics Wars: Added AI weight to Transporter Suppression Technology, so the AI actually researches it
    *Eugenics Wars: Morrison, Hunyadi, and Khan have random chance declare war each turn after turn 50

EDIT: More details on the calendar:
    -Starts in 2120
    -Yearly turn increments until 2161
    -Then 3 year increments until 2260
    -Then yearly increments until 2300
    -Then 3 year increments until 2360
    -Then monthly increments until November, 2390

11. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

what about
    *Fixed bombard in Millennium and early Exploration ships
    ok thanks

12. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Quick attack is what the ranged bombard is called in Star Trek.

13. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Jaydn, I have a few requests for units for a modmod I'm working on, which will expand the ST Enterprise modmod:
    The ship you see in the Enterprise's intro, just before the NX-01.
    The USS Kelvin from Trek XI
    The D4-class (they were planning on using that in "Unexpected", but some idiot decided to use a K'tinga instead, even though that class wouldn't be introduced until the 2270s)
    D'Vahl type (The Vulcan ship from "Carbon Creek")
    T'plana-Hath type (The ship the Vulcans used to make first contact with Earth)
    D'Kyr type
    The Ferengi ship from "Acquisition"
    The Xindi planetkiller

Hope that's not asking too much. There's no rush at all, btw, as I can use existing models as placeholders for most of them.

14. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Final changelog for the next patch:
    v2.30
    -All Federation civs in The Galaxy use Federation unit looks for Light I and beyond
    -Fixed quick attack in Millennium and early Exploration ships
    -Fixed Subspace Warhead rebase in Millennium
    -Oil to all playable civs in The Eugenics Wars
    -Athens to Hunyadi in The Eugenics Wars
    -Millennium: Horbus and Romulus destroyed in 2387 as intended
    -Rescaled Ascendacy ship strength in Millennium (boosted Assault Vessel and Keldon, Jem'Hadar Fighter gets 1 first strike)
    -Reduced Grigari ship cost, added second variant
    -Added Alpha Quadrant only version of The Galaxy (note: map is the same, but without Dominion, Kazon, Vidiians, and Vaadwaur)
    -This one will be announced in another post.
    -Fixed issue with Fesarius button (did not have alpha channel)
    -Multi-Vector Assault Mode requires Quantum Torpedo and Astrometrics requires Advanced Warp Field (to extend DS9 era)
    -Changed calendar (used version from the ST Expanded modmod)
    -Added a version of the DLL with asserts enabled (used for debugging) in the SDK source folder
    -Enabled the High to Low option
    -Millennium: The Federation can cloak ships after 2387
    -Corrected Millennium victory conditions and intro text
    -Fixed python exception when a player changes their team (as well as some other fixes for possible bugs in same area)
    -Eugenics Wars: Added AI weight to Transporter Suppression Technology, so the AI actually researches it
    -Eugenics Wars: Augment civs (all playable except Aegis) have random chance declare war each turn after turn 10
    -Eugenics Wars: All playable nations start with Laser and Satellites
    -Eugenics Wars: Some resources now improved at start
    -Eugenics Wars: Improved Morrison's start location (added corn and fish, turned many tiles to plains)
    -Eugenics Wars: Some cities start with cultural buildings
    -Fixed bug where buildings couldn't be built when their requirement was replaced by a unique building
    -Eugenics Wars: Great person rate cut in half

I'm still implementing one of the changes; should have this done in a couple of days. It WILL break save games for The Galaxy and the main mod; the other scenarios should be OK.

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Cool! Can't wait...:D

16. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

17. deanej

deanej Chieftain

When I was thinking of the save game break stuff I was only thinking of one file that could cause the issue. It's possible that all the 2.0 scenarios (except Eugenics Wars) could break saves.

18. Jaydn

Jaydn Chieftain

Now that the models I was working on for patch 2.30 are handled I can take a look at these, may not get done right away as I need to slow down a bit, plus vacation is coming soon. But I will start to work on what I can.

19. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I'm going to periodically update the first post with stuff that I'm putting in the next patch and possible changes that I may make.

20. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

milenium scenario has no ships
    something with unitclass_grigari2 incorrect