For the Next Patch

A better idea would be to do an Alpha Quadrant map, with only the Alpha Quadrant civs (Not on the Galaxy Map, but an Alpha-Quadrant only map). The only non-alphies should be the Borg and the Dominion, who both spawn with a massive fleet during the 24th century.

Still doesn't solve the wormholes issue, sadly. They are just a graphic representation - the way I have them codes, units would move wherther the wormhole was there or not.

You could use my mod. :)

Seriously, you can create a new wormhole type, let's call it "PURPLE_WORMHOLE" (Barzan Wormhole looks light purple-ish in Voy episode), then in onUnitMove script it so that whenever you move onto Wormhole, you get sent to the other Wormhole provided it's not the Wormhole you're currently standing on. Like this, except it says Red Wormhole because it's the code from my mod:

Code:
		if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_WORMHOLE'):
			iX = pPlot.getX()
			iY = pPlot.getY()
			for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
				pWormhole = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
				if pWormhole.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_WORMHOLE'):
					if (pWormhole.getX() != iX and pWormhole.getY() != iY):
						iiX = pWormhole.getX()
						iiY = pWormhole.getY()
						pUnit.setXY(iiX, iiY, False, True, True)
		if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_RED_WORMHOLE'):
			eX = pPlot.getX()
			eY = pPlot.getY()
			for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
				pRedWormhole = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
				if pRedWormhole.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_RED_WORMHOLE'):
					if (pRedWormhole.getX() != eX and pRedWormhole.getY() != eY):
						eeX = pRedWormhole.getX()
						eeY = pRedWormhole.getY()
						pUnit.setXY(eeX, eeY, False, True, True)

Plus, it would save me from having to make a Barzan Wormhole graphic for my mod...

One final time, just for clarification sake:

I want BUG or BULL, whatever works, in next version.

However, if you know for solid fact that it is impossible because of conflicts in code, please say so here so I can remove that from my "looking forward to" list for this mod.

I would say a smaller map only needs really major powers, like the following sample of 12, plus a smattering of Barbarian and Independant Systems. With these nations, it would be possible to reenact most of the major alliances and conflicts within the Star Trek universe in a fairly balanced manner.

Alpha - Federation, Cardassians, Ferengi, Breen
Beta - Klingons, Romulans, Orions
Gamma - Dominion
Delta - Borg, Kazon, Hirogen, Vidiians

One final time, just for clarification sake:

I want BUG or BULL, whatever works, in next version.

However, if you know for solid fact that it is impossible because of conflicts in code, please say so here so I can remove that from my "looking forward to" list for this mod.

A merger of BUG and Star Trek would require merging BUG's GameFont.tga and Star Trek's. While this is possible, I seem to break the game every time I edit that file (It's arguably the most difficult file in the game to modify). Additionally, I would maintain a separate version for BUG as I don't think it looks as polished as the regular interface. If BUG modified the city screen this gets more complex as Final Frontier made extensive changes to it, and Star Trek made more changes.

Top Bottom