Foreign Ministry Term X

donsig, you're technically right. 9 tiles is the max range a newly captured city will have, since if there are strong culture cities near by, they'll swamp the 0 culture of the new MIA city. of course, we plan on capturing most of D'Nuts cities in 1 turn, so it shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Turn 200 - Dnuts sent us peace with accept :lol:. They didn't send us a note though. Too bad we didn't have any bombers complete to give them a good answer...

Proposed Letter of Response to DNUT's peace offer, t200
To: The Powers that Be in Springfield, Doughnutia
Re: Peace Treaty

Gentlemen of Doughnutia!

We recieved your offer of Peace. For a short moment we considered taking you up on it. However, the Athenian street is still seething with resentment over your last 'visit'. At this point we simply can't assure your diplomats the security they deserve, should we resume peaceful relations. There are factions (militias, some might call them) that will slaughter any DNUT on sight, no matter the status of official peace. It is said that your fluffy middles are the tastiest known under Meleet.

Once we implement Communism I'm confident we'll have the state security apparatus to handle your safety ;)

Best,
Peter Grimes, Foreign Minister of MIA

Not sure why they sent this to me...
but I just got this PM from killercane

Did RickFGS offer a peace deal? If so that is not our intention and please ignore it. Sorry if he did.

KC

Your response is still pretty funny though - could be worth sending.
Maybe add a part about "We're not really sure who's in charge over there anymore..." :lol:

Reworded, and sent to Dnut's Gmail:

To: The Powers that Be in Springfield, Doughnutia
Re: Peace Treaty

Gentlemen of Doughnutia! --- Or whoever is in charge over there:

We recieved your offer of Peace. For a short moment we considered taking you up on it. However, the Athenian street is still seething with resentment over your last 'visit'. At this point we simply can't assure your diplomats the security they deserve, should we resume peaceful relations. There are factions (militias, some might call them) that will slaughter any DNUT on sight, no matter the status of official peace. It is said that your fluffy middles are the tastiest known under Meleet.

Once we implement Communism I'm confident we'll have the state security apparatus to handle your safety ;)

Best,
Peter Grimes, Foreign Minister of MIA

Received from Dnuts via gmail without the save titled Offer of Peace Refused:

To the scum across the ocean,

This was your last chance for peace, know now that the next time we invade your feable wastelands (and we will), the only words we wil be willing to read from your diplomats are: mercy please.

Worst regards and when you see our armies just run away.

RickFG, President.

I posted in the turn tracker thread:

Chamnix said:
There doesn't seem to be an attachment with your love note...

Hope I didn't overstep my bounds ;)

My my my ... they are quite rabid arn't they ... well let's see if we can extract our own Mercy Pead prior to nailing them onto crosses (or whatever other painfull and dishonourable death we can invent. :D

You didn't overstep your bounds, as far as this retiring Foreign Minister is concerned. But I can't speak for the returning Feaurius!

Their note gives me an idea - they say that "the only words we wil be willing to read from your diplomats are: mercy please"

In future emails, maybe the subject should be "Mercy Please" so they are certain to read it.

Alternatively, we could send them a letter that fails to contain the words Mercy Please, and see if they respond to it. If they do, we will know that their empty threats are nothing more than braggadoccio ;)

KISS has not been contacted for the last 20 turns.

I've just sent DNUT correspondence to their Gmail account.

Obviously, even that doens't always get to the correct people - if they even exist :lol:

Top Bottom