Foreign Ministry Term X

azzaman333 said:
DID WE UPGRADE OUR CANNONS LAST TURN??? (begins panicing)

We did not because we didn't have Replaceable Parts until this turn. There is no need to panic - those troops are not exactly threatening, and they are not in a critical area.

This is going to be bloody... but all things considered... it could have been much worse!

Too bad about the cannons... Nuts picked a good time to invade.
I imagine a fair amount of the Infantry must be conscripts?

From your screenshot, I count 25 veterans, 6 regulars, and 7 conscript infantry (plus 1 veteran guerilla).

This is quite honestly nothing at all. They have exactly 1 town in range which is easy to defend with 40 units. If Nuts attack, they will lose many more shields than we do since even hoplites fortified in a city are almost 50% against infantry.

The greater threat is that they will wait for more troops and/or KISS will land, but how many more could they have? Hopefully we will find out by upgrading our cannons and watching the strength. I doubt they could land significantly more units next turn - if they had more boats, they should have used them to bring more units this turn.

All in all, I think their sudden crowing making it seem like MIA is in trouble is kind of comical.

Random thought: What happens if they try to settle like they did with TNT? Would that be stupid, or provide them a base so they can unload with no movement cost? Is it even possible?

It looks like Donsid really did know what he was talking about with the artillery. ;)

There is no room for them to settle anywhere close to where they are - they would have to destroy one of our towns first.

Medicine?

Is there a defense bonus for metropoliseseses?

Maybe the're going for that healing wonder - Battlefield Medicine, I think. Of course, they're a little late on that :lol: [/cheeky]

Are they going for max points? I don't know the value of each tech so I don't know how true that is, but it's an idea. Maybe they just don't plain care, they've got what they need, or at least can get to, but then wouldn't it be best to just shut down research?

I would guess that they started Medicine before we built the Theory of Evolution so the point of Medicine was to head for that (as classical_hero mentioned).

By the time they completed Medicine, we had already built the TofE, so they are now going the more conventional tech route. Industrialization is the obvious choice once TofE was built - it gives factories and coal plants, is the next tech on the Flight path, and was the only remaining prerequisite for Espionage. Whatever route the Nuts are taking, Industrialization made sense.

I understand the Industrialization... I just never realized that they had started Medicine before we completed the ToE.

Something funny occured to me today at work: Everyone knows the old line "10 Characters", right?

What if we used that as a countdown? We could post, in the UN
10 characters... then, the next turn,
9 characters....
8 characters
7 characters

It could backfire, if we don't succeed in achieving Domination on 208; alternatively, no one in the UN would know exactly what we are counting down to.

I was just thinking that the UN has been a little quiet and morose lately, and this might enliven things.

I think they'll know once we invade, so if we fail I think that they will have a resonable suspicion of what we were counting down to.

Also do we care if they realize that we are counting down to when we invade?

Also one thing I don't understand about our 1-turn domination, in civ3 once a city is captured do they have a waiting period before the borders expand beyong the 1 city square? I haven't played civ3 in so long I'm not sure if that's a civ4 only thing or not. :crazyeye:

when you capture a city, the borders revert back to a 9 square radius, so there will be plenty of territory not in our borders after we rampage through D'Nut core.

greekguy said:
when you capture a city, the borders revert back to a 9 square radius, so there will be plenty of territory not in our borders after we rampage through D'Nut core.

When you capture a city doesn't the borders of the captured city depend on your culture versus the neighbor's culture?

Also, I was right about the artillery and the Nutter invasion. Nothing to sweat over.

Top Bottom