Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

The turn flipped and the APT email alert is showing that RB completed the Shwadagan Paya.

Edit: I think we still need to let RB know that we met CivFr?

Maybe just a really short message:

Hi Scooter,
Just wanted to let you guys know that we have met all the teams now.
Caledorn

I'll let scooter know via GTalk right away. No need to send an email for that little tidbit. :)

I'll let scooter know via GTalk right away. No need to send an email for that little tidbit. :)

And done. He's offline at the moment but will receive the message as soon as he's online again.

Interesting message from RB. I think they might be ready to use the Marble if we gift it to them in the next 3-5 turns. What do you guys think, try to give it to them right away, or wait until T140? We need to get back to taking their builds. Maga, if I provide you with the numbers, can you give us their hammer counts again from now through T150?

Interesting message from RB. I think they might be ready to use the Marble if we gift it to them in the next 3-5 turns. What do you guys think, try to give it to them right away, or wait until T140? We need to get back to taking their builds. Maga, if I provide you with the numbers, can you give us their hammer counts again from now through T150?

We need to both build the city, and connect the marble. This while we keep lookout for Spanish troops. I need feedback from especially 2metraninja (as you're the main turn player and the team leader) before I can come up with a proper response to the marble question. I'm wondering if the war and the problems we have with Uciv on the city issues there may impede our speed with when we can deliver that marble.

I think 2metra mentioned we can whip the settler next turn, and settle on top of the stone in the next few turns.

Hey guys! Me, not only as the current turnplayer and team captain, but also as one who thinks plans in details will have to have my say about the Marble. Because we did not switched to Slavery, but kept Caste System, we are unable to really whip a settler. Producing settler will take 6 turns after the pop growth this turn. According to my calculations our only possible variant for giving Marble to RB is from t140 to t150. We will need our Marble from t134 to build Taj. If we grow Lakshmi big enough, most probably we be able to finish Taj from t134 to t140.

We still need to wait 5 turns between switching. So we can switch to Slavery just after 5 turns. And it will be only 1 turn earlier than the natural build which will take 6 turns.

Hey guys! Me, not only as the current turnplayer and team captain, but also as one who thinks plans in details will have to have my say about the Marble. Because we did not switched to Slavery, but kept Caste System, we are unable to really whip a settler. Producing settler will take 6 turns after the pop growth this turn. According to my calculations our only possible variant for giving Marble to RB is from t140 to t150. We will need our Marble from t134 to build Taj. If we grow Lakshmi big enough, most probably we be able to finish Taj from t134 to t140.

So, what does this mean we should respond to them? That we can give them marble sometime between t140 and t150? Or do you have a more specific turn I can tell them?

Do you mean Marble?

When is the deadline for giving RB the Marble? Turn 150 IIRC right? Why would we even consider giving it to them early? They wouldn't give us the stone early.:confused:

Yeah, I meant Marble. If I remember the agreement correctly, we agreed to give them Marble for ten turns between T120-T150. They are probably expecting the gift to start by T140 at the latest, but depending on the exact wording, maybe we have until T150 to start the gift? 2metra had floated the idea of surprising them with the gift on the earlier side, in the hopes that they wouldn't be ready to use it, so we could take it back before they could complete Taj. That no longer seems possible.

So, what does this mean we should respond to them? That we can give them marble sometime between t140 and t150? Or do you have a more specific turn I can tell them?

I would say that for now we probably want to keep things vague. Ask them when are they hoping to receive the Marble. Let them know that we haven't been able to connect it yet (they can tell this already from the trade screen) due to our ongoing conflict in that region, but we are trying our hardest to get it connected in time. Make them sweat that they might not get it at all, so that they can't rely on any plans to have it for the T140-T150 period.

We'll have it connected by T134, but they shouldn't know that little detail yet. Once they realize our tech path (revealed to them since we're teching Alpha), and see we have connected Marble, they'll know what we're trying to do. Better to not give them any earlier warning, though.

I think we best respond them that because of the war and the marble is in border area, so we cant settle it right now, but we know that we have agreement and we will do all that is possible to fulfill our side of the deal.

Actually I like Yossa's message and idea. Also, we need to decide and if needed check with RB if "10-turns period must START between t120 and t150" or "10-turn period must be WITHIN the time window t120-t150"

Just checked the exact wording, and it is pretty clear that the gift must start no later than T150. It's also clear that we get final say of when we will gift the Marble, so we can delay it an extra ten turns if we want. Probably best not to delay our own Taj plans any more than necessary, though.

Caledorn,

One issue we discussed previously that we do really need to see added to Section 5 is this:

5.5 Team Civfanatics agrees to give Realms Beyond a 10T loan on marble at some point during the NAP. This can be arranged around CFC's builds to be a 10T window in which they will not be using the marble. RB would like this window to start no earlier than T120 and no later than T150. Both sides will make good-faith effort to be accommodating on the timing of this loan.

Top Bottom