Forum Members' Photographs ΚΔ' (24): The Likeness of Strangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you're not ... I see your boots, your jeans, your jacket, your gloves, your hat .. but no you!

Pretty please? I'll make you cookies.

I don't believe you're anywhere near as bad as you look. I'm not especially photogenic, and I posted my picture!
Oh come now, you're known as one of the most photogenic people on the whole board, silly :p

Maybe I'll post something, but last time I did people here pointed out my face was not very good-looking and I had to agree.

Maybe I'll post something, but last time I did people here pointed out my face was not very good-looking and I had to agree.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
I mean, have you seen the rest of us?

Oh, most of you are fine. But I'd rather people think of me as my glorious profile pic.

Oh come now, you're known as one of the most photogenic people on the whole board, silly :p

Hey, only teens or other unstable people would say such things. Besides, no one signed a contract to post only if they look like a model.
That said, most ot regulars either never posted a pic of themselves or did so only decades ago; so you are in good company :)

Last edited:

Oh dear, I feel just absolutely awful, I can't believe a mistake I wrote in my message ... I wrote "as bad as you look" when I meant "as bad as you THINK". Oh I do hope you understood what I meant? If not, will you please forgive me?

You are very kind with what you say about me, even if you are massively exaggerating, lol. I don't believe you what you say about your appearance, I'm sure I'd find you look absolutely lovely. I do really like your profile picture, but may I ask who it is? When I try to search on google all I get is "Human", which really doesn't help me at all. He looks a lot like one of my favorite cousins.

Oh dear, I feel just absolutely awful, I can't believe a mistake I wrote in my message ... I wrote "as bad as you look" when I meant "as bad as you THINK". Oh I do hope you understood what I meant? If not, will you please forgive me?

You are very kind with what you say about me, even if you are massively exaggerating, lol. I don't believe you what you say about your appearance, I'm sure I'd find you look absolutely lovely. I do really like your profile picture, but may I ask who it is? When I try to search on google all I get is "Human", which really doesn't help me at all. He looks a lot like one of my favorite cousins.
No, no, you didn't say anything insulting at all! And I'm not exaggerating; I tend not to compliment people, so when I do it's sincere.

The man is Bashford Dean, who among other things studied giant prehistoric armored fish and body armor through the ages (hence the user title), had the largest collection of Japanese armor outside of Japan at the turn of the century, was the curator for the New York Met's armor collection, and designed some lovely armor for WWI that sadly was never used. In other words, he had a lot of my dream jobs.

Thank you kindly, I'm now looking him up, he does seem so incredibly fascinating. Ooooh and he died very close to where I live! I love your user title, I think it goes really well with your avatar image and just has such a poetic sound to it ... is that something you came up with yourself? or is it something someone wrote about him?

Thank you very kindly for your compliment, I understand what you're saying, and I feel like I'm the opposite side of your coin. I compliment practically everyone, and I do mean it sincerely as well, because I do believe everyone has beauty that you can find if you want to, and I tend to see that in everyone. I completely understand your trepidation, I've struggled putting myself out there too as I've gone through phases of being extremely self conscious about my physical appearance, and I'd be absolutely devastated if I received unfavorable comments on my photos, lol. Using selfies for my avatars, and posting my pictures here and at another forum, has helped me a bit as I've been improving my self esteem over this past year.

I don't believe there's any way you could be unsightly, and wouldn't you feel so much better letting us see your handsome face? :)

Thank you kindly, I'm now looking him up, he does seem so incredibly fascinating. Ooooh and he died very close to where I live! I love your user title, I think it goes really well with your avatar image and just has such a poetic sound to it ... is that something you came up with yourself? or is it something someone wrote about him?

Thank you very kindly for your compliment, I understand what you're saying, and I feel like I'm the opposite side of your coin. I compliment practically everyone, and I do mean it sincerely as well, because I do believe everyone has beauty that you can find if you want to, and I tend to see that in everyone. I completely understand your trepidation, I've struggled putting myself out there too as I've gone through phases of being extremely self conscious about my physical appearance, and I'd be absolutely devastated if I received unfavorable comments on my photos, lol. Using selfies for my avatars, and posting my pictures here and at another forum, has helped me a bit as I've been improving my self esteem over this past year.

I don't believe there's any way you could be unsightly, and wouldn't you feel so much better letting us see your handsome face? :)

There are seven billion people on the planet. More than likely some number of them would find you not attractive, either because they have some very specific 'taste,' or they are overpowered by media exposure so they are looking for nothing less than a supermodel/perfect soccer mom/rowdy tomboy companion/wealthy heiress combination and think of anything else as a 'letdown,' or they just have some sort of twist. Out of those there are sure to be some hateful people who just spew constant negativity to tear down the world they can't fit into.

There is absolutely no reason to give those people the authority to be 'devastating,' or really any power at all. Their opinions, however loudly stated, can always be assumed to represent an irrelevant minority.

This always applies. It can get hard to remember if the opinion is coming from, say, one of the two in seven billion people who are your parents. Early in life we generally make an internal rule something on the order of 'my parents know absolutely everything.' Carrying that forward unconsciously makes us weight their opinions differently long after we should know better, as if contributing DNA somehow improved the odds that they are the one in seven billion that actually has it right.

But at the end of the day the opinion that actually stands out from all others is our own. Not that it is any more likely to be right than anyone else's, but at least we have a pretty good chance that it isn't being muddled in the communication. So managing that opinion is what matters.

Well, the picture isn't, but the face is nice to look at.

Humans !
I will honor you with my visage.
I am The Truth and The Way and The Light.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 96

what kind of ******* would say something like that? anyways,

this!

lookin fly syns!

I like the pink headphones. I wear pink/rose sometimes, one of the few colors I actually like (assuming white and black aren't colors, because those, and grey, are 90% of what I wear!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom