France Demigod

On Battlefield Medicine in Paris and the Palace in Game City, these are pre-builds for Seti and the Internet respectively, I think once Amiens has completed its stock Market a UN PreBuild can be started.

On Cathedrals and Temples, during our war we had one less luxury and significant war unhappiness, in the identified cities a greater productivity with a lower luxury slider could be maintained with happy buildings, in Chartres the Catherdral will definately help as this is a large commerce, low corruption city with significant sea tiles to work. No cities fell into disorder during my set and this was helped by various happy buildings I built in large metros allowing 4 turn science with some spare cash on the final turn.

On the Hospital in Lahore, this is a core city which has room for growth, my advice on this is complete Hospital followed by University followed by courthouse + police station (thought a factory might also help) , Lahore will need watching as it is suffering from a previous Fascist Government (I have never figured out how it suffers from previous oppression and we liberated it). So it may also be useful to add some happy buildings here, but that will be some distance away in priorities.

Next Tech
Rocketry would be my first choice, to get us to Space Flight, Apollo Program and three Space Ship parts. When we learn Fission, we may want to complete The UN the next turn, just to prevent anyone else from holding elections.

I think after computers we should go Minuturisation as the Internet will significantly strenghten our Tech Rate (it is also not a first tier tech which we might later get form scientific civ gift up), by then we could look at fission or rocketry. If we did fission after Minuturisation we will then be almost certain to get the UN with a pre-build in Amiens.

We can also look to gift up Babylon and the Byzantines and we may be able to get rocketry in a trade.

Computers & Miniaturisation are top priorities...

And gifting up the two SCI civs is a no-brainer, of course...

Lurker's Question

What's the strategy to doing this? Is it to get them learning Techs you don't know yet to reduce your research cost or increase trading options?

Thx!

Lurkers Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis

"What's the strategy to doing this? Is it to get them learning Techs you don't know yet to reduce your research cost or increase trading options?"

Hellfiredoom, the idea is that they are scientific and will get a free tech when enter a new age. If you manage well, they get a tech you do not have and you can trade for it.

The problem sometimes is that you cannot make the trade you would like. Say they get Fued and won't trade or Nat and won't trade or they want a tech you do not wish them to have right now.

Works best, when then get a tech you need, but is not one the AI hates to part with and you can get for either a tech you are ready to let them have or even better gold and a lux.

If it was a low level game playing for HoF, then you are not concerned about what you give them to get it, just that you get it.

The question is not that we gift up but when we gift up, I think we dont need to make a decision until we have researched Minuturisation

I dont know if there is much point gifting up when we get computers (which we have started researching) until minuturisation, mainly because we would have researched a second tier tech to trade the AI could never get as a freebee (this would be useful in trades), and there is the fact that the AI are currently building Universal Suffrage and we would not want to give them a UN pre-build.

Thx vmxa! :D

On Battlefield Medicine in Paris and the Palace in Game City, these are pre-builds for Seti and the Internet respectively, I think once Amiens has completed its stock Market a UN PreBuild can be started.
Good to know!

We can build SET when we know about Computers. Internet is allowed when we know about Miniturizalation, uh, making things itsy-bitsy and very small, right?

I think after computers we should go Minuturisation as the Internet will significantly strenghten our Tech Rate (it is also not a first tier tech which we might later get form scientific civ gift up), by then we could look at fission or rocketry. If we did fission after Minuturisation we will then be almost certain to get the UN with a pre-build in Amiens.

We can also look to gift up Babylon and the Byzantines and we may be able to get rocketry in a trade.
Okay, that answered my question. Making teeny-tiny things allows us to build the Internet.

Computers & Miniaturisation are top priorities...

No problem.

At the moment, this looks like a quiet set of turns. I hope it stays that way.

We learn Computers in 4 turns; Making Wee-Little-Things will take five to six turns. Once we learn how to do that, I'll gift up the Babs and Byzs to the Modern Age and then end the turnset.

sounds good, just start a UN Pre-build some time (Amiens after stock market has the attributes)

Sadly, won't be playing another turnset in this great game, but will certainly be watching you guys launch the spaceship. It's a RL thing that keeps me too busy for Civ these days.

Good luck guys.

Sadly, won't be playing another turnset in this great game, but will certainly be watching you guys launch the spaceship. It's a RL thing that keeps me too busy for Civ these days.

Good luck guys.

That's bad news Daeron. :sad:

All the best and I am looking forward to playing another SG with you in the future!! :wavey:

Daeron, you will be a miss but RL is much more important than CIV

Questions Answered

Battlefield Medicine is a prebuild for SETI.
Palace is a prebuild for Internet.
Next tech: HoneyIShrunkTheKids-ology.
Start a UN prebuild in Amiens.

1 1200 AD

Move all our artillery to outside the capital and fortify.
Move all workers/slaves on rails and fortify for a bit. Stack up 104 slaves, with 51 on non-railed tiles. Six native workers are in the field awaiting orders, 11 outside the capital, leaving a handful already committed some task.

There are four Dutch Infantry near Besancon, fortified on a railed and irrigated plains tile. We are at peace, and don't really want another war, so we let them be.

Try to finish up as many tasks as possible this turn; clear out some damaged tiles, finish railing/watering others, move workers into places where they can start/finish roads next turn.

Cycle through the cities.

New Cherbourg: temple in 49 -> settler in 19.
Nicea: hire a geek.
Bangalore: swap tiles around and hire a geek.
Charlaroi: market in 97 -> settler in 27.
Toulouse: clown -> geek.
Metz: work the grass instead of the hill; grows in 4 not 7.
Fustat: courthouse in 48 -> library in 48 (nets 1spt).
Chittagong: swap tiles; grows in 2 not 3.
Shuruppak: market in 76 -> library in 56 (1 spt, zero growth).
Yamama: swap tiles; grows in 5 not 7.
Grenoble: cathedral in 9 -> bank in 9.
Muscat: swap tiles; grows in 4 not 7.
The Can-Can: temple in 12 -> police station in 46.
Strasbourg: courthouse in 57 -> library in 57.
Brest: university in 189 -> settler in 19 (Brest in on the Egyptian border, very corrupt).
New Paris: courthose in 15 -> library in 15.
Nice: market in 85 -> settler in 25; swap tiles; grows in 4 not 8.
Annecy: swap tiles; grows in 3 not 7.
Tresors de la Terre: market in 94 -> artillery in 74.
Crac des Chevaliers: swap tiles; grows in 1 not 2.
New Toulouse: swap tiles; grows in 2 not 3.
Lyons 2: swap tiles; grows in 4 not 5.
Besancon 2: fire geek; grows in 6 instead of zero growth at size 1.
Amiens 2: swap tiles; grows in 5 not 7.
Constantinople: university in 186 -> vInfantry in 76.
Delhi: swap tiles; grows in 4 not 7.
Tours 2: temple in 15 -> library in 35; geek -> hardhat; library in 12 not 35.
Babylon: add 7 native workers, now at size 8. Nets 2 spt of 9, with three hardhats; university in 25 not 199.

Infantry to Muscat, Rheims 2 and Les Sales D'Alonne.

Set Continental Rally Point 2NE of the capital.
[IBT]
Egyptian Cavalry run about.
Dutch Infantry head for home.

Bombay worker (Indian) -> library in 80.
Toulouse vCavalry -> vCavalry in 4.
Avignon vTank -> vTank in 2.
Quell a resister in Delft.
New Strausbourg library -> courthouse in 12.

Hittites are building Universal Suffrage (Industrialization).
We deplete a source of Iron near Egypt.

2 1210 AD

Hire a geek in Delft.
We still have 5 sources of Iron.

It takes 6 slaves 1 turn to road one mountain tile. Dedicate 30 slaves (5 stacks) to this task.

Drain 5 swamps.

Cherbourg 2 is connected to 001 Paris on roads entirely inside our own borders.

Infantry to Orleans 2 and Guerilla to New Cherbourg.

Cycle through the cities to allocate new growth.
[IBT]
India bothers us. The Furious Indians offer Free Artistry for Sanitation. We don't want a war but don't want to give away goodies, so we respectfully decline. India is miffed and goes away to sulk.

Amiens stock exchange -> Universal Suffrage in 12 (prebuild for UN).

We squash another resister in Delft.

New Chartres library -> wealth (4 geeks).

3 1220 AD

Hire another geek in Delft.

Drain 6 swamps.

Two swamps and one jungle defile the land of France. Jungle and one swamp should disappear next turn.

Park two Armies on the Egyptian border at rather weak points.
[IBT]
Byzantines demand some face time. The one city world power wants an ROP and an MPP. Notagonnahappen.

Only one Dutch Infantry remains inside Glorious France.

Pollution around 001 Paris.

Anjar courthouse -> bank in 12.
Resistance in Delft is done.

4 1230 AD

Pollution cleaned up.

One swamp and one jungle go away. Last swamp will vanish in two turns; one worker in a swamp with no roads. I was moving four slaves into a swamp on turn 1, roading it on turn 2 and then moving in enough slaves to drain it and then rail it and irrigate it on turn 3.

Drop science to 80%, Computers in 1, +116 gpt, 1571 gold.

This is the last turn of our offical peace with Egypt. We move some Armies down south, just in case.
[IBT]
Egypt does nothing except show off a Destroyer and Cruiser.
Dutch units leave.

We learn Computers, start on Miniatuization, 7 turns at 80%.

La France stock exchange -> vMech Infantry in 3.
Calcutta settler -> settler in 30.
Marseilles bank -> vMech Infantry in 3.
Spice City library -> courthouse in 8 (nets 11 spt of 19).
Pollution at Game City.
Cherbourg police station -> bank in 15.
Delft worker (Dutch) -> worker in 10 (city set to zero growth).
Chartres 2 settler -> settler in 30.
Pays-Bas library -> harbor in 15 (we have fish).

Palace Expansion; we add some sphinxes out front.

5 1240 AD

Rail and irrigate. Pollution cleared up.

White and Nerdy is built near Chittagong; builds wealth.
Rye or the Kaiser is placed nearby; lots of grassland here.

Both of these were settled inside our borders. We are at 51% Land Area and either the Internet or SETI will give us some culture expansion. We have 69% of the world's population. I did not want us to win via Domination, so I placed these two cities in "safe" locations.

Up science to 100%, Mini-me-ing-stuff in 6 turns, -106 gpt, 1687 gold.

001 Paris Battlefield Medicine in 2 -> SETI in 8.

Around the capital are 29 artillery, 1 eCav, 3 vCav and 2 vTank.
[IBT]
Toulouse vCavalry -> vCavalary in 4.
Besancon university -> bank in 9.
New Bordeaux aqueduct -> library in 20; zero growth, set to grow in 1.

6 1250 AD

Except for some forest chops up north near India, which I want to coordinate with settler builds, every flat tile is roaded and railed. All look to be mined or irrigated, too.

I'll leave our native workers alone this turn and use our remaining, unallocated slaves, about 100 of them, in the task of roading the remaining mountains and hills. I'll be going from left to right (west to east) across our fair lands, taking them on a first come, first served basis. We use all but 1 slave.
[IBT]
Hittites demand we look their way. WM for WM? Nope.

Tours 2 library -> flak in 70.
Settlers Factory vMechInf -> vMechInf in 8.
Pollution at Grenoble.
Mystic River vMechInf -> vMechInf in 8.
Dijon library -> police station in 40.
Marseilles 2 settler -> settler in 30.
New Marseilles aqueduct -> library in 80.

Universal Suffrage is built in Thebes, Egypt.

7 1255 AD

Pollution cleaned up.

I Love Rocky Road is founded 2SE of New Poiters.

Amiens Universal Suffrage -> Military Academy in 2.

001 Paris: SETI in 6.
Game City: Palace (Internet prebuild) in 9.

With Military Academy in Amiens, we could use Armies as a Space Ship part prebuild, though that would only apply to Amiens.

MechInfs go to the Egyptian front.
[IBT]

La France vMechInf -> vMechInf in 3.
Nicea settler -> settler in 30.
Lahore hospital -> factory in 15.
Marseilles vMechInf -> vMechInf in 3.
Pollution near Grenoble.
New Bayonne aqueduct -> courthouse in 12.

8 1260 AD

Pollution cleaned up.

The Saga Begins is squeezed in around Chartres 2.
[IBT]
Ellipi settler -> settler in 30.
Punjab settler -> settler in 30.

Military Academy is built in Amiens.

Amiens Military Academy -> Army in 6 (400 shields for an Army).

9 1265 AD

No pollution this turn.

Like a Surgeon is spotted around New Tours.
Eat It is sandwiched between New Marseilles and New Lyons, near the Egyptian border of the city of Aden.
[IBT]
Bangalore worker (India) -> library in 80.
Varna university -> bank in 16.
Toulouse vCavalry -> vCavalry in 4.
Grenoble bank -> vTank in 9.

10 1270 AD

We had some cultural border expansion at Tours 2 on the Indain border; we gain forest and grassland from India and fill in some gaps behind the lines.

All of our mountains and hills are roaded.

Drop science to 60%, Teensy-Weensy Thingism in 1, +384 gpt, 1130 gold.
[IBT]
Trade embargo on us Egypt and Netherlands ends.

We learn How-To-Make-Things-Smaller, start on Genetics as a placeholder tech for the moment.

New Rhiems settler -> settler in 30.
La France vMechInf -> vMechInf in 3.
Marseilles vMechInf -> vMechInf in 3.

11 1275 AD

Game City palace in 2 -> Internet in 2.

Leave Amiens making an Army; can change after the handoff to palace, if needed.

Sell Steel to Babylon for WM, Free Artistry and 22 of 22 gold.
Sell Electricity to Byzantines for 3 gpt and 11 of 11 gold.

Gift Byzantines into the Modern Age. They get Computers, which we already know.

:eek:

And so does Babylon!

:cry: :faint:

And the save is attached.

Not much excitement, just trying to get Babylon and Byzantines up to the Modern Age and then trade for their free tech.

Tech Trading Options with Babylon and Byzantines
None.

Both of their free techs were Computers, which we already know.

:gripe: and :shake:

Aden Area, 1275 AD
Spoiler :

One more mountain tile needs to be roaded, 2W of Aden of Egypt. This mountain is outside our borders, but we could colonize it if we needed to.

The border towns here all have defenders. Grand Marais, which is not fully shown on the left hand side of the image, is defended with 2 vCavalry.

We roaded the bombarded mountain and hill south of Aden. Armies are on those tiles now; the army on the mountain is fortified. If these are not resource tiles we can pillage the roads later.

Random Stuff
Infantry and Mech Infantry guard our cities along the main border with Egypt, along with two Armies out in the field.

The mountain 2S of Poiters is railed, though it is not very obvious and easy to overlook. Twice I sent workers there thinking it needed roads and both times the units just looked at me with a :hmm: expression.

Around the capital we have our artillery, an eCavalry, eGuerilla (both elites in one stack), 3 vCavalry, 14 workers and 4 slaves. No units have been moved.

Two vCav are in Hyderabad and four more in Lahore. The rest are in our five armies.

The Dutch have trespassed our land to send units to their capital.

There is a marsh 1SE of New Marseilles that needs to be drained. I missed it earlier.

Universal Suffrage was built in Thebes, Egypt in 1250 AD.

Military Academy was built in Amiens in 1260 AD.

On this last turn I railed and mined the two mountains near Dijon. This was near the end of the turn. The slaves had been stacked up around the capital by this time; some had moved two roads already and some had not, and no way to tell them apart. Some slaves could only move onto the mountain but that ended their turn, and a lot of them did. To road, rail and mine would take only 30 slave turns; there are 41 on that mountain! :lol:

We have two forests that are ready to chop this turn; 2SE of Punjab and 1n-1NW of Tours 2, both up near India.

We are learning Genetics, 8 turns at 80%. This was a placeholder while we traded techs with Babylon and Byzantines. Even though that didn't work out, we still need to discuss what to learn next, so no change on the next tech at the moment.

No units have been moved. All that was done this turn was gifting up Babylon and Byzantines.

Military
  • 001 Settler
  • 018 Worker
  • 203 Slaves
  • 033 Cavlary
  • 012 Infantry
  • 005 Tank
  • 006 Mech Infantry
  • 018 Artillery
  • 011 Artillery (captured)
  • 003 Bomber
  • 005 Army
  • 004 Guerilla
    • Current Units: 105
    • Allowed Units: 254
    • Support Costs: 000 gpt

shame both the Byzantines and abylonians got computers, I suggest we go 100% science on cheapest tech out of rocketry and fission are science will increasewhen the internet is built

Top Bottom