Emp01 - Rise and Rule AWE

Empiremaker

Human Fish
My first SG- Played. I’m new, and I’m starting this one since there aren’t many new ones right now.

Civ: Germany, but open for discussion
Size: Standard
Landform: Continents or Pangaea
Style: ??? (easiest might be: Warm, Arid, 4 billion-For floodplains)
Barbs: Sedentary
Version: 1.04 RaR Pre-beta*
Opponents: All Random
Difficulty: Emperor (changable if team wants-up or down)
Other Stuff: All VC enabled, standard playing settings otherwise (Culturally linked starts: Off) Standard SG (24 got it, 72 play) rules-no exploits
AW rules: No trading, no peace, no embassies, no contact execpt for the intial - just conatact and declare.

Roster and Playing Order (As of 9/25)

Greebley
PaGe
Empiremaker
Elephantium
???

Requirements:
• Some familiarity with RaR
• Can beat Emperor+ normal C3C
• Basic AW strategy

*Since there isn’t a 1.04 pb Extended, could someone make or link to an Extended if available. If someone makes an Extended please use 1.02/1.03 costs, for the most part (look at changelist). I much prefer extended, but I would be willing to play regular (540 turns). I can’t do it since I have a mac :sad:

Suggestions, ideas are welcome.

Hi empiremaker,

I would be happy to join your SG. Normally I play Emperor, but have no experience with AW-games. So you must decide, if you wanna play with me. The German are OK.

PaGe - thanks for signing up. :D I don't mind if you haven't played AW before, but do you know the tactics behind it. If not, some SG/Stories have great descriptions.

I've also decided to use some of DocT's RaR rules:

Cheats, Exploits:
Outruled (what a surprise..). No reloading to undo actions (but of course, occasional reloading in case of a misclick – the incidentally gifted Tech in the F4 screen is classic – is fine). No blatant exploits like ‘Infinite Wealth’, ‘RoP-Rape’, gpt-purchase of Techs or Resources (for mass upgrades) and declaration to get out of that deal, or false peace treaties.

Also, minor exploits allowed for GotMs are not allowed for SGs: Ship-Chaining (it is allowed to unload in a city, and board a different ship here), ‘Throw-away cities’ (found a city in enemy territory to use the borders to advance your troops, and abandon that city immediately)

A special item is the ‘Seed Corn’ thing: Buying all Workers from an AI Civ very early was way too cheap before c3c; this extremely cripples the AI. Since Workers in c3c are more expensive, that is a lesser problem in the unmodded game, and usually you are allowed to buy all but one Worker from an AI Civ there. However, in RaR the AI will not be able to build Workers early because of the much slower growth, so this rule is still mandatory for this game:
No purchase of the last/ only Worker from any Civ before 2000BC.

A new rule for c3c (and RaR as well) is related to the fact you now can land on enemy zero-defence units (Workers, Settlers, Artillery) with any unit, not only Marines. The AI is not aware of this. While it is allowed to land on AI units, it is outruled to use Worker (or, more commonly, Slave) Walls to block AI landings.

In RaR, you are also required to respect the rate cap.

The rules are clear beside the last sentence. Rate cap? A language problem, I think. Cause english is not my native language.
Next week I've time to read some reports of AW-SGs here. Can you recommend some?

It means that in certain governments, you can't go above a certain percentage in Science, Entertainment, or Tax. You can set tax too high, and it will reset on the next turn, but after income is calculated, so you get around the mod's rules.

I reccomend the Zealous Zulus in the stories and tales, and Handy 900's AWS. Look in that list for some others.

Anyone else? ;)

I haven't played RaR recently and AW is hard to resist.
especially in C3C, isn't it?

I would have signed on, but I am leaving for Germany in a few days and it isn't really nice to join a new game now

RaR - Rise and Rule. A completly remade game, with more techs, units, building and more. One of the most popular mods at CFC. The link. Be sure to get 1.04 prebeta if you want to participate in the SG. Look on this post for 1.04

Elephantium, if you play a few games of RaR, I'd be happy to slot you in last, if you meet the other requirements. (Emperor+ normal C3C, Knowledge of AW)

Do you know RaR now? Cause I think this would be the harder challenge, than reaching emp. Just try a game with RaR, then you can see what I mean (no irrigation, no mining at the beginning, 3 Food for populationpoint).

BTW, I feel emporer RaR is easier than emporer in a normal game. The AI doesn't know to emphasize shields and shield buildings.

Note that a good start makes a bigger difference in RaR and can make the game easier if we wished.

I think we can win Emp with one less strong player. Emp AW even in the normal C3C depends very much on the starting position - such as number of fronts you are fighting on, so I am not saying we will win for sure, but I do think we have a good chance.

I'm just playing a RaR-PBEM with some guys. I asked them to play this SG with us, but haven't received an answer yet. One of them is on holiday til october. Maybe he can join us later.
But I think we can start now. If someone wants to join the game we can include him.

Hmm...this game sounds really interesting, so I could play a few games to ramp up my experience with harder difficulty levels - and RaR! - in the next week or so. That should get me to the point where I can make a decent contribution to *THIS* game - just put me last in the roster :)

Would that work for the rest of you?

Playing Roster

Greebley
PaGe
Empiremaker
Elephantium-learning RaR and moving to Monarch/Emperor
(Available Slot)

Start 1:

Start 2

Sorry about the screenshot, but the save is the start (pre tribe move), and my reccomended move 1SW isn’s affected by the extra info

Start 3

My vote is start 2 for costal, and the hills. 1 doesn’t have much prodution, and 3 is even lower than 1 for production.

Top Bottom