1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Jul 22, 2003.

1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

2. Belzhorash

Belzhorash Warlord

Thanks!

3. Loppan Torkel

Loppan Torkel Deity

4. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Hallo, I have several new users who've migrated from another forum (Count Dingdong, Winter Lilium, Internet Flea, Legato Endless) who have, apparently, a grand total of THREE posts as their inbox size. Can anyone give an explanation?

5. Count Dingdong

Count Dingdong Chieftain

According to the grand and illustrious forum rules, we newbies should be unable to post until we have been here for five days (and have at least five posts, but such is a small feat)! That said, we have a small mailbox space of a paltry three messages... Due to the nature of our arrival (we were invited for backstabbery and shenanigans that go on in the area of this forum dedicated to the notable game Mafia), we may perchance require more message space.

Would it be alright to inquire as to how one could go about increasing said mailbox size? Thank you most graciously for your expected helpful information! :D

6. WinterLilium

WinterLilium Chieftain

PM, you mean. If we couldn't post without five posts, I'd be complaining a lot more. :lol:

7. Count Dingdong

Count Dingdong Chieftain

Why, yes. Typos, blargh. :crazyeye: Yep, PMs. That's what we're talking about here. I can post. Posting's fine. PMing's the issue. I'd rather not have to clear my inbox every back-and-forth. ;)

...I also should have checked this earlier. And I suppose it could be a while before a mod sees this. Question: is it worth using my limited PM space to PM a mod about this question?

8. Legato Endless

Legato Endless Prince

Probably. Depends on how often this thread gets checked. But I would go for it.

9. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

I have escalated it, so no need to PM individually.

10. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

It can be awkward, but PMs can be downloaded to your desktop (or other location) as text files to free up space.

11. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Is it just in txt format or can it be downloaded in html format?

12. Birdjaguar

I've always used txt, but the options are: xml; csv and txt. Go to the lower right corner of your PM page where it says "selected messages". Click on the down arrow for options.

13. Count Dingdong

Count Dingdong Chieftain

I do realize that, and I do that elsewhere when my mailboxes fill up. However, when your mailbox size is 3, you're downloading 1 or 2 (3 if you're full, but the point is not to be full) messages all the time, and it's just really inefficient. I'm also in a situation where I may well get PMs from 3 or more people or want to send PMs to 3 or more people, since it looks like PMing is a large part of this forum's Mafia community. And, well, 3 messages is the extent of a message, a reply, and then another reply. It's too inefficient to have any actual conversation with. ^^"

That said, I suppose I'll have a normal inbox in 3 or so days, but it is problematic for the narrator who has to wait. And there are more who joined after I did.

14. Lefty Scaevola

Lefty Scaevola Moderatus Illuminatus Super Moderator

I have manually added Count Dongdong and several others to the five day five post group

15. Birdjaguar

Yes, for those just joining the site the delay in getting PM space can be frustrating. It is an admin question that maybe they will address. [passing buck upstream to those of higher authority]

16. Takhisis

All hail our Ninja overlords!

17. Takhisis

btw it's not Dongdong, it's Dingdong… did anything go wrong there?

18. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

No, I checked and Count Dingdong should be fine. Lefty got the right guy, even if he made a spelling mistake in his post above.

19. Takhisis

I'm not being pedantic, actually, as a couple months ago I had a problem with the NightBringer/Nightbringer. duo. Yes, one has a '.' at the end of his name, and the names are not case-sensitive for CFC users. A lot of PMs went the wrong way…

20. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff