Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Your password was reset yesterday, based upon the PM you sent, and an email was sent to your registration email address. As soon as we know you can use your original account, this one will be merged with it.

I have now copied the message by PM in case the email did not get through.

Thanks leif and lefty for helping me with this problem. Thanks a lot.

I hope this is an appropriate place, at least in the 1st instance. I got the attached advert, with appears to be for bondage toys though I did not click on it. Considering the general tone of this site I thought it could be considered inapproprate but did not obviously see where to report it.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 210715 - 09:09:29.jpg
    Screenshot - 210715 - 09:09:29.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 271
So does that mean we just switched from Atomic Empire, or is this why they're closing down?

That would be the ad that is placed between the header bar and the forum. Do you have something that disables ad image display?

No. Everything is enabled and nothing stops images from being displayed.

Sounds like something on your browser, maybe a security setting, is partially block the doubleclick scripts.

I can't use WIYSWIYG post editor features. Completely, both in quick and advanced modes. Then I click buttons (include smile ones on right) it just do nothing. I think it's may be a browser issue, so I installed latest Chrome, but nothing changes. Please help, because I wish post quite long game logs in GOTM forums, and formating using manual BB codes will take ages.

Nevermind, solved. Kind of adblocking via HOSTS file side-effect. Looks like the forum use some external scripts for the editor.

Is where a way to fix PRE bbcode to prevent it to place html BR tags inside PRE one, which looks quite stupid in result, as they are duplicates preformatted line breaks?
[pre]<pre> - ----- <br />
----- |-----<br />
||----| ----|| <br />
||----- -----|| <br />
||-----| |-----||<br />
|| ----- ------||<br />
||- ----| |------||<br />
||---||-- -------||<br />
||--|| --| |-------||<br />
|| -|| |-- --- - --||<br />
|| -|| --|-|--| - ---|<br />
|---|| |-----| |-----|<br />
|---|| |---- |-----| <br />
|----| --- |-----|<br />
|----- ------| <br />
</pre><br />[/pre]

Let me know if I understand your concern: Using the PRE code inserts additional blank lines into a post. Is that correct?

I'm not sure that I see the need for the PRE code. Supposedly, it preserves some formatting, such as spacing. Perhaps this was needed at one time, but consider the following example:

This is line 1.
This is l i n e 2.

This is line 4.

This renders exactly as typed, with no added bbcodes. If I surround the text with the PRE code, all I get are additional lines:

[pre]This is line 1.
This is l i n e 2.

This is line 4.[/pre]

Can you provide an example where the PRE code is needed to preserve formatting?

I have troubles with formatting of some lengthy game log like this:

CODE bbcode:
Code:
	bc 4000		wrk to SE; Beijing founded. 
			research set to Pot (16t)
{s}	bc 3950		wrk I+R plains
	bc 3800		1st warrior, goto N (later seen solid jungle then turn to W, and if this string becomes more than 80 chars long, it causes a hScrollbar appearance)
	bc 3750		wrk goto S, then I+R flood
	bc 3600		2nd warrior, goto SE

---
PRE bbcode:
[pre] bc 4000 wrk to SE; Beijing founded.
{s} bc 3950 wrk I+R plains
bc 3800 1st warrior, goto N (later seen solid jungle then turn to W)
bc 3750 wrk goto S, then I+R flood
bc 3600 2nd warrior, goto SE
[/pre]

Looks not very bad at first look... But what if this log will contain a several hundred rows? It cause a some perception problem for a reader then.

---
Without spaces alternative (as it is now):

bc 4000 wrk to SE; Beijing founded.
{s} bc 3950 wrk I+R plains
bc 3800 1st warrior, goto N (later seen solid jungle then turn to W)
bc 3750 wrk goto S, then I+R flood
bc 3600 2nd warrior, goto SE

- perception problem of another kind appear... :(

I was surprised to find that the same issue came up nine years ago, with no fix or workaround being known. I couldn't find any newer information. I suggest you either use the CODE tag and live with the scrollbar, or use PRE and live with the extra lines. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful.

Maybe you could use a table&#8230;?

Hello, can an admin or moderator help me recover my previous account or transfer my previous information to this account? I first joined CFC in 2008 and would rather not have to restart from scratch. I've tried using a couple different methods last week and haven't received any emails. Please send me a PM for details. Thanks.

I have PMed you to get the information on your old account.

I'm new and was wondering how to make a group, I can't find any sort of option. Do I have to meet certain requirements. Thanks!

P.S. What's a story? (I know what a story is, but in terms of Civ and this site.)

What kind of group?

Top Bottom