Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

To update my profile I now need my Home page URL. I have no idea where to find this and the Internet is of no use. So I guess I will just go with my info that must be over 20 years old.
I mistake I made that looked a bit like this is not seeing the 2 questions close to the bottom of the screen that you have to answer to deter bots and spammers. Check you have entered answers to those two.

@J-man
It is possible.

Hit the reply button, highlight the quote and cut it. Then go to the new thread and paste it in place.

For pictures and media, you would most likely need to download the image and then attach it to your post in the new thread.
I have found that once you select "quote", you can then just go to the new thread, and click into the empty post box and the insert post option will appear. Click on that then the selected quote will drop into the box. No need to cut and paste. Quick and easy.

From a thread in OT:
June is our hottest month. It's been in the high 90s all week and we are heading towards 100+ next week. So today we got milkshakes for dinner.

Are threadmarks a thing in these forums?

Could you specify more?

You can just link to individual posts using the individual post's id and the [ post ] tag. The forum software will render it as a URL that is a permalink to that specific post.

So,
[ post=post number ] text [/ post ]
will be
Code:
[post=16134359]a link[/post] to your post above

a link to your post above.

You can also be a lazy bum and copy the link to report post to your clipboard, delete the word ‘report’ from it and place it in a regular URL tag. It should work, most of the time, but CFC sometimes changes its software and the URL system has changed so some earlier links from the past are broken. With the [ post ] tag you always get a permalink to the post with that post ID rendered.

------
That said, actually marking or highlighting a post for any passersby to see is not currently enabled as far as I know.

Just looked it up in the xenForo community boards and threadmark is an add-on that is currently no longer supported by the creator. So we won't use it.

Linking as per Takhisis' post above is probably your best bet.

Just looked it up in the xenForo community boards and threadmark is an add-on that is currently no longer supported by the creator. So we won't use it.

Linking as per Takhisis' post above is probably your best bet.
You can just link to individual posts using the individual post's id and the [ post ] tag. The forum software will render it as a URL that is a permalink to that specific post.

So,
[ post=post number ] text [/ post ]
will be
Code:
[post=16134359]a link[/post] to your post above

a link to your post above.

You can also be a lazy bum and copy the link to report post to your clipboard, delete the word ‘report’ from it and place it in a regular URL tag. It should work, most of the time, but CFC sometimes changes its software and the URL system has changed so some earlier links from the past are broken. With the [ post ] tag you always get a permalink to the post with that post ID rendered.

------
That said, actually marking or highlighting a post for any passersby to see is not currently enabled as far as I know.

Ah, I see. That's a shame. Thanks for the advice to both of you, though. :D

One more thing: there's a similar feature for threads, because browsers keep changing the display for threads and what-not but if you want to link to a specific thread by its ID then [ thread ] [/ thread ] is your friend.

Last edited:
I have a technical issue with the log-in. Which of the mods could I contact privately to discuss it?

What is the purpose of following and followers on your profile? Everyone seems to have a few.. is it automatic?

No real purpose, as far as I can see, and no, not automatic.
(why is it there then? No clue, need to go to Xenforo and ask the devs :dunno:)

Thanks. Seems a bit like MySpace's top 8 friends :lol: Do you remember following the 65 people listed on your profile then?

Yes, I do remember that. It was all when CFC was still using vbulletin. There we had a "friends" feature, which was, as far as I can remember, as useless, and got converted to followers here on Xenforo.
I guess it's nice to say "I know this person better", but it doesn't serve a real purpose here :dunno:.

If you click your username, and then "your news feed", you can see their posts.

^Indeed.
In the times of vBulletin we had ‘friends’ and ‘contacts’. The latter were, as far as I remember, simply a handy way of storing other users' names in case you wanted to search for their posts or drop them a line. The former actually was useful in restricting some actions such as conversations PMs and profile posts.
But then everything changed when the Xenfire nation attacked.

Top Bottom