Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for the replies. I hadn't realized that some units can get copper or iron but not mithral weapons. I haven't played enough yet that having mithral is a common occurrence.

How do I have to adjust the settings in bonus.xml to make sure that a specific bonus is exactly 2 times on the map, no matter how big the map is?

I don't understand how iRand, iConstAppearance, iPlacementOrder, iPlayer etc. work together :(

Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: you can but you'll either have to use python or the SDK to do it. If you really can't do either of those two then there is one other way, but it's not reliable:

Set iPlacementOrder to 0 (place this first).
Set iRand & iPlayer to 0. Rand is random, iPlayer is per player.
Set iConstAppearance to 1. 0 might work too but I suspect 1 is more mapscript friendly.
Set iTilesPer to 0.
Always play with GAMEOPTION_DOUBLE_BONUSES. (there is no way around this step without python or SDK.)

This will make the game try to place two resources. 1 (minimum) * 2 (double bonuses) = 2.

This does NOT guarantee you will get exactly two of the bonus on the map. The mapscript may use it's own bonus placement algorithm. There is no way around that in XML.

thanks .. that helps a lot and will suffice ;)

Don't know why, but the game freaks out when I add/delete a bonus ressource at the moment ... after the first round ALL tiles get a marble ressource :D

try to find out what's the trigger (I recently deleted "sheut stone")

Another question: Where is the table with all the mana ressources on the upper left corner of the screen defined? I want to delete some of the displayed resources and change some buttons ...

Another question: Where is the table with all the mana ressources on the upper left corner of the screen defined? I want to delete some of the displayed resources and change some buttons ...

This MAY be something Xienwolf changed in FF, in which case I can't help you find the exact code (RifE is based on FF), but the code you want is in CvScreensInterface.py.

In my files, you'd search for:
Code:
manaTypes1 = [ 'BONUS_MANA_AIR','BONUS_MANA_BODY','BONUS_MANA_CHAOS','BONUS_MANA_DEATH','BONUS_MANA_EARTH','BONUS_MANA_ENCHANTMENT','BONUS_MANA_ENTROPY','BONUS_MANA_FIRE','BONUS_MANA_LAW', 'BONUS_MANA_CREATION', 'BONUS_MANA_FORCE' ]
manaTypes2 = [ 'BONUS_MANA_LIFE','BONUS_MANA_METAMAGIC','BONUS_MANA_MIND','BONUS_MANA_NATURE','BONUS_MANA_SHADOW','BONUS_MANA_SPIRIT','BONUS_MANA_SUN','BONUS_MANA_WATER', 'BONUS_MANA_ICE', 'BONUS_MANA_DIMENSIONAL', 'BONUS_REFINED_MANA']

The rest of it is automated; It will pull the resource's icon for the display.

thanks ;)

your implementation seems easy to replace, but as you said in FfH2 there is other code I don't understand yet ...

thanks .. that helps a lot and will suffice ;)

Don't know why, but the game freaks out when I add/delete a bonus ressource at the moment ... after the first round ALL tiles get a marble ressource :D

try to find out what's the trigger (I recently deleted "sheut stone")

Missed this one... That would be the hell terrain stuff. Will either be in CvEventManager or CustomFunctions; Just search for Sheut.

Basically, the game is checking the plot counter. If below 10 (not Hell), the game checks for hell resources and sets them to the default... For Sheut Stone, that is Marble. The problem is you've deleted Sheut Stone, so it is a null value... Which happens to be the value returned when a plot has no resource. You'd just want to delete the lines about the Sheut stone, wherever they are in your files.

thanks ;)

your implementation seems easy to replace, but as you said in FfH2 there is other code I don't understand yet ...

Not my implementation. :p

Like I said, it's inherited from FF.... But IIRC, the interface was rebuilt by Xienwolf and that interface is used in FfH as well, so it may well be the same code for you.

ah now I understand .. didn't know what FF is, thought you mean Fall from Heaven and missed the H :p

Thanks for clarifying the sheut stone/marble stuff :)

ah okay ;) thank you for all your help

next thing: where are the images for the <FontButtonIndex> resources?

I added some resources to my mod but they aren't displayed in the city screen though they should give +1 hammers/food/gold

ah okay ;) thank you for all your help

next thing: where are the images for the <FontButtonIndex> resources?

I added some resources to my mod but they aren't displayed in the city screen though they should give +1 hammers/food/gold

Assets/Res/Fonts/GameFont + GameFont_75

Does anyone know offhand how to fix the Always War AI, which particularly breaks scenarios? I know Sephi had a fix and posted some updated python files several months ago, but the links are no longer valid. I keep hoping the fix will be included in an official patch sometime, but no joy so far. :(

Particularly, the issue is the AI just builds an enormous stack to endlessly patrol its cultural borders, seldom expanding, and eventually using up its entire economy on military support. If anyone can point me in the direction of a fix, I'd be much obliged.

I recently purchased the Civilization IV: Complete Edition boxset, however I didn't install the Colonization expansion and instead only installed up to BtS then patched it to 3.19. I then installed FfH2 0.41n into the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2

Now whenever I run Civilization IV: BtS, the mod itself does not show up in mod listing. Instead I only see the Fall from Heaven: Age Of Ice scenario.

In order to see the FfH2 Mod, I have to start up the original Civ IV and then it's listed. However, whenever I try to load the mod I get a game crash as the game is restarting. I've browsed around and I can't seem to find any solution to the problem. I've reinstalled, re-patched, re-downloaded the mod and nothing seems to work. I also don't .see any way of shortcutting the Mod itself to see if it helps alleviate the problem that seems to stem from starting the mod in Civ IV.

Any insight into this or help solving the problem would be greatly appreciate. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you should install it HERE:

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2

Then start Beyond the Sword and load the mod or create a shortcut on your desktop to Beyond the Sword, right-click on it and change the target to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall From Heaven 2

EDIT: Never mind... Worked it out myself.

New question: How can I delete this post?

I'm looking for a guide how to modify the civilopedia in FfH2 ... I like the way it's modded in Wild Mana, but it would suffice to know where I can add a new topic in the civilopedia.

For example I want to create a folder with "new technologies" and allocate some techs to the new and some to the old one ... but how? ;)

I'm looking for a guide how to modify the civilopedia in FfH2 ... I like the way it's modded in Wild Mana, but it would suffice to know where I can add a new topic in the civilopedia.

For example I want to create a folder with "new technologies" and allocate some techs to the new and some to the old one ... but how? ;)

This depends on what you mean by topic. If you mean a new tab (like Units, Buildings, etc), that takes DLL work. Pretty sure that's the one you mean.

If a concept section would do, though, that is quite easy. Open XML/BasicInfos/BasicInfos.xml, add your entry, and then write the textkey for it.

you're right, I meant a new tab to distinguish between Palaces, wonders and common buildings for example :)

Preferably I'd like to use the Wild Mana civilopedia mod :p but I guess that won't be easy to implement ...

Top Bottom