Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Meh. I far prefer the pedia in FF and RifE; If you haven't seen it, it is more like the FfH version but allows you to sort/filter the pedia based on specific commands.

The awesome thing about it? Those sorts/filters are all added by python, so it is EASILY added to. However, it requires DLL work to set up in the first place.

2. dewell

dewell Warlord

okay, I'll try RifE now ;) thanks a lot :)

Another question or maybe a feasibility study :)

In which ways can I alter a 3d model with nifskope (and without using Blender, 3dsmax etc.)?

I can change textures with gimp + dds plugin
    I can remove nodes (weapons, elven ears etc.)

But can I change the hair length of a 3d model or shorten its legs with nifskope??
    Can I replace weapons/helmets/shields?

I don't have the time right now to work through a blender tutorial, but if I just need a few clicks to exchange weapons or alter existing 3d models then some effort would be worth it :)

3. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

I read awhile back that there is a quick way to reset the map, after having started. However, I can't find it with a search. Basically, I'm looking for a quick way to resetting the map so as certain civs (Lanun, for example) I don't have to redo all of my settings and the teams just to get a good starting position. Does anyone know of the way to do this?

4. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

It's only available on Turn 0. So as long as you haven't ended your first turn, hit escape and there will be a 'Regenerate Map' option in the menu.

5. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

Thank you. Also, is there a way to reset the camera? I somehow got it offset by about 15 degrees, and the camera rotate command will only do fixed degrees.

6. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

Also, does this work for multiplayer games? I'm the admin/host, and somehow missed this when I was looking earlier.

7. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Are you using Ctrl+Left or Right? If so, try Shift+Left/Right instead.

Might be the otherway round though. My memory isn't brilliant.

8. Sephi

Sephi Deity

:goodjob: Wild Mana uses a modified Sevopedia Mod which is also included in BUG. Denev made a special version of the Sevopedia for FFH, might want to check that out. It is really amazing, but maybe not that easy to merge unless you know python very well.

9. dewell

dewell Warlord

Right now I don't ... so it will have to wait ;) Thanks for the answer :)

Another question: When you build a hunting lodge you can create hunters in that specific town, but as much as you want. Is it possible (without too much python work, best without python) to constrain the amount of specific units depending on the amount of specific building.

For example: You got 8 cities, 5 of them got a hunting lodge ... so you can build 5 hunter units in one city or 1 in every city with a lodge ... doesn't matter ;)

10. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

Both seem to move the camera by fixed amounts, so I unable to get the camera to remove its offset.

11. kcwong

kcwong Emperor

Kael said if you do that mana resources won't be distributed as intended. Better quit to main menu and re-enter your game settings.

12. Sephi

Sephi Deity

that was years ago ;). If the Regenerate Map Option is available to you, it will work flawless. I wrote the necessary code for this and Kael merged it several month ago.

It's a little bit of python in cantrain in Cvgameutils. In Wildmana the high tier units from the Noble Houses are restricted by number of Buildings, so you can check there how it works.

13. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

Okay, I'm a little slow. But I cannot find this option for the life of me. Could someone be more specific to this options location please? It's not on the first menu, whether I'm playing single player or multi player.

14. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The regenerate map button is found in the in-game menu:
    Spoiler regenerate map button displayed :
    The option disappears when you advance to the next turn. If you don't have that option available in the menu on the first turn of the game (turn 0) then you are probably using an older version of the mod. The option was added in 0.41h, and so older versions will not have this option available.

15. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

That's the version I'm using, and that option does not appear on turn 0 for either a multiplayer game nor a single player game.

16. Emptiness

Emptiness []

To confirm what version you are using, open the file "[path]\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Readme 041.rtf" (where [path] is the path to your install of Civ IV). The second line of text will state the version you have installed.

If you aren't using version 0.41n then download and apply Patch N. If you are using 0.41n then delete your "Fall from Heaven 2" folder and the installer you used to install the mod, download the latest FfH2 installer (which includes patch N), and reinstall the mod.

17. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

That fixed it, thanks. Very confusing that the mod updates without changing the date on the download page.

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

yep, that's the date it was first uplodaded. confusing :(

19. Cheese7

Cheese7 Chieftain

The modmods confuse me.
    Fall from heaven is a mod for civ. Then Fall further is added to FFH to make a mod mod. Then Rise from Erebus is added to FF to make a modmodmod. And then Fall under and the other stuffs can be added to RfE to make modmodmodmods? Am I right?
    Can RfE still be added onto FF? If not is it better to get RfE than FF?

20. Pickly

Pickly Prince

Fall Farther and RifE are now completely separate mods (You stick them in different folders than Fall From Heaven), which should make things a bit less confusing to install at least.