Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

All of the 'core' FfH modmods (Fall Further, Orbis, Rise from Erebus, Wild Mana, in order of age... and alphabet as well? Odd. :lol:) are standalone downloads; You do not need any other mod or modmod to run them.

You can download and install Rise from Erebus without FF, or even without FfH; Again, standalone.

I won't say it's better to get RifE (RifE, not RfE :p) than FF, but as it originated as an FF modmod, we contain most (not quite all, anymore) features of FF, and are actively developing, while FF is on hiatus.

2. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The question now is: Did MagisterCultuum first start talking about his mod after FF but before Orbis?

3. Valkrionn

Doesn't matter, Magister Modmod was not released until well after Wild Mana. And even then, by 'core' I meant just those with subforums (easiest definition, as otherwise you get people complaining about how this modmod has THIS many players, or how that modmod just changes one aspect of the game while this one adds all sorts of things, etc).

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I believe I started mentioning changes to my personal version before Xienwolf joined the forum, much less released a modmod. My first release of a version of MagisterModmod was quite a while ago. It used the Broader Alignments DLL, and I believe was released just before Xienwolf decided to incorporate broader Alignments into Fall Further. (On second thought, that might have been my second release, which came shortly after my first and was mostly just fix a couple bugs and to include improvements from one of Kael's patches.) So, yes, MagisterModmod did come between FF and Orbis, both chronologically and alphabetically. Broader Alignments did not come before FF though, as the alphabet would suggest.

I then went well over a year without another release, and started from stretch rather than just updating the old version.

Speaking of MagisterModmod updates, some of you might be interested in knowing that there was a new one released this morning.

5. Valkrionn

:goodjob: No offense meant at all, and I knew there was an older version... But it died, and did not come back for quite some time. Long enough to be different.

Again, main reason I left it off was the forum thing. A hard definition like that helps avoid a whole mess of worms. ;)

6. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

I post here not finding a better place.
    I'm annoyed with the 15 level unit to rescue Brigit. I think i managed to do it only playing
    with a charismatic Leader, but it's close to impossible to reach it with the normal trait.

Thus, i'd like to change the requirement down to 12, which is not easy to achieve in any case.

But i can't find the python or the XML. Can anyone help, please?

7. Valkrionn

In FfH/Assets/python, open CvEventManager, and search for IMPROVEMENT_RING_OF_CARCER.

Change the 'pPlot.setMinLevel(15)' line to whatever you want... In this case, pPlot.setMinLevel(12)

8. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

This community is just great!
    It works, thank you!

9. SKnight

SKnight Chieftain

Is there a mirror for the main game download? I have the patch and the media download, but I'm not able to get the main game download from the moddb.com site.

edit: I went to http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/18686/Fall+from+Heaven+II and downloaded version 0.41d. I assume I can just patch up to version "o" and be fine.

10. clearbeard

clearbeard King

version 0.41d is the latest "full install", so you should be fine with that, patch "o", and the media download, yes.

11. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

I read a long while back that you could reseed a map at the very beginning by issuing some command. If I recall correctly, it was given as a tip to Lanun player to save them time to find a map with a good starting location. I've had a hell of a time finding this, though. Any help?

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

map regeneration doesn't work in FFH so it's disabled, seems like you got some outdated tip :)

13. Sunn

Sunn Chieftain

That may be the case for the modmods, but Regeneration works in vanilla ffH.

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

you're right, it was reintroduced in Wild Mana and then ported back to FFH when the AI was merged I guess.

the option is accessible from the menu from which you can choose save, load, exit etc. , but only on turn 1.

15. Ricter

Ricter Chieftain

I have vanilla FFH. Does it not work in a MP game, even if I am host?

Also, I've been getting frequent (as in several turns in a row) Out of Sync errors when playing MP. I'm on the same version as my friend, and have had this issue before when we played. Any suggestions on how to fix it? So far, the only solution seems to be saving and loading the game.

16. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Tholal's Naval AI mod should have less OOS issues.

17. Grottenolm

Grottenolm Chieftain

Hello,

i saw recently that the "Fall from heaven" mod is finally done and wanted to play it with my gf. As i am unable to find my game from back than i want to order a new one. Now my questions are:
    A) Does Fall from heaven work with Civ 4 Ultimate? I saw it has a different copy protection.
    B) As i want to play with my Gf, Is the a hotseat mode? Or can i play on two PCs with one game in LAN?
    C) My PC doesn't have a DVD-Drive, so is it possible to install over LAN or from a USB-Stick (Using images, no-CD ...)?

Thanks, Olm

18. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved and merged Grottenolm's question. :)

Welcome to the forums. :wavey:

(I assume this is the right place...just report this post if it isn't... :hmm:)

19. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Welcome to FfH2, Olm. :)

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your first question, but yes, FfH2 can be played hotseat or via a LAN. To my knowledge, it is NOT possible to install Civ4 or Beyond the Sword without the CDs, although you could check if the game and the expansion are available via Steam. Once you have Beyond the Sword installed and patched, of course you can install FfH2 via the download and you're good to go, no CD required to play.

I wish you good luck with this, so you can share this awesome mod with your girlfriend. :)

20. Grottenolm

Grottenolm Chieftain

Thanks for movung the post and for reassirung me that local multiplayer is possible.

As my DVD arrived today i can answer my questions myself.
    A) Yes it does. Ultimate just has an additional folder for Colonization.
    B) Hotseat is already answerd. Multiplayer yet to be tested
    C) Yes its possible if there is another PC available. I used my old notebook to install Civ+addons then patch to 3.19 (remvoves copy protection) install FFH. Then i copied everything on an external HDD and guess what... Can run it from there. Just needed to install Dx9-33 (On Win 7 system). Probably need to copy it to the local HDD if its too slow, but the USB-3.0 HDD is fast enough. As this works just fine (and much faster than the original installation) i guess i'll skip the attempt to create images to a usb-installer.