• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[GS] Frigates now require 13 nitre?

Okay, so a 33% reduction, rather than 50%. That's definitely better, in my eyes.

I don't suppose there's any chance that Magnus' bonus is actually a 20% reduction, not 80%?

My gut says that Magnus will be for building units, not upgrading, and that the 50% reduction card for upgrading will be even more valuable in saving resources. Although if resources are counted when you first start building a unit, I could definitely see a strategy of queueing a couple units with Magnus in a city with discounted resources, and then swap in Victor before they actually finish.

My gut says that Magnus will be for building units, not upgrading, and that the 50% reduction card for upgrading will be even more valuable in saving resources. Although if resources are counted when you first start building a unit, I could definitely see a strategy of queueing a couple units with Magnus in a city with discounted resources, and then swap in Victor before they actually finish.

The discount card also works for resources required?

I don't suppose there's any chance that Magnus' bonus is actually a 20% reduction, not 80%?
Anything could change at this point, but it definitely says 80%.

Attachments

• jXLAJTz.png
    jXLAJTz.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 50
Anything could change at this point, but it definitely says 80%.
Maybe they just forgot to put in parenthesis and it should read:
Strategic resource costs for units are discounted (80%)

Maybe what it says in the UI and how it's coded differ too :lol:

This is the sort of thing that may get tweaked over the next couple of months. We've seen so little about how the new resource system works, that it's hard to tell.

A bonus that lets you make 5 times as much of something, though, sounds like an out-of-scale bonus compared to the other Governor abilities. Even Magnus' original chop bonus only gave you 2 times as much extra production from chopping.

That may very well be what they meant, but if so they need more beatings for their writing staff.

Which I would support in any case. Especially for the person who writes the loading screen dialogue. Anything that makes me unhappy to hear Sean Bean talk is a crime against Humanity.

Knights and other units that require Horses are not "later game units." We've seen in the tooltips that Knights now require Horses instead of Iron to build or upgrade, and that they cost the usual 3 Gold maintenance per turn, but they don't cost Horses to maintain. We haven't yet seen a unit that requires resources for maintenance, so I'm guessing that Tanks are probably the first of the late game units to require this.

One possible benefit of the livestream for a modern civ like Canada is that we might see some late-game units.
I actually hope that musketmen and bombards need 1 niter to attack (but not to defend) with full strength.

Top Bottom