Funniest Thing the Computer has Said?

Originally posted by Julio
I'm glad most of the Brits I know don't share your sense of humour.

Living in the UK I've got to admit most brits I know do.......:rolleyes:

Abe: "We think you're all hat and no cattle." :lol:

Mao, after beating me like a rug in the space race (which I was seriously happy just to witness!)--

"All your base are belong to us." :crazyeyes

Originally posted by Grendel
Mao, after beating me like a rug in the space race (which I was seriously happy just to witness!)--

:rotfl: I might let the computer get to space first just to see that!

Wow! Sounds like you have no chance t survive make your time ;)

lol, Mao really said that? :lol:

Well that's going to ensure that the game ages really well isn't it? It may be omnipresent on the net at the moment, but its star is on the wane and sooner or later it will be replaced by some other "in" phrase nicked from a badly-translated website. I severely doubt that Firaxis would have put something so stupid into the game and reckon that Grendel is having you on. I've heard that his mother has been casting envious glances at Stormerne's house. :)

Originally posted by duke o' york
Well that's going to ensure that the game ages really well isn't it? It may be omnipresent on the net at the moment, but its star is on the wane and sooner or later it will be replaced by some other "in" phrase nicked from a badly-translated website. I severely doubt that Firaxis would have put something so stupid into the game and reckon that Grendel is having you on. I've heard that his mother has been casting envious glances at Stormerne's house. :)

The only thing that matters is that the joke got in there (if it actually did). May ZeroWing live on!

Hey don't be offended. I didn't want to put your illustrious Humour and Jokes forum down at all. After all, where else in the civilised world would anyone let Simon Darkshade keep posting his hilarious snippets of British TV comedy? Thank the lord for H&J! :goodjob:
But it is a pretty dumb thing to put into Civ 3 though. I still say that Grendel is lying and will continue to do so until made to look a complete fool by the posting of some undoctored screenshots by a reliable person.:D

When I "retired" by mistake. Who made retire ^Q, and quit = Escape????????????????

"If you pratice some more, I might break a sweat".

The eight person on the history of the ... list are the "Forgotten".

"Montezume of the Aztecs has noticed your cute civilazation" :lol: :lol: :lol:

After demanding of Montezuma a tech "or else":

Monty: "We refuse. What are you going to do about it, Punk? Go ahead, make my day!"

I've paraphrased, but it was funny to imagine the Ancient Montezuma speaking like modern day Clint Eastwood. :)

I seem to recall seeing a screenshot somewhere. Someone was trying to trade technology with Shaka on a one-for-one basis, and Shaka's response was "Perhaps you would like my firstborn son as well?" :lol:

Originally posted by lkendter
When I "retired" by mistake. Who made retire ^Q, and quit = Escape????????????????

"If you pratice some more, I might break a sweat".

The eight person on the history of the ... list are the "Forgotten".

"Montezume of the Aztecs has noticed your cute civilazation" :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's "Cute LITTLE civlization." In any case, it cracked me up when I first saw it. :lol: And you guys MUST be kidding about that Zerowing thing... :eek: I'll have to see it for myself...

Hey!

I'm not lying! No joke; Mao really said the ZeroWing "all your base" thing. It was after the game said "you have suffered a humiliating defeat" and pulled up that screen where all the leaders insult you.

As far as screenshots go, well, um... I *ahem* don't have a very recent saved game for that one, so I don't think I'll ever be able to prove myself... :blush:

I would like to note that Mao didn't just beat me into space, but all my bases really did belong to him -- see my tale of woe for details.

Undoctored screenshots from reliable sources. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Can someone explain the joke to me, I DONT GET IT.

All your base belong to me???? SOrry Im missing it.

I take it, it is from a British TV show is this right??

If so can you explain it to me so I dont feel so stupid.

Originally posted by duke o' york

Umm, considering how old the game is, I'd say it's already aged well.

There's gotta be a hack for the comments..

Top Bottom