Funny Pictures Thread XV: No Penises, Ice Cream or Otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems unlikely, given that you are loading more stuff when someone uses multiple posts for multiple images.
Huh? Of course it shortens loading time!!

Let's take an example with the default settings:
20 posts per page * 1 pic per post = 20 pics per page
20 posts per page * 20 pics per post = 400 pics per page

But sure, 1 pic per post takes longer to load... :crazyeye:

Or if you want another way of explaining, if I take all the pics in a page and post them in one post of mine, my epic post would be just one of the 20 I would get on that page... so if everyone did that, the page would be unloadable.

I think it's also against forum rules... I remember a few people getting tellings off for 1 picture/post messages.

I don't think so at all. There were discussions about it, but EVERY TIME someone posted one pic a post and many in a row, they usually found some kind of archive or dump and the thread became more active than ever. It would be absolutely stupid to stop something that makes loading faster and brings more activity and visitors to the thread!

And on top of that, I'm fairly sure it's not forbidden as I have done it too and don't remember doing anything wrong or being warned by any figure of authority around here (and Abbadon too, AFAIK).

Spoiler :

I don't get it... :) who's Beyat?

Actually, the max number of pics you can put in a post is 30, so you could put 30 pics per post.

But usually, people don't get that much. For the majority of internet users, it doesn't take very long to load, oh, 20 pics. If you put them in seperate posts, it, in addition to loading 20 pics, has to load 20 posts.

Or if you want another way of explaining, if I take all the pics in a page and post them in one post of mine, my epic post would be just one of the 20 I would get on that page... so if everyone did that, the page would be unloadable.

Sure, if there really was a page with 600 pics. But people post non-pic posts, people frequently only have a few pics, and it's rare that we'll find such an epic stream of posts.

And on top of that, I'm fairly sure it's not forbidden as I have done it too and don't remember doing anything wrong or being warned by any figure of authority around here (and Abbadon too, AFAIK).

Abbadon got in trouble for it, although, granted, he had the intent of raising his postcount to 20,000, and this was just a cheap way of doing so.

I don't get it... :) who's Beyat?

That's Bert from Sesame Street.

Having to scroll through 50 or 60 pictures that you've already seen, just to see the latest picture, is incredibly annoying. It's far more annoying that someone posting 1 pic/post. In fact, I don't find ppl posting 1 pic/post annoying in the slightest, and I can't imagine why that would possibly annoy someone.

great pics holy king..! ;)

I went to hi school with that girl, I remember when that pic got out to. She got into all kinds of trouble with the administration, but her friends and family and stuff didn't care, but it was a bunch of BS because there was another girl, who did a way worse picture, and she didn't get in trouble, but all of her friends stopped hanging out with her, so I guess it kinda worked out. But to make a long story short, it was pretty much a race thing, Mexican girl does it=bad, white girl does it=its fine.

I went to hi school with that girl, I remember when that pic got out to. She got into all kinds of trouble with the administration, but her friends and family and stuff didn't care, but it was a bunch of BS because there was another girl, who did a way worse picture, and she didn't get in trouble, but all of her friends stopped hanging out with her, so I guess it kinda worked out. But to make a long story short, it was pretty much a race thing, Mexican girl does it=bad, white girl does it=its fine.

She can do it again as far as I'm concerend. A 180 degree rotation wouldn't go amiss, too. :drool:

Having to scroll through 50 or 60 pictures that you've already seen, just to see the latest picture, is incredibly annoying. It's far more annoying that someone posting 1 pic/post. In fact, I don't find ppl posting 1 pic/post annoying in the slightest, and I can't imagine why that would possibly annoy someone.

It's called the "Go to first unread post" button. Use it. :p

She can do it again as far as I'm concerend. A 180 degree rotation wouldn't go amiss, too. :drool:

Lets just say she looks way better in that picture then in reality......

It still has to load and scroll through 50 or 60 pictures... It will only go to the 1st unread post after loading EVERYTHING on the page. And if someone's got a broken link, it'll take even longer.

Actually, the max number of pics you can put in a post is 30, so you could put 30 pics per post.
Okay, I know that. That's not an argument though in any way I can think of.

But usually, people don't get that much. For the majority of internet users, it doesn't take very long to load, oh, 20 pics. If you put them in seperate posts, it, in addition to loading 20 pics, has to load 20 posts.
:crazyeye: Again, if you have your settings on default, on any given page of the forum you'll have to load 20 posts! Isn't it obvious that if there are less pics in a page, as a result of people posting multiple posts with one pic rather than less posts with more pics, you'll STILL have to load the standard 20 posts, only that there will be MORE images, which would make it much, much harder to load?

Sure, if there really was a page with 600 pics. But people post non-pic posts, people frequently only have a few pics, and it's rare that we'll find such an epic stream of posts.
1) my example was obviously just a way to prove a point, not something that I've seen with my own eyes
2) just because it's not common doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. To use analogies again, people rarely get shot with an AK-47, but just because "it's rare" doesn't mean we shouldn't forbid people to walk around with AK-47 in primary schools, right? Again, if something is less common and you have a measure a prudence you can take (in this case, posting 1 photo a pic), there's no reason at all to discourage the thing which can only be an advantage, should those rather rare circumstances arise.

:lol: Ah!! Too bad I can read Cyrillic! What they wrote there as a Cyrillicised version of his name would actually read "beyat" in Cyrillic. It didn't occur to me to read it as if it was written in the Latin alphabet, seeing letters 1 and 3. :rotfl:

That's exactly the point!! When someone makes a monster pic you have to scroll A LOT from the beginning of the post, since there's no way the page will take you to the part of the post where you want. While with 1 pic per post, it's much easier to do this, exactly because there is such a button.

Hanging up.

Attachments

• yea%20its%20a%20woman3.jpg
    yea%20its%20a%20woman3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 189
  • oops4.jpg
    oops4.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 271

If you want to look at all the pictures poster X is posting (a reasonable assumption when you're viewing a Funny Pictures thread), it's gonna involve more a trivial amount more loading if he splits them up in 10 posts than if he posts them in one, as you're loading his avatar/sig several times.

Connection speed is a moot point, as a low one can be compensated by turning off image autoloading and/or setting posts to 5/page and/or not actually viewing a thread full of images in the first place.

I don't think so at all. There were discussions about it, but EVERY TIME someone posted one pic a post and many in a row, they usually found some kind of archive or dump and the thread became more active than ever. It would be absolutely stupid to stop something that makes loading faster and brings more activity and visitors to the thread!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7426378&postcount=12

Lets just say she looks way better in that picture then in reality......

yea.. won't see her in reality and no need, but still if she looks good in a photo: it's good for me. :smug:

Less arguing more pics

This one's great for forums! :lol:

Not getting the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom