Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only good thing I see about that start is all the forests. You got four crappy seafoods which will take a detour to fishing and like 120 hammers worth of units to improve, and don't provide much food anyways, and two mediocre tiles that have to wait until calendar to improve.

Unless I missed the joke and it's so bad that it's funny?

Real question: why AH first?

well for a novice like me it looks amazing.. and the seafood's making slavery more fun. Okay fine I'm NOT the best.. or even all that good. so... yeah :p

I hoped I horses and forgot I didn't start with fishing :lol: and I suck at civ, esp. compared to you guys

I don't judge you.
Elitists judge you.
I only judge CivNoobie because he's CivNoobie.

I have two problems when it comes to civ: I don't always pay enough attention and I like roleplaying too much.. maybe the latter is why I like FFH and RifE so much..

It's just knowing all the little tricks and getting a feel for the game. :) Of course, the most important part is having fun, and if role playing is your thing, then have at it.

Interesting.
ALT-S signs to note when you first met AI leaders.
What purpose?
Knowing the begging frequency?

Haha, I wish I was that good with mechanics. No, I'm used to playing Pangaea or Balanced mapscripts where it is easy to lose track of wear the AIs are. It's also helpful for knowing which areas are going to be contested (hence why Thessalonica is where it is). Of course, having just three other civs on my island all fairly close.

Credit where credit is due, it's a trick I learned from the guys at the ISDG. :hatsoff:

well for a novice like me it looks amazing.. and the seafood's making slavery more fun. Okay fine I'm NOT the best.. or even all that good. so... yeah :p

I hoped I horses and forgot I didn't start with fishing :lol: and I suck at civ, esp. compared to you guys

Hmnn, shows what I know. I thought that start looked pretty awesome to me. Was kind of interesting to see what the elite players apparently thought of it. Guess that's why I don't play deity.

Crap, my bad. Mis-type. Fixed.

It's just knowing all the little tricks and getting a feel for the game. :) Of course, the most important part is having fun, and if role playing is your thing, then have at it.

Haha, I wish I was that good with mechanics. No, I'm used to playing Pangaea or Balanced mapscripts where it is easy to lose track of wear the AIs are. It's also helpful for knowing which areas are going to be contested (hence why Thessalonica is where it is). Of course, having just three other civs on my island all fairly close.

Credit where credit is due, it's a trick I learned from the guys at the ISDG. :hatsoff:

If you want to know:
Your first beg can be larger than your next ones because the size of a beg depends of the # of turns since met. And the first beg often comes with Currency and the gap between the meeting and Currency is large. Not to mention the first beg has a bonus compared to the later ones. The successive begs should be asked in intervals of 25 turns. Not a hard number, but the most efficient in the limit of RNG. Never make multiple begs because it screws you future begs for the whole game.

Elitist? Why is everyone calling me elitist? Hell, I don't even play deity! :crazyeye:

Playing deity is not by all means the sole caracteristic of being an elitist. Albeit I have seen some non deity players claiming being deity players while only winning a handful of deity games.

I wasn't targeting anybody in particular, but a trend I view in some places. I've grown hostile to this trend while I was friendly at first. :crazyeye:

now ive played enough to know that if the great engineer cannot pick currency or meta casting he will do this -but it always strikes me as funny as i cant construct an alphabet yet

Attachments

• machinary.jpg
    machinary.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 275
now ive played enough to know that if the great engineer cannot pick currency or meta casting he will do this -but it always strikes me as funny as i cant construct an alphabet yet

Obviously the knowledge is passed down through IKEA-ish manuals.

Spoiler :

On topic...

Oh, so you don't like Boud- wait, what?!?

Shouldn't you feel, well ehh... threatened?
(It's from Rhye's and Fall: Europe btw)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0030.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0030.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 283
Hey guys.. remember when I said I roleplay a bit much with civ.. well.. I saw that one unowned square and felt the need to make a 'Hong Kong' city...
Spoiler :

Hey guys.. remember when I said I roleplay a bit much with civ.. well.. I saw that one unowned square and felt the need to make a 'Hong Kong' city...
Spoiler :

Technically that would be a "Macao" city.... :lol:

(It's weird... this is my first post since... two months ago.... :crazyeye:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom