Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think he did that himself too :D Although Edward Snowden do qualifies fot the "Internationl Man of Mystery" title - 100% ;)

This is what's wrong with failgold.

Spoiler :

Built the Statue of Zeus (SoZ) to within one turn of completion in Aachen, to within one turn of completion in Sparta (then built the Heroic Epic in Sparta), then started to build it in Athens (to about half-way) before getting distracted and switching to a wonder I might actually want for its own sake. Then much later, Monty (that magnificent b*stard), about the fifth AI I sold/traded Aesthetics to, decides to complete it for me.

Who says the SoZ is worthless?

This is what's wrong with failgold.

Spoiler :

Built the Statue of Zeus (SoZ) to within one turn of completion in Aachen, to within one turn of completion in Sparta (then built the Heroic Epic in Sparta), then started to build it in Athens (to about half-way) before getting distracted and switching to a wonder I might actually want for its own sake. Then much later, Monty (that magnificent b*stard), about the fifth AI I sold/traded Aesthetics to, decides to complete it for me.

Who says the SoZ is worthless?

This is why I like IND very much.

This is why I like IND very much.
I was playing Pericles of Greece, who is philosophical and creative. I did start with jumbos in Athens' BFC. Normally one doesn't bother with monuments when creative (SoZ has a prerequisite of 4 (at least on huge maps)), but I had a collapsing economy before Alphabet and didn't want to produce any more units (maintenance), and the only thing left in to queue up in a few cities were monuments. By the time Monty completed the SoZ, I had pretty much pulled myself out of the financial hole I was in. The gobs of cash were just icing on the cake. To celebrate, Du Fu (bio) started a golden age.

^I know Pericles is CRE/PHI :lol:

Just saying that failgold is one of the reasons I like IND. Even without a resource boost, failgolding any wonder is still worth it with IND.

Still, its amazing you got that sums of cash from SoZ. Having no wonderwhores in that map helped in a way.

Just delayed the cashing out. I also managed to cash out on the Shwedagon Paya, as I had gold from my cities #s 3 & 4. But not as impressive; built to within one turn in Sparta; Aachen was attempting to actually build it (I wanted to run early FR) but only got to within 8 turns before someone else built it. I also had marble in Athens' BFC, and managed to build the Parthenon (only the one time--I really wanted it). No stone though, so no Mids. I did manage to build ToA; that one's usually gone before I can even consider building it. Probably should have used it for failgold instead. :lol: I did loose out on MoM to Cyrus; I eventually took it from him, but after Du Fu's golden age. Fun romp for my first successful Emperor game.

Hahahaha!

Eternal happiness, or beer?

What kind of beer?

Wang Kon does look a bit tanked to be fair. Look at that attire and hat ffs :D

I can imagine his friends keeling over with laughter while taking pictures of him from the corner of the room.

Hahahaha!

Eternal happiness, or beer?

What kind of beer?

What, doesn't the beer give me eternal happiness as long as I have an infinite amount of it?

Well, this isn't Civ 5, so one source of beer will be enough for me and my entire nation forever.

I just need to make sure I have that source, or am constantly trading for that source.

Now I feel lonely. :(

Edit:

At least that worked. Now on to ignore myself...

:lol:

Poland cannot into arable land. :mad:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 553
Looks like RI, new 3.2 version

Looks like RI, new 3.2 version

Nope. I don't think so because there should be more units in the worldbuilder option to add units. I was thinking more in terms of RAND RFC because I think Farsight is one of those RFC fans. And I have no idea what is RAND, just I guess it means random and it's a random form or earth. Just sighted RAND at one moment and I have a good visual mem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom