[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, like many of you wasn’t expecting this. But it is exciting, more than just a patch. For some reason this gives me a feeling that the a third expansion is less likely now, but we’ll have to see what this really is. I’m guessing we get an announcement tomorrow or Monday and a livestream on Tuesday and release on Thursday? Or maybe we’ll wait another week for the release. Again, exciting!

Oh...

I'm part excited to see what this is and part underwhelmed that it may mean no XP3.

But still... content! Yay! Finally!

I return, and not a week later there's activity for the first time since... *checks date thread started* September? Not bad.

The naming for the Red Death achievements were in the format:

ROYALE_ACHIEVEMENT_01
ROYALE_ACHIEVEMENT_05

---

Word of Caution: Seems like Gathering Storm achievements were worded VSV_ACHIEVEMENT.

VSV for Vesuvius, I assume. So trying to unscramble what STK means might be harder than looking for the initials.

However, R&F was... RAF_ACHIEVEMENT.
---

But that T in the middle is really asking to be a 'To' or 'The'.

Edit: Expanding a bit.

R&F: RAF_ACHIEVEMENT
GS: VSV_ACHIEVEMENT

Vanilla: NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_2_0 to NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_5_3
DLC: DLC1_ACHIEVEMENT_01 to DLC6_ACHIEVEMENT_10

Current: STK1_STATS_ACHIEVEMENT_04_0

So the naming is actually in a similar format to vanilla and the dlc.

Last edited:
The 'statistics achievement' thing is throwing me off. Could these just be test achievements - so might be removed before we see anything substantial? I was wondering if the ST of STK might stand for 'statistics test' but then I don't know what the K would be.

:lol:

Nah, you've got it all wrong.

It's Civilization VI: Stakes. They're finally adding Vlad Țepeș of Romania!

Stonks implies an economic victory. You win if you crash the economy by building too many neighbourhoods.
---

The 'statistics achievement' thing is throwing me off. Could these just be test achievements - so might be removed before we see anything substantial? I was wondering if the ST of STK might stand for 'statistics test' but then I don't know what the K would be.

The Stats bit to me makes it sound like it might just be a new type and bundle of achievements for the base game. Seriously hope not. :lol:

Edit: There's also a "stat_1 test", at the top. So this bundle of achievements would be part of stat_1?

Not sure what to make of that.

Could STATS just be a placeholder, a testing name so that it doesn't get mixed with the rest? STATS is the tab where all achievements go on steamdb. So it might not mean anything. Once they're ready, they'd replace it with STK_ACHIEVEMENT_[...], for instance.

Were there ever any VSV_STATS_ACHIEVEMENT names in there?
---

Given the complexity of the name, which makes it look like it's a large pack of achievements, and the three letter acronym, this actually makes it sound like achievements for a third large DLC, probably an expansion.

Edit 2: Buuuuut it's STK1. Like DLC1...

I'm making no progress here!!

Last edited:
When were first sign's of expansion 1 and 2 ... were they before announcment or after ...

Plot Twist: It's Software ToolKit and they are just for testing. Evil intesifies.

Alternative Plot Twist: STeampunK scenario is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom