[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am holding all of my fingers for that scenario. Haven't play Civ for month and I would have some 10 days free in second half this month. But as I remember there were patch announcments almost month before patch release.

I think that couple of instances were unintentional. Likely they thought they were ready for a patch release with verbal authorization from 2K and QA suddenly found a last minute issue that brought everything to a screeching halt.

I am holding all of my fingers for that scenario. Haven't play Civ for month and I would have some 10 days free in second half this month. But as I remember there were patch announcments almost month before patch release.

Steam db activity for the patch seems to have halted, and in the case of the delayed patch you're referring to, there weren't achievements. In every case so far, achievements have signaled that release is imminent.

Wasn't the long patch delay because of a cross-platform multi-player bug that they found at the last minute?

Every other time, it's basically been announcement and then patch a few days later.

I know what will happen if i get all excited about a big new patch coming next thursday.
It probably will get delayed by three weeks or so like so many times before without any feedback till last moment.
Best to stay calm and forget civ 6 existed till it actually launches.
I am excited about what is in the patch do. Right after this moment i’ll go back into hybernation mode again.

Why are we so sure it's an imminent release? Might be something that won't be announced until later, no?
Possibly, but as has been said, achievements usually don't appear until right before something comes out.

Then again, these are so different from other achievements that it's hard to be sure.

So we have two or three days with nothing better to do but speculate about what STK means.

Best guess so far:
- Save the King scenario by Gedemo.

Any other actual guesses?
Mine is solid, hater. ;)

Mine is solid, hater. ;)
I like yours, because you're suggesting actual new Civs instead of a scenario/new game mode which I'd have very little interest in.

Mine is solid, hater. ;)

S for Scenarios is fine, and K for Kingdoms is acceptable, but I'm really not sold on Terrains :p.

The idea itself is reasonable, but I'm talking about the literal meaning of STK. We need to figure that one out. We've got over 72 hours.

Jepetto's are also reasonable. It could be Steampunk. He also mentioned Software Tool Kit. Maybe it's the Advanced Map Builder? Only Tool Kit that would make sense to have achievements.
---

Possible formats:

- A single word, like "Vesuvius"
- Three words, like "Scenario, Terrains and Kingdoms" , "Vikings, Traders and Raiders" or "Software Tool Kit"
- Two words separated by To or The. E.g. "Path to Nirvana", "Call to Power" or "Beyond the Sword"
- Two words, but extra emphasis on one.

I think that's it.

So we have two or three days with nothing better to do but speculate about what STK means.

Best guess so far:
- Save the King scenario by Gedemo.

Any other actual guesses?
Surely it's Time to release the source Kode

but that maybe wishful thinking :think:

Surely it's Time to release the source Kode

but that maybe wishful thinking :think:
You win 'Wish Fulfilment Shoehorn of the Day'! Your prize is to be disappointed next week.

S for Scenarios is fine, and K for Kingdoms is acceptable, but I'm really not sold on Terrains :p.

The idea itself is reasonable, but I'm talking about the literal meaning of STK. We need to figure that one out. We've got over 72 hours.

Jepetto's are also reasonable. . He also mentioned Software Tool Kit. Maybe it's the Advanced Map Builder? Only Tool Kit that would make sense to have achievements.
---

I think that's it.
I not only liked this, but find this the most appealing to me short of an expansion.

Oh. and here's some extra juicy FACTS.

Every DLC since Australia had 10 achievements. DLC3, DLC4, DLC5 and DLC6 all show up as having 10 achievements on steam. Only DLC1 (Vikings Scenario) and DLC2 (Poland) have less.

Black Death had only 5.

STK also has 10.
---

Furthermore, it's STK1.

Could this be a new line of DLCs like Duuk suggested?

I argued before they might give us more Leaders without new Civs. (I think pokiehl pointed out that's unlikely but I don't remember why).

Last edited:
Come on guys. STK. It's obviously meant to say steak, and we are getting an independent Texas civ (we already have Australia and Japan).

Furthermore, it's Steak #1, which is simply Firaxis continuing to hold an American, we're the best world view.

Not much of a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom