[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the streamer build has been converted into 2kqa_c, which had been eliminated before GS.

Still no movement on Runner.
Maybe its a parallel build? Most of the changes are in the base game depot, but the amount of activity is very high.

They also removed the social media link to their youtube page for some reason. The link in question is unlikely to see much clicking, since it's in a kind of remote location in the store page, so I don't know why they would bother changing it.

Did they ever change these links in the past with ones linking directly to the announcement trailers of R&F or GS?

Edit: This is where the youtube link should appear. Why would they bother removing it?

Last edited:
They did that at 06:20 am UTC the 29 of February. A Saturday...
So indeed a random and strange move to remove Youtube URL.

Edit: Whoops. Missed a "small" thing. Text corrected.

My speculation: the 2kqa_c update is for an upcoming patch for the base game; the smoke build will soon include runner and will be for new paid content. (Although IIRC, 2kqa_c was used to test GS before it was announced.)

But who knows. They're working on something, no way to know what.

We can smell the smoke from the fire in the wood burning stove, but we don't know what they're going to cook.

My speculation: the 2kqa_c update is for an upcoming patch for the base game; the smoke build will soon include runner and will be for new paid content. (Although IIRC, 2kqa_c was used to test GS before it was announced.)

But who knows. They're working on something, no way to know what.
We do know that Runner will have payment methods which hopefully rules out the "just and update" theory.

Better tools in the next version. You mean in civ7? I think, already civ6 will show: if we don't receive the sources for that, they repent the heroic deed of Soren Johnson and the repetition for civ5 in troubled waters ...
Yes, civ7, 2 possibilities from my position if it's (edit: the DLL source) not coming soon:
  • They finally release the source code for civ6 at the end of its development, and I'll hope for better tools, sooner for civ7 (supposing they wont start from scratch on the civ7 engine, while they said they did on the civ6 engine), considering that I won't be able to finish my TC before it's announced (estimating 2 years for my mod).
  • They don't release the source code for civ6, and, unless civ7 is this time developed by someone who really want to have total conversions made for the game and promise to match civ4 moddability from the start, I'll just say "ok, thx, bye" and have a closer look at Unity.

Last edited:
So Gathering Storm was announced about 2.5 months before release. Was there activity on Steam during that time? If there wasn’t then maybe they plan on releasing some DLC instead of an expansion this time around. It wouldn’t surprise me since this was ported to mobile devices.

So Gathering Storm was announced about 2.5 months before release. Was there activity on Steam during that time? If there wasn’t then maybe they plan on releasing some DLC instead of an expansion this time around. It wouldn’t surprise me since this was ported to mobile devices.

What does the porting of Civ VI to other platforms have to do with individual DLC vs an expansion?

For those posting that the game must get more civilisations, e.g. Portugal, Argentina, Armenia, Savoy, Kröver Reich (look it up), etc., be reminded that there is a slew of extra civs and leaders available on the Steam Workshop. Maybe not Kröver Reich.

They finally release the source code for civ6 at the end of its development, and I'll hope for better tools, sooner for civ7 (supposing they wont start from scratch on the civ7 engine, while they said they did on the civ6 engine),

I hope they start from scratch on civ7. Based on my observations of the issue that happen with each release they don't have automated testing. They may not have to start from scratch for that but AT needs to be in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom