[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"compatibility"? Maybe they moving to stage to start syncing all platforms?

It was last updated on 7 November 2018 and the Nintendo Switch version came out on 16 November 2018, but I don't think the DLC Civs were available for Switch at release (were they?). The compat depot numbers seem to relate to all the six DLC.

Besides, would stuff related to Switch or other platforms even appear on steamdb?

---

I have no idea what any of this means, but do you think all these letters smokea/b/c 2kqa/b/c/d point to something substantial?

Last edited:
Where you see red and - signs, it's depot manifests being removed. Compat (presumably Compatibility) was changed into 2kqa_d.

It was last updated on 7 November 2018 and the Nintendo Switch version came out on 16 November 2018, but I don't think the DLC Civs were available for Switch at release (were they?). The compat depot numbers seem to relate to all the six DLC.

Can’t speak for the Switch, but all expansions were directly available at launch for Xbox & PS4 late 2019 :)

To maybe get back on topic then,
What does the "Runner (whatever number it was in bars) depot" mean on the Steamdb? It says in the box next to it "unused DLC". So it its seems more likely to be a new DLC of what size we don't know.

Runner depot is connected to an unnamed DLC. It's been there for 3+ weeks now. We're watching it closely.

They just posted another sale on Facebook stating that the platinum edition is a "complete the set bundle". To me this indicates Civ 6 is done for. I bet whatever is being worked on is a spin-off and/or balance patch.

They just posted another sale on Facebook stating that the platinum edition is a "complete the set bundle". To me this indicates Civ 6 is done for. I bet whatever is being worked on is a spin-off and/or balance patch.

So by complete the set they mean if you have one or more of the products contained in the bundle, you will get an extra discount for the rest of the bundle depending on the items you already own.

"In addition to the sale, we’re happy to share that the Civilization VI: Platinum Edition, which includes ALL Civilization VI content, is now a “Complete the Set” Bundle. This means that if you own any of the content included in the Platinum Edition, purchasing this bundle will allow you to complete your set and pay only for the products you don’t already own while still receiving the full bundle discount on each of the individual products contained within. This has been a requested feature from the community and today we’re happy to deliver."

Nah, it is just another attempt to get everybody updated to the have everything that's out until now so the next dlc/expansion can build upon that.

it would be a great time for Firaxis to release a balance/bug patch to light my fire to play hours upon hours of Civ.

Or even better, release the upcoming dlc. It would be good timing since many people are indoors. Too bad it's probably not ready yet.

so...the optimist in me is clinging on to the idea, that if we have all expansions and dlc, we would only pay for whatever they release with the "complete edition" (IF they are releasing any last content).
The pessimist in me would absolutely hate to see a civ VI with no Mayans or Byzantines in it

Those 2kqa-s confuse me. I'd read from it that Runner is next expansion while there may also be four additional DLCs or free features, but they are not marked as DLC.

I think I'm going to lean now by uneducated guess more towards Runner being depot testing deployment of finished expansion or DLCs and the individual 2kqa-s either testing multiple features or DLCs parallelly, or them expanding QA team to cover more work faster when testing independent features. Four major features per exp pack, provided they are isolated enough, could be tested this way faster, If by QA it's meant the 'feel of usage' and/or interface accessibility/clarity.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I would find it highly likely that smokeX is related to 2kqa_X in that QA is testing its quality of use and smoke testing its strength, as 2kqa_AB didn't recieve update in months, as If finished and there's smokeAB. Now we have 2kqa_CD and I would expect smokeCD soon. However I am not sure If smoke testing would be required on integrated features, maybe it points more to DLCs following.

EDIT2: smoke could then be related to Runner as exp pack

Last edited:
I read it differently - if they were done, they'd say something like "complete the game bundle" and/or call it the Complete Edition. The word "set" is deliberately vague, IMO. I think they want to leave room for more paid content in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom