[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not going to get my wish from 2K and Firaxis, they seem so invested in not communicating effectively

Yeah, they feel like those "friends" who never talk to you except when they want to get you in a multilevel marketing scheme. Once they are ready to sell us something they will be extremely friendly and communicative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope whatever is coming is worth the wait.

My guess is DLC or Expansion, plus a patch. I’d also guess that the DLC or Expansion is locked in and it’s only the patch that they’re really working on now.

The 10 achievements are a mystery to me. Best case scenario is we’re getting an Expansion, and the Patch is also really chunky and has free content eg a Scenario (ie the 10 achievements relate to the Patch / Scenario, and the Expansion will have its own Achievements to be added later). Worst case scenario, we’re getting a modest DLC or just leader pack (which is what the achievements relate to) and a more modest Patch.

Covid-19 may have an impact on timing. It may be causing issues with FXS’s team with people WFH etc. It might also mean FXS delay release, given the virus is causing public events to be closed (including gaming events) and people may take a hit to their disposable incomes etc., all of which impacts consumer confidence and willingness to spend money on games. But there are plenty of other things that could impact timing that are much less sensational, e.g. alignment between PC, Mac, IOS and consoles, parallel game projects. All that stuff.

Anyway. I think getting basically a leader pack after all this waiting would be very disappointing. Hopefully we get an actual Third Expansion. Either way, and as I’ve already said, I hope the wait is worth it.

Last edited:
Someone wrote how the codename Runner could refer to 3rd expansion cover art being a statue of runner, like how there has been Atlas in vanilla and the thinker in Rise & Fall.

I have been speculating in my mind that 3rd expansion might bring a new great people type: Great athletes generated from Entertainment districts.
There could be olympics in ancient times and modern ones later.

This could tie in nicely to other big features, like how winning olympics could strenghten ones Ideology, for example.

Someone wrote how the codename Runner could refer to 3rd expansion cover art being a statue of runner, like how there has been Atlas in vanilla and the thinker in Rise & Fall.

I have been speculating in my mind that 3rd expansion might bring a new great people type: Great athletes generated from Entertainment districts.

This could tie in nicely to other big features, like how winning olympics could strenghten ones Ideology, for example.
Great athletes would be an amazing addition. There are many from history to choose from. Ancient Wrestlers, boxers, gladiators...

The cover art was my suggestion! :king:

But it was Discus in R+F. Thinker was for one of the big patches for Vanilla for some reason.

As someone who does not have the same time to check on this anymore thanks to work, a big thanks to all those for the regular Steam updates

Yeah, that's not "The Thinker" though : P

Unless Rodin made a version where The Thinker is holding a disc, I think Rise and Fall was meant to depict the Discobolus of Myron. So your great Athlete theory would also work with the RF statue on the cover, since that one is highly athletic : D

This waiting around for news is definitely a Marathon not a sprint.

Too bad GS didn't stick with the same aesthetic

They could have used a statue of Hephaestus or Vulcan to keep it going. Or even Zeus for a storm theme although that would have been weird without also adding the 7th World Wonder.

This waiting around for news is definitely a Marathon not a sprint.

They could have used a statue of Hephaestus or Vulcan to keep it going. Or even Zeus for a storm theme although that would have been weird without also adding the 7th World Wonder.

Or move away from Greece and taken a different mythology. Vulcan would have been cool though.

that would be pretty cool. would definitely make those districts more interesting.

Yeah, not that I mind new ideas but I don't think they would fit. There might be too many GP types as it is.

I honestly would prefer Great Theologians and Great Entertainers instead of Great Athletes

Theologians would focus on boosting Religious Districts/Religion and Religious Spread in general

And Entertainers would focus on boosting the Cultural Game of the civ to go hand-in hand with great works.

i think there are enough great people types already , on the other hand we could always use more resolutions for the world congress. and please if you are looking at it rework how the resolutions are selected or make sure at least one of them offered is more meaningful than +5 attack to melee units

Great athletes would be too limited to a certain age and culture. They make no sense in the context of medieval Europe, Islamic world, India, really anything other than ancient Greece, 20th century and maybe few other cultures.

I also dislike the inclusion of sport for thematic reason - this is ultimately too minor aspect to matters in grand historical scale of civilizations and empires. I've come to the same conclusion with tourism, tbh, it only started mattering to global economy in late 20th century. Tourism is also goddamn stupid way to measure cultural power of civilizations over centures

Great athletes would be too limited to a certain age and culture. They make no sense in the context of medieval Europe, Islamic world, India, really anything other than ancient Greece, 20th century and maybe few other cultures.

I also dislike the inclusion of sport for thematic reason - this is ultimately too minor aspect to matters in grand historical scale of civilizations and empires. I've come to the same conclusion with tourism, tbh, it only started mattering to global econony in late 20th century.

In middle ages there would be sense of having like great warriors or something like than ... Gladiators were basicaly great athletes of ancient time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom