[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In middle ages there would be sense of having like great warriors or something like than ... Gladiators were basicaly great athletes of ancient time

And their influence on grand civilization matters was laughably small when compared with great intellectuals or generals.

Not really feeling the addition of Great Athletes either. Great People feel bloated right now already. The only thing I'd like is for something to do with Great Prophet Points after founding a religion.

I also dislike the inclusion of sport for thematic reason - this is ultimately too minor aspect to matters in grand historical scale of civilizations and empires. I've come to the same conclusion with tourism, tbh, it only started mattering to global economy in late 20th century. Tourism is also goddamn stupid way to measure cultural power of civilizations over centures

I completely disagree with this. Tourism and Sports are quintessential phenomenons of our age and makes perfect sense to be in a civilisation game.

The game already reflects the boost in Tourism in the late game. I'm sure the system could be improved, though I don't see it as a priority.

Then there's Pilgrimage, which has existed for centuries. It does sound a bit silly to call it tourism, but making it a separate mechanic is probably not a good idea.

I'd be on board with calling them Great Entertainers which could include athletes and other types of entertainers such as P.T. Barnum etc.

I actually *made* a Great Athlete mod.

It gave GA points for having entertainment districts, etc.

It had athletes from all over the world and throughout history, including the Islamic world, Africa, and Asia. I started with the guy who ran the Marathon, included Shah Shapoor II as a rep for Polo, and such modern figures as Eric Liddell and Muhammad Ali.

In early eras, great athletes give special promotions to war units (because early athletes were mostly about feats of war, let's be honest.)
In mid-game they tended to provide amenities to the people (since they promoted the playing of sports.)
In late-game they buffed Neighborhoods and gave gold and loyalty bonuses.

Sadly I never ended up fixing all the bugs in the mod in order to release it.

Also sorry for offtopics.

Well, the Boston Marathon has been postponed to September 14th.

Maybe Firaxis had incredible foresight knowing that this would be delayed.... :(

Seriously -- right now, given everything going on, I'm giving up hope of any type of regular update. I'm going to assume this is the final final version of Civ 6 and going to play it accordingly. Otherwise said, I'm going to stop waiting for a patch to start a new game and just use the current environment to get in a new game.

I still think Great Philosophers would be cool, though what value they would add to the game, I have no idea...

Actually, this is a little OT, but it seems Civ VI doesn't have a heck of a lot of Great Musicians when compared to Civ V, oddly enough.

Well, the Boston Marathon has been postponed to September 14th.

Maybe Firaxis had incredible foresight knowing that this would be delayed.... :(

Seriously -- right now, given everything going on, I'm giving up hope of any type of regular update. I'm going to assume this is the final final version of Civ 6 and going to play it accordingly. Otherwise said, I'm going to stop waiting for a patch to start a new game and just use the current environment to get in a new game.

Haha, I was going to say something similar!

Looks indeed like BE2 (or squeal to Beyond Earth, at least)!
So what are they cooking together over at Steam Civ6? A future era part II with possible porting of save game into BE2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom