[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last thing I'd like to see make it into Civ6 before the book's closed is an Economic Victory, and possibly corporations. I'm all about asymmetry in 4x games, so various victory conditions naturally appeals to me. I'm not sure how they could implement such a feature without it being a "accumulate piles of gold to win" scenario, but I'm sure they could come up with something interesting.
The only thing I could think of is spreading your corporation to all other Civs and control a monopoly on a particular type of corporation, but that does sound close to the religious victory.
Maybe to differentiate it you could get traders involved and send trade routes to a city in order for one of your franchises to go to there. If there happens to be a competing corporation you could eventually buy them out if you become more successful maybe by better trade yields.

By the way, I REALLY want to see the Castle district in the main game. Minus the mass grave of course. There could be plenty of cool upgrades: keep, dungeon, garrison, armory, gatehouse, whatever.

That castle is just too cool to leave out.

By the way, I REALLY want to see the Castle district in the main game. Minus the mass grave of course. There could be plenty of cool upgrades: keep, dungeon, garrison, armory, gatehouse, whatever.

If could be a super high defence district that you have to take to take the city but also super expensive

If could be a super high defence district that you have to take to take the city but also super expensive

Something you have to build... strategically... at your most valuable locations. Places that need protecting. Maybe that nice little gap in the mountain range.

I like it too. I'm not sure it has a place in the game, but if I were to brainstorm a role for it to fill I would make it a defensive district that must be built adjacent to city center. Then I'd move Ancient, Medieval, and Renaissance Walls to the Castle district and, when built, have them protect both the Castle and the City Center. Admittedly, such a change would most assuredly wreck game balance for the AI, particularly city-states.

The only thing I really, really want is the ability to extend the working range of cities, being able to work tiles more than 3 tiles away.

One way we can rationalize that there will be something else coming is that they just released another edition that contains all content released thus far and yet they are still working on a patch.
Every other time they released a comprehensive edition after the second expansion, it was the Complete Edition and all work ceased afterwards. Not this time.
A possible trivial solution for this could be, that they are still not satisfied with the current state of civ6 and decided to patch some more items (world builder, naval combat, diplomacy, overall play balance ...) after the 3rd anniversary / budget.
But otoh don't want to miss the right timing for the sale of the 'comprehensive edition after the second expansion' and so just renamed it, because nobody really expects anything after the 'Complete Edition' - it would be weired to receive patches for something already called "complete".
I.e. 'something else coming' might be "only" patches.

I seem to remember some guidance along that they expect civ6 to end with similar scope or shape as civ5 ... Is anyone aware of details and/or especially when this was said?

( Too late, Exp3 hype-train accelerating )

Reactions: cvb
Thanks! :hug:
Back then I interpreted "While I cannot say anything official about the possibility of future releases, I can continue to state that our intention is to land in a place similar to Civ V." to be meant quite in general - leaving open the specific DLL source release ...

If I read now the statement focused on moddability, I hear "we wont promise, but intent to release the DLL sources". Wow! Yehaah! :)

Ok, how can a (final) civ6 'complete edition' not include the DLL sources?!! ;)

Yeah, if there intent is to “land” with a DLL release then XP3 is a plausible explanation for why they haven’t released yet. Another explanation might be a 2K veto but I think that’s unlikely since they didn’t veto Civ 5 DLL release. I think it’s possible that we won’t see XP3 until Summer 2020 as the August 2019 survey suggests that they were still determining the future of Civ VI at that point. Hopefully I’m wrong and we’ll have November announcement and February release again.

But why XP3? Maybe you got that hint from a newspaper which fetches some of its ideas from our forum? What if we "just" get a couple of patches, one with a tied decorative ribbon & 'Holy Band-Aid' label on it ...

First the doctor was only in the trailer, then a standalone scenario featured plague - third maybe diversity of food along with health care district/buildings can feature health/disease in general standard gameplay. Along with pollution could also overpopulation (Victoria did already some tests with >30pop) provide "empire management tasks" and even crisis in the "boring" late game.

In the beginning you start with a tiny snowball, eager to grow. And grow even more & more. Until you find yourself as Sisyphus trying to escape the slaying mega-ball ... 'Rise&Fall2: endgame'

Last edited:
1. Extremely large maps (e.g. 240 X 120) and the capability to play against at least 24 civs.

2. Plagues/Epidemics; pests that affect crops and livestock (e.g. locusts, ticks, mosquitoes, etc ) which spread along trade routes and on ships.
And, of course, ways to prevent and ameliorate them.

3. Starships that take your civ to Alpha Centauri, where your civ has to compete on a huge planet against advanced civilisations, Morgan Freemen, mind-worms, Elonites, etc.

If it helps against spies recruiting partisans I'm all for a dungeon.

All I was want is "please declare peace with _____."

Yes, 3rd party diplomacy is a must IMHO.

Regarding plague mechanics, what do you have in mind?

Would health replace or supplement housing? The sewer, for instance, currently gives housing.

I would like to see more civs and wonders too. I'd like national wonders to return and also more stuff of all sorts that can be built in the city center (doesn't consume a tile).

I feel like the Housing mechanic incorporates both physical living space *and* the health of the citizens.....at least that is how I read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. This is basically now just the unofficial 3xp anticipation thread, right?

Anyway.

Lots of new games and expansion news released by Paradox, including CK3. Humankind Twitter Feed keeps ticking over. Few other things 4X related in the news.

I’d be surprised if FXS threw in the towel with Civ 6 right now. Probably smarter to keep the Civ 6 hype train going for a while.

Reactions: cvb

Anyway.

Lots of new games and expansion news released by Paradox, including CK3. Humankind Twitter Feed keeps ticking over. Few other things 4X related in the news.

I’d be surprised if FXS threw in the towel with Civ 6 right now. Probably smarter to keep the Civ 6 hype train going for a while.

and try not to stop on disappointment station, nobody wants to disembark there...

Anyway.

I find it hilarious, but humbling, that my modest post about a potential Winter Update has garnered so many comments :).

Well I find it more likely that there won't be a Winter patch if there is another full fledged expansion. It seems a lot of us share the same views.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom