Futuristic Mod: Pentagenesis for Conquests

I deleted this mod because too many units were used over and over with the same graphics....
the only units with shared graphics are the mercenary units and the infantry line. Mercenary soldiers are just other civs special units that you can hire so of course they would have the same graphics and the infantry line is just the same for that era, so it's not really that confusing. It's still a great mod.

Nwoll said:
i understand the SWAT now, that makes sense, thank you for clearing that up

The SkirmRAV's cousin, the BlitzRAV, requires industry. One more tech can get you a 4/4/2 BlitzRAV, as opposed to the 2/2/2 SkirmRAV. But it is a 4th tier tech, which I made double 3rd tier price, triple 2nd tier price, and quadruple 1st tier price. (lining up the techs in colums on the tech "tree", as opposed to rows)

I thought you should know I am going to write a review of your mod for the Neotech Gamining Network's new newsletter. Don't worry though, it will be a very good review I am sure.

I have started playing the mod and have noticed a few minor bugs in the civiliopedia but this mod is so complete in every other way it is not that important.

I like the mod. It features a completely new world, very refreshing. The SciFi setting is also cool, plus I like Mechs. :)

My only problems were the initial overkill of light green and purple. Sometimes I think a more "sandy" brown or RED setting would have been cooler, but this is no real problem. I still need to get used to the tech tree, but I would rate this as one of the top mods here -> on the same high level as Rhyes and the Warhammer Mod. I like them all, Rise and Rule's overcrowded tech screen turned me off a bit, this mod is just fine in this regard.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I hope a few of you play it enough to understand it fully. A complaint was made of the same unit graphics, and that was intentional. My goal was to make units anywhere from very common (infantry) to common (racial special units) to ultra-rare (secret weapons).

To make a twinge of fear run down your spine when suddenly two large dragon dreadnaughts appear during your 15th game, and you had never even seen them before....

...and also to make each race a unique, yet familiar experience, after a few games.

Yeah the units are different for each race and resource availability... unfortunately I experienced it in a bad way losing my game - I somehow didn't expect that my enemy has Laser Tanks, and tons of them whereas I only had BlitzDrones and Gammas, despite of equal techs. Don't listen to noobars ;) I love the terrain graphics, no problem with colours and nice job on the terrain variety, different crystals etc and resources. I still have problem with the fuzzy GUI though, that's the only negative comment. Will post more when I play more.

embryodead said:
Yeah the units are different for each race and resource availability... unfortunately I experienced it in a bad way losing my game - I somehow didn't expect that my enemy has Laser Tanks, and tons of them whereas I only had BlitzDrones and Gammas, despite of equal techs. Don't listen to noobars ;) I love the terrain graphics, no problem with colours and nice job on the terrain variety, different crystals etc and resources. I still have problem with the fuzzy GUI though, that's the only negative comment. Will post more when I play more.

Thanks for the Four leaderheads. I really like the one I used for Malsee. She is so creepy.

My monitor has been blurry for years.... seems to happens once it heats up a bit.... so I never notice blurriness.... :crazyeye: It's true.

I am trying to play a game to the end, something I still haven't done, and then I'll probably play some Warhammer.... and then I'll start thinking about updating this mod. It is strange, after two years of focus, I am suddenly not spending every waking moment trying to think of things I'd like to do for the mod, or feeling guilty for not working on it.

Commissar_Yari said:
I can't download from that 3ddownloads site, isn't there anywhere else to download this from? Otherwise I'll just have to go without playing the mod I've waited for.

Do you have a pop-up blocker?

No, I mean I need to be able to download for a long period of time (I'm on for dialup) and I started downloading this and was at 86% finished, then I got disconnected and had to start all over again because that server doesn't support any resume features, so I can't download it from that place because I have to start all over again if I get disconnected, whereas most other servers this doesn't happen.

I had a problem downloading it too, I would get all the way to 99.99% and Netscape would freeze. I did this about 4 times before I realized maybe I should try a different browser, I tried Opera and it worked fine :D! It doesn't sound like this is your problem though....

First of all, this mod is brilliant. It reminds me very much of that great overlooked space-civ clone Emperor of the Fading Suns, and I for one LOVE the space setting and futuristic resources as well as the background story and the cleverly designed (and wonderfully animated) new "space race" victory, which I'm having some trouble achieving, but more on that later.
I prefer this mod to RaR, mainly because there are less improvements and wonders to build, which gives me time to build units too and crush my foes. (fighting for strategic luxury resources is VERY important in this mod, as you'll need a lot to build the good wonders and units.) My only gripe is that the civpedia is unfinished, a lot in the game isn't explained in any readme or civpedia entry, and that some things are unbalanced. I'm currently playing Auslanders under Proxynation government, I've got a sizeable empire, a decent army. +800 gold a turn, techs in 4 turns and tiny war weariness. I switch to my race's preferred government, I get techs in 7 turns and +200 a turn. Highly unbalanced IMO. I love the unit progression though, every unit seems to be there for a reason and is easy to upgrade once you get the next tech level.

I also have a few questions:

1) In my game, there's a faction called "mutant 4" that has the babylonian leaderhead, names of cities and civ entry. Is an individual identity for the "mutant #" factions in the works or is this a bug?

2) My cities seem to periodically make units, mainly worker drones and a non-moveable unit called plutonium that can't do anything other than be disbanded, adding 48 shields to the city and can be upgraded to an ICBM!!!! Is this intentional? Seems to me like it's a far too easy way of getting tons of ICBMs.

3) I seem to be able to build the unique units of quite a few other civs playing as Auslanders, like the Gravity HEAT which is labelled as an Outer Union unit. Is this intentional?

Last, I have a strategic question: I'm playing as the Auslanders, I've built 10 of 11 time machine components, then my source of cyborg souls dries out, only to reappear deep in the territory of the strongest enemy faction. It's the ONLY source of cyborg souls in the game, about equal in power to me, situated on a continent with 2 weaker factions. What should I do? I've already tried to run them over by establishing a beachhead and flooding them with OmegaRAV's, taking a city and then airlifting armies in, but my civ revolted on me, making it impossible to bring in reinforcements and I got beaten back to square one. I don't want to waste an hour trying that again. They are immune to propaganda and spies. Is there any clever way I could secure that cyborgsoul resource without having to fight them all over again? What're my chances of a new one popping up somewhere it's easier to get to?

Thanks in advance, brilliant mod

Adam

wow thanks for the feedback....

Answer to #1) I'll start with the Mutant4 bug... it is apparently a bug, but I for the life of me cannot figure out why unlocked civs are allowed in some people's games. I think it has something to do with modifying the default rules. They are functional, but they have no UUs, and no custom leaderhead graphics.

More races are in the works, yes, as well as other unique planets etc. But that is next patch, and right now I am just enjoying playing the mod, something I haven't been able to do.

Regarding the governments, I think the Human prefferred is the Galactic Alliance. It is a more "balanced" government. Proxynation charges 2 eXc per unit, but has no maintenance. Proxynation is a "balancer" between the early govs and the racial govs.

The civilopedia needs work. :) Allthough the basic information is 95% accurate and complete AFAIK.

Answer #2) A Worker drone is made every 30 turns by the city improvement "Drone Fab". Plutonium is made by a nuke plant every 16 turns as a shield bonus or to upgrade to the ICBM, true, but that still costs like $800 I think, notice the "laser bastion" (SDI) can be built in the first era... so you need 4 nukes to be as effective any time in the game, since the "SDI" small wonder more than likely is activated. I never got around to making the simple unit animations... :(

Answer#3) sounds like a bug. Only the Outer Union should be able to build gravity HEATs. I think this may be related to the leaderhead bug, just not quite sure yet.

Cyborg Souls: They should disappear and reappear often..... but you'll probably have to re-inavade, or upgrade your plutonium and nuke your way back in. Proxynation has high war weariness.

BTW... there is no special ending movie for the space race.... sorry.... you'll have to play Bebros X-com mod for that... ;)

Thanks for the feedback!.

EDIT: Regarding the gravity HEAT... I intended it as the Outer Union's UU. I must have changed that in the editor, without making the necessary change to the civilopedia. It is available to all civs, and does not start a golden age.

It's great so far although I'm only in the first age. I have the patch but I get a missing entry error when I went to retire this morning (yes I wanted to see the world)

Attached I hope

Also I love the surround for the minimap. Retro amiga and arcade feel

:scan:

Attachments

• mod error.jpg
    mod error.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 751
Thanks for the feedback and bugtrack...

This one appears to be twofold:

1) Germans aren't in this scenario.... another case of the unusable races appearing, which I am still trying to figure out

2) You should have that file in your standard Civ III files, SHAPP_RACE_Germans is a small picture of Kaiser Wilhelm looking happy, and should be in your regular files.

Neomega said:
2) You should have that file in your standard Civ III files, SHAPP_RACE_Germans is a small picture of Kaiser Wilhelm looking happy, and should be in your regular files.

So I shoul copy it to the senario folder and manually select my opponents in my next game?

I'm new to mods

apparition said:
So I shoul copy it to the senario folder and manually select my opponents in my next game?

I'm new to mods

No. It shouldn't be needed at all, it's for Mutant5, an unlocked faction. However, the PCX (graphic file) may be missing from your original files, so if you were to play the original game, and retire, the same thing may happen.

I can't figure out how you guys are getting unlocked factions in your games, I am going to have to check it out. For now my only advice would be to pick your opponents, and have them match names of the opponents you can choose as your own....

Top Bottom