Futuristic Mod: Pentagenesis for Conquests

I was in the queue for five minutes and spent 45 minutes downloading, despite having a cable modem. Saved it into conquests/scenarios. Unzipped it "here" and overwrote all files where there were duplicates from the PTW version. Then I started to play. Started one game where I was on a large tundra island with one other civ. Dumped that, got a better one, but I had three cities and two settlers, was building no kind of scout nothin, then I got this crash screen. I guess I'll edit this here when I have corrected it.

OK, thanks, I fixed it. Played up into the third era, works great, great game, thank you so much for working so hard so I could have a good time.

Attachments

• glitch.JPG
    glitch.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,622
uuups, you forgot to mod the error messages! could be something like:

FATAL POWERDOWN
wormhole in sector
Maxtrix will be reloaded.

:D

Tholish download the patch frist post.

Tholish said:
I was in the queue for five minutes and spent 45 minutes downloading, despite having a cable modem. Saved it into conquests/scenarios. Unzipped it "here" and overwrote all files where there were duplicates from the PTW version. Then I started to play. Started one game where I was on a large tundra island with one other civ. Dumped that, got a better one, but I had three cities and two settlers, was building no kind of scout nothin, then I got this crash screen. I guess I'll edit this here when I have corrected it.

Yes, sorry.... there is a patch already. I changed some things after unit roll call, which I shouldn't have done... but I had to cut out about 25 megs of units, not noticing there were some cross links in the unit's .inis for sound effects... :blush:

The patch is on the first page, it is Bebro's X scout, plus all the sound effects for his infantry. I did another unit roll call after the patch, and another civilopedia walkthrough.... and good lord willin'... there should be no more game crashing bugs.

You can continue your game after the patch.

Neomega said:
Yes, sorry.... there is a patch already. I changed some things after unit roll call, which I shouldn't have done... but I had to cut out about 25 megs of units, not noticing there were some cross links in the unit's .inis for sound effects... :blush:

The patch is on the first page, it is Bebro's X scout, plus all the sound effects for his infantry. I did another unit roll call after the patch, and another civilopedia walkthrough.... and good lord willin'... there should be no more game crashing bugs.

You can continue your game after the patch.

Its a fun mod so far but I got another game crashin' bug:

in the civilopedia entry for populism,
Load Error File not found
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\cyam_YG_S.pcx
:(

zagyg said:
Its a fun mod so far but I got another game crashin' bug:

in the civilopedia entry for populism,
Load Error File not found
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\cyam_YG_S.pcx
:(

that is fixed in the current patch as well.

I believe the error read cyman_YG_S

in the patch, the pediaicons has been updated, to use a different graphic.

Hey Neo, DL it today at school left a small chunk behind for monday. Anyways I noticed that for units that share the same graphic you did the old ini link trick. In conquest you can instead under the ANIMNAME entry put the units name for the top part and the file where the graphics are underneath it. No need to link by ini.;) I discovered this by accident.
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Musket_Infantry
Musketeer

BTW is there supposed to be a death flc for the MBS? As there is a story board called MSB death but no flc.

MarineCorps said:
Hey Neo, DL it today at school left a small chunk behind for monday. Anyways I noticed that for units that share the same graphic you did the old ini link trick. In conquest you can instead under the ANIMNAME entry put the units name for the top part and the file where the graphics are underneath it. No need to link by ini.;) I discovered this by accident.
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Musket_Infantry
Musketeer

I had to use .inis because the infantry lines have different animations. All "Warsuit line" animations are are in the Warsuit file, allthough Warsuit2, Warsuit3, and Warsuit4 use different .flcs from the Warsuit file.

Many units use your trick, (like all of the "Ronin" units.)

...and don't forget to get the patch also... ;)

MarineCorps said:
BTW is there supposed to be a death flc for the MBS? As there is a story board called MSB death but no flc.

I pulled the MBS. It was old and ugly, and useless. railgunner, plasma gunner and laser infantry I left in because I had sound links, but they cannot be built.

If I make a better graphic for the MBS, I may put it back in, in a later patch.

Neomega said:
I had to use .inis because the infantry lines have different animations. All "Warsuit line" animations are are in the Warsuit file, allthough Warsuit2, Warsuit3, and Warsuit4 use different .flcs from the Warsuit file.

Many units use your trick, (like all of the "Ronin" units.)

...and don't forget to get the patch also... ;)
Cool. :cool: Ooo, didn't know about the patch. Thanks. WIll get it. :D

To bad about the MSB. Hope you do remake it in the future. :)

WHAT IS UP WITH 3D DOWNLOADS!!!!

I keep having to download this over and over!! I have Shaw lite speed cable and it only goes 12 kbps. I have to wait 3-4 hours to download this mod. But whenever it gets to 60% MY DOWNLOAD FREEZES AND I HAVE TO START ALL OVER! This happened 3 times already and this is my fourth time downloading the mod!

WHAT THE!!!

Neomega said:
that is fixed in the current patch as well.

I believe the error read cyman_YG_S

in the patch, the pediaicons has been updated, to use a different graphic.

Fixed - I had accidently loaded the patch first and then the mod (don't ask :crazyeye: )

Played for a couple hours and really like the mod so far. Did have some other crashes. They tended to happen when I went to diplomacy to contact other leaders. Any one else?
Also I have noticed that some of the civs seem incomplete - the apollians, for instance, are a mod on the vikings. The leaderhead graphic is the standard viking and the city names are the same. But in the diplomacy screen there is a ??? for the leaderhead image. Another one is the koreans for the civ that I forget the name of.

I am sure you know about this and the other entries that either are missing or held for space. I dont want to be a pest and list each thing, so I'll assume you know which parts are still BETA and which are beta.
So far, an excellent mod. Thanks. :)

Finally I downloaded it.

And...what the?! This is a beta?!?!?

You never said anything about this being a beta...

zagyg said:
Fixed - I had accidently loaded the patch first and then the mod (don't ask :crazyeye: )

Played for a couple hours and really like the mod so far. Did have some other crashes. They tended to happen when I went to diplomacy to contact other leaders. Any one else?
Also I have noticed that some of the civs seem incomplete - the apollians, for instance, are a mod on the vikings. The leaderhead graphic is the standard viking and the city names are the same. But in the diplomacy screen there is a ??? for the leaderhead image. Another one is the koreans for the civ that I forget the name of.

I am sure you know about this and the other entries that either are missing or held for space. I dont want to be a pest and list each thing, so I'll assume you know which parts are still BETA and which are beta.
So far, an excellent mod. Thanks. :)

There are no factions/civs called the Apollians. I didn't change the names of some civ's city names, but all leaderhead animations.....

HEY! I just checked the editor...... You are playing with civs that aren't available in the mod! That means you had to go into the editor and make them available....... :suicide: PLEASE do not mod it yourself, and then ask me why it isn't working.... :p

There are 17 available civs, add any more at your own risk. Many unincluded civs have a name and little else.

Finally I downloaded it.

And...what the?! This is a beta?!?!?

You never said anything about this being a beta...

Well I suppose you can call it a beta if you wish, but I never called it a beta, allthough the folder still bears the same name as it did for the PTW version.

I am a huge mech fan, I will give it a try, too!

Looks great - but I wonder what the generic carrier is doing in all that futuristic units. :)

Besides that, nothing that features so many Mechs cannot be worse than at least good. :)

DLed & installed the game no problem, but every time I play the game ends.

The colony ship, crashes instead of building a city, even tho I get to name the city, then I get a pop-up with no message in it, & when I click the box I get kicked into the defeated screen, & things proceed as expected from there.

Anybody have a clue?

Fader

Top Bottom