[MOD] Game of Thrones

Do you additionally have FfH installed in the "Fall from Heaven 2" folder? That might solve the problem. See here for more information.

Yep, that was indeed the issue. Sorry, have not play FFH in some years.

I was able to play the first scenario a bit. My one issue is friendly civs were constantly closing borders and it was very hard to open them again. Maybe by design I guess, but not sure how it applies. Are there plans to add story to each season and goals.

Yep, that was indeed the issue. Sorry, have not play FFH in some years.

I was able to play the first scenario a bit. My one issue is friendly civs were constantly closing borders and it was very hard to open them again. Maybe by design I guess, but not sure how it applies. Are there plans to add story to each season and goals.
Glad to see you are able to play.I don't change AI about Open Border,for experiance during my playtest,AI civs like other civs to close border with their hatred ones,and when they close border,need about at least 10 turns to reopen it.
about Scenario story and goal,yes I have plans to do.the FFH2 offical Scenarios are immersive,make me deep impressed.but i'm not familiar with Scenario Python script,need a lot time to learn.I think first thing is release V2.03 for night watch civ change.then I can try to make ones.

a question: Now I run with Steam BTS version,every time I open mod,I need open BTS first then load my mod. how can I open mod directly like old version(edit BTS shotcut and add Mod=/Game of Thrones after original open path,I try this and not work with Steam version)

Last edited:
Hello again!
I finally got around to playing a game with the Patch 2.02 Alpha installed (I had not done that earlier because I was trying to finish a previous game, and my Civ games usually take a long time).
Anyway, I tried again to play a game in the main scenario (Game of Thrones V8.2) with the Mercurians/Night's watch. Diffiulty Noble, normal game speed, all other settings standard.
In spite of the patch description, the game did not feel in any way easier than on my first attempt. In fact, I allmost felt like the Other was even stronger this time. They took the city of Giant's Stair from the the Wildlings on turn 17 allready, in spite of the strong garrison there. The entire Wildling civilization was destroyed on turn 80, and in turn 90 I was defeated also.
The entire Westeros was overrun in the next hundred turns (I once again kept one scout in Dorne to see the progress of the war after loosing my city).
As usual the AI civs continued to launch uncoordinated counterattacks with small groups of warriors or other weak units, which did nothing else but provide the Other's units with experience.
On the other hand, I was also very unlucky because there was an unsuall lack of warfare among the other Civs at first, so I did not recieve even a single angel all game. I was acutally doing reasonably well before Basium was killed (and it took two turns of sustained attacks with dozens of units before the enemy could kill Basium, but after that I had no backup as I had no other strong units).
Speaking of angels, I did not recieve even my own living units back as angels! All of my living units when killed would go to serve the Infernals. I think this must be a bug. I thought that Mercurian living units will allways return as Angels, no matter what. Or am I wrong?

Overall, I still think the only way to play the scenarion for me at the moment is to play with a civilization from outside Westeros (including the Greyjoys), build up a strong empire and try to reconquer Westeros during the late game - which is acutally quite a fun game to play.
Maybe a very skilled player could be able to save one of the stronger civs from the south of Westeros, but I don't feel skilled enough at the moment.

a question: Now I run with Steam BTS version,every time I open mod,I need open BTS first then load my mod. how can I open mod directly like old version(edit BTS shotcut and add Mod=/Game of Thrones after original open path,I try this and not work with Steam version)
Apparently, there is a way to launch mods that is specific for the steam version. See here: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...on-iv-with-a-desired-mod-automatically-loaded (the last answer on the linked page). However, since I don't have the Steam version of Civ 4 I can not test it. I hope it works for you.

Hello again!
I finally got around to playing a game with the Patch 2.02 Alpha installed (I had not done that earlier because I was trying to finish a previous game, and my Civ games usually take a long time).....
after V2.00,yes, Mercurians living unit will not reborn as Angels. because In coming V2.03,Mercurains only gain living unit from other civs and never a Angelic civ.

In V2.02 Alpha and V2.02,make the Other and Nightwatch a few change,the Other is still overpower(breach the Wall around Turn120-200).
So in V2.03 I remake Nightwatch civ and get free Tech from Westeros Civ to empower them,and Tweak the Other with many ways such as Night King is held during first 150 turns.In my Autorun test Wildling will survival at least first 150 turns,and the Wall will hold at least 300 turns.
Now I am fighting with the Crash to Desktop which connects with the Other new changes.I hope V2.03 will finish before End of May.

edit: for 1 day's testing,Solved CtD problem. which because Settler/Worker/Hawk forget to set undead version.Cheers!:king:

Last edited:
Apparently, there is a way to launch mods that is specific for the steam version. See here: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...on-iv-with-a-desired-mod-automatically-loaded (the last answer on the linked page). However, since I don't have the Steam version of Civ 4 I can not test it. I hope it works for you.

Thanks! This way solve my problems,Save a lot of time to mod and test
use the Steam launch options. So:
Rightclick the game > Properties > Set launch options, and there you can configure "mod=\Game of Thrones".

New scenario Westeros is under testing,which will release with V2.03.this scenario is 40*100 only contains Enlarged and More Details Westeros.
  • Beyond the Wall
Spoiler :

• The North
Spoiler :

• Neck,Iron Island,Riverland,Vale
Spoiler :

• Westland and Crownland
Spoiler :

• Reach,Stormland and Dorne
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Beyond the Wall.png
    Beyond the Wall.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4,498
  • The North.png
    The North.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 4,454
  • Vale Riverland Iron Island and Neck.png
    Vale Riverland Iron Island and Neck.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 4,529
  • Westland and Crownland.png
    Westland and Crownland.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 4,547
  • Reach Dorne and Stormland.png
    Reach Dorne and Stormland.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 4,526
Last edited:
Westeros Scenario is on the way to finish,currently need empower Wildling,place more resource add more vassel house,
and last one step: Clear stacked Strength/Defense of unit with modified Strength/Defense by promotion and Plot Counter, due to bugs that each time save in World Builder,modified Strength/Defense and Plot Counter caculated once.Plot Counter Stacked issue make plot can't change when Season Counter(AC) changes

and I have to change area damage spells that cause War such as Maelstrom, with lower damage and not cause war due to this will break permanent peace and I failed to find out python code to modifier.

Play test new Westeros by Autorun,on around 175 turns, Wildling falls to The Other and around 270 turns Eastwatch by the Sea has fallen to the Other.They then seige Shadow Tower and Castle Black at least 100 turns then a divided force take Winterfell and Torrhen's Square.
Spoiler :

Lannister become Overlord of Westeros,control whole Westlands,Riverlands,CrownLands except Dragonstone and on the way to conquer the North.Baratheon/Frey/Greyjoy became Lannister's vassel 1 by 1
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Fall of Eastwatch and Last Hearth.png
    Fall of Eastwatch and Last Hearth.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 837
  • Overwhelming Lannister.png
    Overwhelming Lannister.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 841
Last edited:
Talk more about new Westeros scenario.
In Westeros scenario make some difference from other scenarios
  • AC will increase from 0 to 100 during the Whole 600 turns, like the Weather in Novel. Which means only Summer(Turn 0-240) -Autumn(Turn 240-300) - Winter(Turn300-600) half season Circle.
  • use scenario Python code to make some War/Alliance change on fixed turns acording to Novel.such as Robb Coronation,Iron Throne Claimant Wars,Red Wedding(this won't involved charactor because AI won't keep them alive for a long time)
  • Block Council of Esus and Ashen Veil religion,and can't win by Tower or Religion
  • different from Game of Throne V8.2 scenario settling partly based after Battle of Blackwater for Daenyres and 1 Baratheon,Westeros start game setting is around King Robert I Baratheon's Death.
In my playtest,Lannister poor diplomatic situation caused by Joffery Lannister make them always lose King's Landing around 100 turns, Lannister need some improve.
And Major House start with too many units and poor economic,AI always kill their unit to cut the cost on first turn.

And 2 questions here need help.
1.How to change Leaderhead through Python code,I always get python error by using such as
Code:
pPlayer.setPersonalityType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('LEADER_TYWINLANNISTER'))
2.How to change unit owner,I can't find the Python function, only use initUnit a new one to new civ set name,promotion,experiance,level,damage and kill old ones such as.
Code:
pStannis.initUnit(pUnit.getUnitType(),pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
pUnit.kill(false,iStannisTeam)

Last edited:
the Python Diplomacy change is list below ,will update when V2.03 finally released. in V2.03 Beta3 countains full Popup message with story.
and if I find proper way to change leaderhead during the game,I will add some change on certain turn.
Spoiler :

• Turn 20: Lannister Riverland Invasion, Lannister declare war to Tully, Frey break free from Tully's Vassal
  • Turn 25: Battle near the Golden Tooth, Jaime Lannister lead Lannister army gathered at Golden Tooth
  • Turn 30: Northmen go south, Stark declare war to Lannister
  • Turn 35: Conquering the riverlands, Whent surrender all cities and all units to Lannister,add Mountain tribes to Lannister at Harrenhal. Lannister also capture Maidenpool.
  • Turn 40: Marriage contracts to Frey, Frey become Stark's Vassal and openborder to Stark,Stark and their vassal army gathered at Twins.
  • Turn 45: Renly‘s Coronation, Renly/Tyrell,Lannister declare war to each other,Swann break free from Renly
  • Turn 50: The Wolf and the Lion, divided Stark and their vassal army south from Twins to 2 parts, West of Twins party gather at Riverrun, East of Twins party gather at Twins,Remove Jaime Lannister.
  • Turn 55: Robb's Coronation, Tully become Stark's Vassal
  • Turn 60: Stannis' Coronation, Stannis declare war to Renly/Tyrell and Lannister.
  • Turn 70: The Rise of Kraken, remove Theon Greyjoy from Stark, Greyjoy declare war to Stark, Greyjoy capture Moat Cailin and kill all hostile units there,and move 80% Melee and Naval units to defend Moat Cailin
  • Turn 75: Departure of Princess Myrcella and Riot of King's Landing, Lannister make permanent peace with Martell, King's Landing riot 2 turns, reduce King's Landing population by 1 and cause 0-20% damage to garrison
  • Turn 80: Taking of Deepwood Motte, Greyjoy capture Deepwood Motte, kill all hostile units there,and move 20% unit there
  • Turn 85: Assassination of Renly, Stannis get all Renly's units and cities,Caron,Florent,Fossoway,Meadows and Estermont become Stannis Vassal. remove Brienne of Tarth, Renly player continue play as Stannis
  • Turn 90: Fall of Harrenhal, Bolton capture Harrenhal and Maidenpool and kill all hostile units there,and move all Stark and his vassal unit southeast of Twins to Harrenhal, Qyburn join Bolton/Stark as a Adept
  • Turn 95: Capture of Winterfell, remove Hodor from Stark and move all Winterfell garrison to Torrhen's Square, Greyjoy capture Winterfell and kill all hostile units there,and add a Archer as Theon Greyjoy to defend
  • Turn 100: Lannister-Tyrell Alliance, Lannister and Tyrell make permanent Peace
  • Turn 105: Battle of Winterfell, Bolton capture Winterfell and kill all units there,and add a Archer to defend. Greyjoy will capture Torrhen's Square. remove Stark Lucian
  • Turn 110: Storming of the Crag, Frey break free from Stark and make permanent Peace with Lannister, Frey cancel openborder with Stark, Westerling become Stark's Vassal. move all Stark and their vassal unit southwest of Twins to the Crag.
  • Turn 115: Battle of the Blackwater, Stannis and their vassal unit with in Lannister or Tyrell border suffer 75%-175% fire damege which could kill them, then Fossoway become Tyrell vassal again, Florent surrender to Tyrell, Caron surrender to Lannister, Estermont and Celtigar become Lannister's vassal. remove Sandor Clegane from Lannister
  • Turn 120: Fight of the Fist(New), Most Ranger and Steward gather at Fist of the First Man,facing large Wight army lead by the Other, Jon Snow and Ghost join Wildling side.
  • Turn 125: Funeral of Hoster Tully, move all Stark,Karstark,Umber units southwest of Twins to Riverrun
  • Turn 130: Munity of Nightwatch and Death of Joer Morment, several Nightwatch units especial Steward become held barbarian at Craster's Keep(in future version and rest suffer physical damage which could kill them)
  • Turn 135: Battle at Duskendale(New), Tyrell defend Duskendale from Northmen army, move all Stark and his vassal unit southeast of Twins retreat to Harrenhal
  • Turn 140: The Beheading of Rickard Karstark, Karstark break free from Stark
  • Turn 145: Capture of Harrenhal(New), Baelish get Harrenhal and break free from Arryn and keep neutral to wars, Northmen army cross Ruby Ford, remove Qyburn, Barbarian Mercenary sack Maidenpool.
  • Turn 150: Death of Balon Greyjoy(New), a third Greyjoy army in Main land return to Pyke
  • Turn 155: Red Wedding, Bolton break free from Stark,declare permanent war to Stark and make permanent peace to Lannister/Tyrell ,Frey and Westerling become Lannister's vassal,Stark and its vassal unit south of Twins gather at Twins, suffer 90%-190% physical damage which could kill them. Tyrell capture Maidenpool
  • Turn 160: Fight at the Bridge of Skulls and Attack on Castle Black, remove 1 Lannister Valyrian Steel Blade unit or promotion,add 1 Valyrian Steel Blade unit(Widow's Wail) at King's Landing Wildling reduce city population to 1 and add new city Hardhome with all reduced population, move rest unit there add 1 settler per old city. Jon Snow and Ghost rejoin Night's Watch side.
  • Turn 165: Purple Wedding and Kingsmoot(New), Jaime Lannister and Qyburn is back at capital of House Lannister. add Dragon Hoard wonder to Pyke, Greyjoy declare war to Tyrell. remove Lord Beric Dondarrion.
  • Turn 165 to 285: Attacks of Lady Stoneheart(New), a Frey or Lannister unit which is outside city in Riverland has a chance to receive 50%-150% physical damage.
  • Turn 170: Battle beneath the Wall, Stannis declare war to Wildling,move most their unit to the Eastwatch by the Sea and add Mercenary there, add city "War Camp" south of the Wall, Bolton get most old Stark strength and vassal, declare permanent war to Greyjoy, add 1 worker named Reek.
  • Turn 175: Trial of Tyrion Lannister and Death of Tywin Lannister(New), Remove Gregor Clegane, Oberyn Martell, barbarian sack Saltspan.
  • Turn 180: Death of Lysa Arryn, Baelish get all Arryn units and cities. Arryn player continue play as Baelish
  • Turn 185: Surrender of Tully, Frey get Riverrun, Tully surrender to Lannister, Tully player continue play as Frey(or Lannister if Frey is dead), add Crusader at King's Landing, add Bran and Summer at Three-eyed Crow Cave
  • Turn 190: Peace with Wildling and Stannis North Campian, Stannis and Nightwatch make permanent peace to Wildling, Nightwatch openborder with Wildling, add city "Wildling Settlement" south of the Wall. Stannis make permanet war to Bolton,Old Stark vassal divided support both side, Stannis capture Deepwood Motte and gathered army there
  • Turn 195: Hardhome(New), Wildling settles south of the Wall at War Camp, the Other gather at Hardhome, Greyjoy capture Shield Islands, Stannis army caught by blizzard.
  • Turn 200: Siege of Dragonstone(New), Tyrell capture Dragonstone, all mercenaries and north vassals abandon Stannis, add Ser Robert Strong to King's Landing, remove Jon Snow.
  • Turn 205: Death of Doran Martell, Martell declare permanent war to Lannister and Tyrell
  • Turn 210: Revive of Jon Snow(New), kill part garrison of Castle Black
  • Turn 215: Death of Three-eyed Crow(New), kill Three-eyed Crow units move part the Other units there, add Coldhand north of Castle Black.
  • Turn 220: Battle of Bastard, Wildling become Stark's vassal, Umber become Bolton's vassal. add Jon Snow(with Longclaw if Nightwatch has Valyrian Steel Blade), Ghost, Brienne of Tarth with Oathkeeper, Ser Davos Seaworth to Stark, remove Melisandre from Stannis
  • Turn 225: Sansa's Raven(New), Baelish declare permanent war to Bolton and make permanent peace to Stark, Baelish capture Moat Cailin and gather army there
  • Turn 230: Wildfire of Great Sept Baelor, Tyrell and their vassal unit within Lannister border will suffer 50-150% fire damege which could kill them,Tyrell declare permanent war to Lannister and make permanent peace to Martell. Kill all disciple unit in King's Landing
  • Turn 235: Fall of Frey, kill all Frey unit,Lannister gain their empty city. Frey player continue play as Lannister
  • Turn 240: King of the White Wolf, Stark regain strength of North and old vassal.Bolton surrender to Stark, Bolton player continue play as Stark
  • Turn 245: Return of Daenerys, Daenerys returned to Dragonstone with massive army,Tyrell and Martell with their vassal become Targaryen's Vassal. Stannis and Estermont surrender to Targaryen, player can choose to play as Targaryen instead
  • Turn 250 next version: Alliance of Euron, Greyjoy become Lannister's Vassal and gather army at King's Landing
  • Turn 255: Death of Ellard Sand, Martell,Yronwood and Dayne break from Targaryen and make peace to Lannister
  • Turn 260: Return of Arya and Bran, add Arya Stark(Shadow unit with Hero and other promotion) and Bran Stark(Druid unit with Held and other promotion,also with a Hawk unit) to Stark at Winterfell
  • Turn 265:Attack beneath the Casterly Rock(New), Targaryen capture Casterly Rock, add Targaryen Ser Jorah Mormont(with Heartsbane if Nightwatch has Valyrian Steel Blade) at Dragonstone
  • Turn 270: Fall of Tyrell, Lannister get all Tyrell units, cities and vassals, Tyrell player continue play as Lannister
  • Turn 275: War of Spoiler, Lannister and their vassal unit within Lannister border and at outside city,will suffer 75%-175% fire damege which could kill them
  • Turn 280: Beyond Wall(New), add Stark Thoros of Myr, Sandor Clegane, Gendry at Winterfell
  • Turn 285: Stark kneel for Targaryen, Stark with their vassal become Targaryen's Vassal.
  • Turn 290: Meeting at Dragonpit, Lannister,Targaryen,Baelish make temporary peace.
  • Turn 295: Death of Petyr Baelish, Baelish with their vassal become Targaryen's Vassal. kill Petyr Baelish unit and if he has Valyrian Steel Blade promtion,this weapon will transfer to Arya Stark or capital of House Stark if Arya is lost
  • Turn 300: Fall of Eastwatch by the Sea, The Other raze Eastwatch by the Sea and gather there, add Stark Melisandre and Theon Greyjoy at Winterfell

Last edited:
in my V2.03 Alpha play test, Stark lead the score and Lannister lost Kings's Landing around 200 turns
potential bugs need fixed and balance issues:
  • if python declare war to it's vassal will cause bad situation,need free vassal before declair war
  • on 254 turn Stark provork war with Night Watch,this time Maelstrom spell is ok,still need find reason
  • [unchanged]Baelish(Loki)'s ablity is too strong,steal many cities,need be weaken.Edit:Ah,I think that is exactly the way Baelish lived. 'Chaos is Ladder',so leave this unchanged so Baelish will be early game chaos maker and late game Strong House.
  • [done and Update to Alpha]surrender at late turns need a culture boost,perhaps need equal to Scenario Counter / 5
  • [done and Update to Alpha]Plot change slower than I surposed,on 250 Turn(AC 45),colder terrain only reach Winterfell,need be faster
  • [done and release with next version]over 300 turns AC will begin dropdown begining the other half season circle(winter -> spring -> summer).in my design, it will last 600 turns ,need fixed
  • [done and release with next version]Ironborn seige Moat Cailin event use city id to search Moat Cailin,It will changed when new city settled,which will pick wrong city.

Last edited:
And 2 questions here need help.
1.How to change Leaderhead through Python code,I always get python error by using such as
Code:
pPlayer.setPersonalityType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('LEADER_TYWINLANNISTER'))
2.How to change unit owner,I can't find the Python function, only use initUnit a new one to new civ set name,promotion,experiance,level,damage and kill old ones such as.
Code:
pStannis.initUnit(pUnit.getUnitType(),pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
pUnit.kill(false,iStannisTeam)

1. what error do you get? Maybe a typo in the xml and getIntoTypeForString returns -1
2. You should use void CvUnit::convert(CvUnit* pUnit). So init a new unit first, then use convert on it. It will copy promotions, equipment etc. and then kill the old unit. Also you don't want to kill the true King of Westeros ;)

1. what error do you get? Maybe a typo in the xml and getIntoTypeForString returns -1
2. You should use void CvUnit::convert(CvUnit* pUnit). So init a new unit first, then use convert on it. It will copy promotions, equipment etc. and then kill the old unit. Also you don't want to kill the true King of Westeros ;)
Thanks for your answers.
1.Python Error in BeginGameTurns,because I put these code there like scenario doTurns function.if pPlayer.setPersonalityType(int Leaderhead) function name and parameter is right,perhaps other problem provork this python error
2.convert function worked and old unit killed by convert function won't trigger onUnitKilled event, so avoid triggering item drop and reborn like manes,angel.a simple method to replace my 20 row code and problem

Last edited:
release V2.03 Beta for playtesting.mainly update Westeros python event and block some ritural,block Infernal some building and unit to make more like aSoIaF fiction world and always contains bug fix.
See here for more details
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Daenerys Targaryen.jpg
    Daenerys Targaryen.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Patch v2.03 Beta.rar
    24.6 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: V55
OK,after a long work time break,I'm be back for this project.now for next version,I just add some flavor text for each Python event of Westeros scenario.
btw, the online Board game A Game of Thrones on steam is good to play too.

next version is V2.03 Beta2,mainly update Westeros scenario.
1.add flavor text for each Python event
2.House killed by Python event,will continue play as other house
3.permanet war or peace between Major House controlled by python code
4.add House Westerling,House Yronwood and House Dayne
5.more Python event.
6.tweek python code and debug

Last edited:
release V2.03 Beta2 for playtesting. Mainly update Westeros scenario
1.add flavor text for each Python event(until Battle of the Blackwater)
2.Baratheon House killed by Python event,will continue play as Targaryen House
3.permanet war or peace between Major House controlled by python code
4.add House Westerling,House Yronwood and House Dayne
5.more Python event.
6.tweek python code and debug

for Westeros scenario new python event and changes,you can check here for more information

you can also download from here:
https://www.moddb.com/games/civiliz...ame-of-thrones-patch-v203-beta2#downloadsform

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Arya Stark.png
    Arya Stark.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 348
  • Patch v2.03 Beta2.rar
    24.7 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Encouraged by story of Dr Pinkcake's development of Visual Noval game Acting Lessons and Being a Dik by himself. I envy Dr Pinkcake that he/she has passion, talent and all the ability of model design,story writing,coding,music choosing, also has freedom to spend large effort into game develop. Acting Lessons and Being a Dik become the top quality classic game of their genre and attractive 10000+ Patreons support which make him full time game developing.

What I can do ,I think, is continue to finish this game of throne mod project.

Last edited:
Hi,
I recently decided to play a new game with your latest patch. I choose to play with Yi Ti for two reasons: first, I wanted to check out the new Eastessosi Civ since it is specific to this mod, and second, I wanted to see how the situation in Westeros develops with minimal input from the player.
On that second point, and since I used to come to this thread and complain about how the Others are too strong, I am now very happy to report that this is no longer the case. I have played over 350 turns so far and the Others are still safely contained behind the wall. It even took them almost 300 turns before they could finish off the wildlings. Also, I noticed that the westerosi factions are able to lauch invasions beyond the wall, and the Tyrells even captured one city in the far north and held it for a few turns. So in conclusion, after your latest patch all westerosi factions are now viable as player controlled civs, even in the hands of a not so skilled player. (I have also thought some more about the previous version, and I think some westerosi factions might have been able to win anyway, if controlled by a very skilled player. It's just that I don not personally have the skill required to test that theory. But this means that patches .02 and .03 act almost like an extra layer of "difficulty levels" in regards to eachoter).
Anyway, the Others are no longer overpowered. I am almost tempted to say that they could be too weak at the moment, but I fear such a conclusion may be too hasty, as I do not have enough data to make that judgement at the moment, since I haven't even finished the game yet.
As for the Eastessosi, I foud them to be a very intersting and original faction. (I was expecting them to be a copy of the Dao from Orbis, but it turned out to not be the case). Playing with Yi Ti turned out to be quite fun, and I think it is a good choice for new players who want to test out the scenario. My only "complaint" is that it is almost too easy to play with them, as they have a very strong position. (But the reason it has gotten too easy is mostly because I underestimated the strength of my position and started the game on a too low difficulty level). I probably won't finish the game, as I am allready on track to winning a tower of mastery victory (having raw mana nodes nearby definitely helps) and the only thing left to do is to just wait for the turns to pass. None of the AI factions is strong enough to pose a threat. But as I said, that is not a fault of the scenario design, I will just select a higher difficulty for my next playthrough.
What IS however unbalanced is the situation around the barbarian city of K'Dath, and the five forts. This is because the five forts will fall in the first turn of the game, no matter what. The lich in K'Dath will just summon elementals and overrun the forts, and there is nothing that can be done about this, even on the lowest difficulty level. The garisson of the five forts can not be reinforced in time, nor can it be evacuated, since they are immobile units. Now, this is just a minor problem for the player, as the barbarins in K'Dath are not able to pose a threat in the long term, so loosing the five forts is just a minor inconvenience for the Yi Ti player. So I don't think this is a serious issue, I only bring this up because I find this design choice a bit puzzling. What is the point of the five forts if there is no possibility for the player to hold the line there, and no incentive for trying to recover them? One suggestion I could make is to give K'Dath to the Others. This would give them a foothold in Essos, and allow them to threaten essos based civs, if they are able to break out of that position in the late game. It will also help as it is the AV holy city, and the Others already have the AV religion. In exchange for that you could weaken the starting garisson of K'Dath, or at least take away the summoning spells from the Lich so it can no longer spam elementals and rush the five forts at the start of the game. So in this way it becomes possible but also necessary for the Yi Ti player to try and hold the line at the five forts, to contain the threat from beyond them.

Another small suggestion that I have, on a similar note, is to try to change the wildling faction a bit so they become more involved in the game. Right now they can not breach the wall on their own, and they can not stop the others either, so they will just slowly be eliminated. This should not change because it is accurate to the lore. However, I think that maybe you could give them an unique "raider" unit that could pass through impassable terrain (like the Eastessosi Medic can). This way the wildlihngs could be able to strike at targets south of the wall, and maybe even try to seize some weakly defended city, without having to seize Castle Black first (since that is impossible). This would also match the lore of the books to some extent.

Two other minor complaints are about the graphics: First is that the unit graphics for paladins and royal guards are now the same, which I find a bit confusing, and I also don't know what was wrong with the old royal guard unit model. Second is that on the resource map you seem to have switched the graphics for gunpowder and mithril.

But everything above is just minor nitpicking. I want to stress once again that overall I like the scenario and all the little details you put into it, and I think the nev version may be even better, since the balance issues from older versions seem to be mostly solved.

Best regards and thank you for your work!

Top Bottom