Game Tracking Thread

The computer seems to be working now. Hopefully blowing out all the dust was all it needed.
Paused, since there are only 2 hours on the clock.

Actually, it crashed again when I tried to pause it. So it's probably more than just a cleaning. Could be days or even weeks before it's back. At least the HD seems to still be good, and the computer is still under extended warranty.

This is not good...

After the repair place ran diagnostics (finding some HD and processor errors) I went to try to pull off my data -- and the HD stopped responding at all. It is now a 1TB paper weight. :wallbash:

Is anyone playing this game and not playing in any other pitboss games? I'm pretty sure we can resurrect it from the local copy that gets made when you log on, but you might have only one autosave file name per in-game name that will get overlaid with whatever game loaded last.

If anyone has a valid save I can use that to restart the game after my computer is returned and software is reloaded. The repair shop is running 15-25 days for major work like this, and we're +/- a week into that.

Which directory would it be in? The Multi folder?

Which directory would it be in? The Multi folder?
It should be located in Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\multi\auto. The file should be called, for example, "Recovery_AlphaShard". This file is continuously replaced and only contains the save of the last time you logged into a Pitboss - so if you logged into a different Pitboss since then, it'll have been overwritten.

I would highly advise everyone playing in this game now to check and make a backup of this save file if you have it, then check to see if it's for this game. If it is, and especially if it's a reasonably recent one, send it on to Dave. :)

Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to tell anyone what directory to look in.

Please email saves to daveshack dot cfc at gmail dot com -- and include what date/time your system says the file is, and what time zone your computer is set for. Though I could probably figure it out by seeing what turn it is and how much time the save thinks is left in the turn.

Any update? AS, were you able to find a good save? We have strong hope in you, as we both who play turns for Team Amazon - me and Sommers do play in more pitbosses and we use the same name, so our autosaves are lost the very same day.

Yes I found an autosave and sent it to Dave. So hopefully we'll be able to finish this game.

Oh! Great news :)

Now we can hope Dave will have his computer OK soon.

Sent one too yesterday. And I currently don't play any other pitboss...

The computer is back and I'm hopeful that it will be in good enough shape to just run with it.
Motherboard replacement, problem with the SATA controller apparently.
The data seems to be all there -- if it's good of course.

I'm going to be cautious and grab all the essential data to a flash drive, then run a full file system check, so it may be a little while longer, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't seem to be a train. :D

Connecting failed for me (and I am out of town for a few days starting tomorrow...)

Played our turn and paused. Only Q left to play its turn.

Is anyone playing for Q btw?

Top Bottom