Game Tracking Thread

Since Q did not asked officially for pause and Caledorn said that he is queied things up, I am going to unpause and let the game continue. To my prediction it wont last much longer anyway - 15-20 turns or something :)

Well I am sure I missed turns since I didn't get a notice from this thread that it was back up! :(

I am sorry to hear you was unaware that the game is restarted. I left it paused for like 3-4 days and I though your turn was played. I think you missed the last turn, as I logged in to play with 8 hours left and you were not done with your turn yet. I am OK with reload to the Sokrallinek's last save though.

Team Amazon have just launched its Spaceship and because of the bug, I got disconnected and possibly the pitboss server crashed. Here is the solution what we must do:

Pitboss SS launch bug solution

As I understand it, I must get the auto-save which was created on my last login from DaveShack and then I will need the admin password, so I can load the game locally at my pc, launch the ship, save the game and then send the save back to DaveShack. Is this correct?

Can someone more experienced with this workarround confirm this is what should be done?

As I understand it the procedue is

1. DaveShack restarts Pitboss.
2. 2metraninja logs in, closes all build popups, then launches the spaceship.
3. 2metraninja saves the game and sends it to DaveShack.
4. DaveShack reloads from the save 2metraninja sent.

No admin password required.

I think it will not work - I got disconnected the same moment I clicked "OK" button after launching. I think I must got the save from DaveShack, load it somehow locally on my pc (by setting up a fake multiplayer game?), then saving the game after the SS is already launched and sending the save to DaveShack so he can restart the pitboss with this my save.

I remember one more pitboss where it ended with SS being launched. Will check in the thread and report in minutes.

Cant seem to find it :( It was the BTSMTDG2 Warm-up pitboss and also, now I remember the team Maverick pitboss also, where Exploit won by Spaceship and explained how the problem is solved. Anyone can find those threads?

I think it will not work - I got disconnected the same moment I clicked "OK" button after launching. I think I must got the save from DaveShack, load it somehow locally on my pc (by setting up a fake multiplayer game?), then saving the game after the SS is already launched and sending the save to DaveShack so he can restart the pitboss with this my save.

I remember one more pitboss where it ended with SS being launched. Will check in the thread and report in minutes.

Despite of being disconnected you can still save the game.

As I understand it the procedue is

1. DaveShack restarts Pitboss.
2. 2metraninja logs in, closes all build popups, then launches the spaceship.
3. 2metraninja saves the game and sends it to DaveShack.
4. DaveShack reloads from the save 2metraninja sent.

No admin password required.

This agrees with how I read the thread that was linked to.

Coincidentally, my internet dropped earlier today, but it was due to a whole cable outage in the area. At least that's what Comcast says it was... ;)

Despite of being disconnected you can still save the game.

After the message "We have lost connection to the pitboss, exiting to main window" I was unable to click anything except the "OK" button. And then I was in the main window, where no game is to be saved. How am I supposed to save the game once disconnected? Is it the shortcut for quick-save or something?

Ah, so maybe it gives you few seconds to actually do the save, which I in my unawareness spent enjoying the sight of our stylish space ship traveling trough space. In about 10 hours I will be back home and try to launch and save immediately, then send the savegame to Dave. Thanks all.

So, Dave, here is the save. You were both correct - I got about 1 minute before actually the popup forcing me to quit to main menu appeared after I launched the spaceship, so I got plenty of time to actually save the game. Here is the save.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=359772

(Or in the attached file if this link does not work)

Attachments

• 2metraninja AD-1888.CivBeyondSwordSave
    346.1 KB · Views: 242
How many turns does it take to land the space ship in standard speed? I'm used to marathon taking like 20 turns.

Top Bottom