Game won't load

Rezca

The Greatest Jaggi
I had updated C2C via the SVN a few weeks ago, but never moved the updated files into the C2C folder until today. I had moved the Classic Civilization title menu theme (Renamed as Brentalfloss so it would read and use the original instead of the new theme) and my User Settings folder onto the desktop prior to the update so that the SVN wouldn't overwrite these.
After everything had been updated - which took several minutes because it had to replace each and every file in the mod - I launched C2C and right as it got to the 'Reading XML' part the game just closed. No sound, no error message, nothing. Closed silently and swiftly as if I had terminated it with ProcessExplorer.

Thinking I might have messed something up simply by trying to keep my original settings and the vanilla Civ theme, I had C2C update via the SVN again. It updated some files, and then I had them replace the rest of the files. A few minutes of transfering later I launch C2C (Without the two files moved back in from the desktop) and it closes at the XML part again.

I've never had this problem before in any mod, so I don't know what to do. :confused:

Just tried that now, and it still crashes at the same spot when loading. =/

I don't know what I could possibly have done (If anything) since I haven't done anything different than I usually do when updating via SVN...

Just to be clear, never update stuff in C2C. Always delete all folders from C2C (you could keep Autolog and User Settings and not choose to overwrite them) and then copy the SVN (again except .svn and maybe autolog and user settings).

It is taking awhile to download. It is also well past my bed time so I will leave it to download an look at it in the morning.

Alright Deleted hte entire C2C folder, made a new one and exported the stuff into it...

First try: Got to Loading XML then locked up my entire computer o_O

Restarted computer, Second Try: Loaded perfectly ^^

Thanks for the help :)

After trying out c2c from RAND2, the mod looks interesting. However, I downloaded v33 and the game, regardless of settings, would crash on turn 2 without fail. Every game. The same crashing symptom as explained above, the game closes as if terminated with process hacker. No errors, log just simply gets cut off.

I decided to download the latest SVN version to remedy this issue. Of course, I deleted the original mod folder and made a new clean one from the latest SVN. Now, however, the same problem as the OP happens, as the game setup finishes initializing the game just closes without an error. However, as this is a clean install from SVN, the above poster's solution does not apply. Ive tried deleting the cache and settings several times, even deleted my civ 4 ini, the problem persists and I am unable to play this mod. Although I do not see anyone with this problem, therefore it cannot be the SVN version causing this.. Has anyone a solution? If not I guess I will just head back to RAND2 until the next finalized version is availble.

After trying out c2c from RAND2, the mod looks interesting. However, I downloaded v33 and the game, regardless of settings, would crash on turn 2 without fail. Every game. The same crashing symptom as explained above, the game closes as if terminated with process hacker. No errors, log just simply gets cut off.

I decided to download the latest SVN version to remedy this issue. Of course, I deleted the original mod folder and made a new clean one from the latest SVN. Now, however, the same problem as the OP happens, as the game setup finishes initializing the game just closes without an error. However, as this is a clean install from SVN, the above poster's solution does not apply. Ive tried deleting the cache and settings several times, even deleted my civ 4 ini, the problem persists and I am unable to play this mod. Although I do not see anyone with this problem, therefore it cannot be the SVN version causing this.. Has anyone a solution? If not I guess I will just head back to RAND2 until the next finalized version is availble.

No offense but did you read how long it takes for the 1st time you load C2C?? It could take up to 10 minutes the 1st load.

No offense but did you read how long it takes for the 1st time you load C2C?? It could take up to 10 minutes the 1st load.

No offense but did you read MY post? As I said, the game ISNT hanging, (ie, stuck on the loading screen.) During the loading process CIV 4 just terminates itself and closes. Its not a matter of me being an impatient and the game taking too long to load, the game is simply crashing.

I don't want to be hostile here but I really would like to try out this mod, however this issue is obviously preventing me from doing so, and due to the fact that the Civ 4 logs cut off due to this crash, without presenting any sort of error, this will be hard to debug, so im just wondering if anyone else has had this error and solved it.

EDIT: and by "Symptom explained above" I meant the Original Post, not the post directly above mine, I apologize if that has led to confusion.

No offense but did you read MY post? As I said, the game ISNT hanging, (ie, stuck on the loading screen.) During the loading process CIV 4 just terminates itself and closes. Its not a matter of me being an impatient and the game taking too long to load, the game is simply crashing.

I don't want to be hostile here but I really would like to try out this mod, however this issue is obviously preventing me from doing so, and due to the fact that the Civ 4 logs cut off due to this crash, without presenting any sort of error, this will be hard to debug, so im just wondering if anyone else has had this error and solved it.

AGAIN, thats what LOADING does, it just doesnt look like anything is going on, like a "crash" but in all actuality it is loading, like i said wait 10 minutes and then see, thx. This is the BIGGEST modmod yet, so Again 10 minutes thx.

v33 Since you play RAND2 you know about mini dumps. Is one being created? Posting a save from turn one and the mini dump on the bug thread may let us figure out the problem.

SVN Are you choosing "Play Now" or "Custom Game"? I made some changes recently which means it should not make any difference. If you choose "Custom Game" and the crash was happening try a "Play Now" first. If that works then there is a problem with the code I added to stop these problems.

AGAIN, thats what LOADING does, it just doesnt look like anything is going on, like a "crash" but in all actuality it is loading, like i said wait 10 minutes and then see, thx. This is the BIGGEST modmod yet, so Again 10 minutes thx.

No, I meant when you start a game, not when you load the mod. Whoops. Mis-comprehended the problem the OP was having, I am really sorry for my mistake.

Also, I have an SSD so the mod loads rather fast :3

v33 Since you play RAND2 you know about mini dumps. Is one being created? Posting a save from turn one and the mini dump on the bug thread may let us figure out the problem.

SVN Are you choosing "Play Now" or "Custom Game"? I made some changes recently which means it should not make any difference. If you choose "Custom Game" and the crash was happening try a "Play Now" first. If that works then there is a problem with the code I added to stop these problems.

Both, I have tried both Custom game and Play Now, Both result in the game terminating without error during game initialization.

However, I have since re-enabled the 4gb switch on the BTS executable (I disabled it in v33 to debug the two turns crash but never re-enabled it) I assume the increase memory usage in the new SVN version might require more than 2gb? As v33 seemed to atleast start the game without it. I will link the Minidump from the crash anyway to dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93583028/MiniDump_6180.dmp

Anyway everything is working now, the two turns crash isnt occuring anyone, so I apologize for being stupid, lol.

Top Bottom