Single Player bugs and crashes v43 download - After January 2023

A Readme pdf (in the Docs folder) is nice to have, but comes with a maintenance burden.
The result is that the current one is still on version 40.1. (That's why I put this in "bugs", how old is it ?)

There are several locations where this kind of information might need to be copy-posted :
- The thread in Modpacks
- Player's Guide (which really should also get a link in the Docs folder, probably not even hidden in WebDocumentation ; and a link in the Readme !)
- Civfanatics download page
- Moddb page for C2C
- others that I might have missed ?

I suggest automating this as much as possible (and a checklist for the things that cannot) so that nothing slips through the cracks when a new major version is released.
Because new players still do look at that 40.1 Readme, and then (forgetting to look at other files in that folder ??) think that's all the documentation there is (unfavorably comparing C2C to Realism Invictus).

Similarly, they look at the obsolete Pedia sections thinking they are up to date.
I suggest renaming whole super-sections to Obsolete_section until someone could get at least a quick look at them
(and then move those to a Maybe_Obsolete_section until a detailed review has been done, whenever that happens ?)

P.S.: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/stream-youtube-hadriex-plays-neanderthals.688414/

Hello,

I have been loving this mod, it's been so enjoyable and basically what i've been wanted for ages.

However, im on my 3rd play through (mainly due to my second one having the same issue) where i get to a point where it will randomly CTD without notice.

I'm not sure what to provide but heres my whole logs folder:

Hmm, that doesn't seem to have worked, did you zip it first ?
Uploading a save game, ideally just before the crash, would help a lot too ! (see the first message of this thread)

P.S.: Welcome ! :D
Sorry! Here you go.

And thanks for the welcome hehe.

Attachments

• CrashLogs+Save.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
So I can't use my old save unless i install the v43.1 patch? Is there a link to that?
The patch is a much older version than what is on the SVN now, but it is a bit newer than unpatched v43.

You don't need the patch if you go for SVN, and you don't need SVN if you go for the patch. The patch don't break saves, and the SVN will break saves but give you a lot more fixes than the patch does.

Thank you! I will continue with my current save but if it breaks again I guess i'll redo my game ahah.

Thank you all so much.

I've encountered quite a fascinating bug, one I haven't seen before. Only a portion of my world is accessible to me at any time, though if I go to the military overview and click elsewhere on the world map the accessible bit of the world changes. Any ideas what might be happening there? I'm using v43 (downloaded latest version I could figure out a few weeks ago), over GOG's version of the game.

Attachments

• Snap3.jpg
    Snap3.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Snap4.jpg
    Snap4.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 8
  • QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
I've encountered quite a fascinating bug, one I haven't seen before. Only a portion of my world is accessible to me at any time, though if I go to the military overview and click elsewhere on the world map the accessible bit of the world changes. Any ideas what might be happening there? I'm using v43 (downloaded latest version I could figure out a few weeks ago), over GOG's version of the game.
Turn off viewports in BUG options, you are experiencing a feature, not a bug.
It's an obsolete feature at this point in time. Graphical paging is enough to keep RAM usage within safe levels.

Turn off viewports in BUG options, you are experiencing a feature, not a bug.
It's an obsolete feature at this point in time. Graphical paging is enough to keep RAM usage within safe levels.
Thanks, turns out that's exactly what it was. What confuses me now is how did it suddenly show up... I didn't activate it, at least not knowingly.
I suppose it might have been useful had I known about it some 15 years ago or so. :)

Has it really been 15 yrs since Koshling made viewports? 13 yrs I think is more like it. lolol

Top Bottom