GameNES3: WASD

Name: Assassin
Type: Spy
Development Status:
Description: The year is 3320. A brutal corporation, Guan Xi International, is a multinational corporation dealing in cutting edge technology. Wishing to take over the world, they have hired you, known only as Agent 8, to eliminate all enemies who could be of threat. As you make your way across Shanghai, the financial capital of the world, you will be involved in a dark plot concerning age old secrets, and will have to decide the fate of this world

@ Luckymoose: Aw well, I like the north.

@ Feanor: 2009.

And here's my logo.

Studio Name: Unlimited Horizons
Head of Studio: Mitchell Fisher/Haseri
Income: 10c
Upkeep: 1c
-Region: Bristol, United Kingdom
-Avg. Rating: 50%
Employees: 1
-Confidence: 50%
-Skill Level: 5
Technology: None
Games: None

One guy, doing all the work? Hmm...going to have to start small...

Name: Shades of Grey Season I
Type: RPG
Development Status: 0/?
Description: Inspired by watching boxed sets of dozens of space operas, this game tries to replicate that feeling into a game. Take control of Captain Miles, captain of the EFS Nelson, and his/her crew as they battle to secure the planet of Elysium from the fanatcial Bara.

Studio Name: SwastikArts Interactive Entertainment
Head of Studio: Deepak Singh/Fëanor
Income: 10c
Upkeep: 1c
-Region: Mumbai, India.
-Avg. Rating: 50%
Employees: 1
-Confidence: 50%
-Skill Level: 5
Technology: None
Games: None

New Game

Name: The Company
Type: Action
Development Status: TBA
Description: The Company is a open-ended action game with considerable elements from racing games. Set in the Mumbai, the game allow the player to establish himself as a successful criminal by completing missions. Besides the 25 "main" missions the game has over 50 "side" missions and mini-games that allow the player to make extra money and unlock special cars, weapons, clothes and other "Goodies". These "side" missions include robberies, ranging from as easy as mugging a person in an alley, to bank robberies. Stealing vehicles, transporting and selling illegal goods such as drugs and weapons, assassinations and racing are just some of the many other "side" mission which can be repeated as often as the player wants.

Name: Caravaneer: the First Warning
Development Status:
Description: It came earlier than expected. The world at 2005 shifted, not to a greener world but to a more polluted one. The game will not expand but by 2020 all civilization is destroyed by new weeds and plant-targeting disseses.

However, humans being resilient as they are, recovered slowly, based on fresh water wells and valueable resources, towns rose again. New strains of food are cultivated. A loose government is formed at the edge of a unknown mountain range and from then on a message is sent to all the remaining communication equipment to the world.

"This day, will be known as Year 1st after Apoclyse(spelling?)"

Your character is placed at Year 156 AA, in the booming business of Caravaneering. Buy low, sell high, meet demands and defend yourself as you travel through this world. There are small boundaries: to the north the Uncrossable Desert, to the south the Death Straits loomed.

As you adventure you will find bandits, Raider Empires, a evil revolution, a new technological revolution and many plot advancements depending on the goals you do, shipments you send and actions. (however, the main base for them are programed and usually only the message and others are generated)

You must go for good or bad and finish the many levels and sub-goals thoughout this massive and randomly generated world.

(based on the RL Caravaneer at Sugar Free Games, but more awesome, up to date, and possible Passanger transport.)

Name: Demonic Online
Type: MMORPG
Description: Demonic Online is set in a large fantasy world where demons from a different dimension are trying to conquer the human realms that are native to the land. The players play as these demons using their fighting prowess and magic to become as powerful as possible. Players will even be able to make their own kingdoms and fight each other for the rights to call themselves the most powerful demon alive.

Players will also be able to create alliances with each other to work together. There will be many different races and classes of demons to play which will determine the abilities and magic spells that are available. A lot of effort will be spent to make sure that the abilities and classes are all varied, fun, and balanced. Quests will be available to advance the storyline of your demon's rise to power, and Player versus player combat will be able to range from one on one to small armies fighting each other.

BTW, shouldn't MMOs require routine maintainance once completed? After all, the servers do have to be kept up...

BTW, shouldn't MMOs require routine maintainance once completed? After all, the servers do have to be kept up...

That's what monthly payments are for.;) Simplist thing to do is have them cancel each other out, but let's wait and see what dldnjstjr decides.

I made this logo for Circuit Software a few days back, I'll go ahead an put it up now to receive that tasty bonus.

That's what monthly payments are for.;) Simplist thing to do is have them cancel each other out, but let's wait and see what dldnjstjr decides.

I'll just up the upkeep for maintenance (including patches done through stories and orders, etc). If not free, then it will cancel out, but if free, then you have to pay the upkeep of 1c per online game, but if it's a really good free mmo, then you'll most likely get +reputation, which, if its >5% then will result in bonus +1c, so cancels out again.

First Press Conference: York, Great Britain. Transcript as written in Peter Willaims' diary.

Day: Somwhat sunny, very windy. Conference held indoors due to forcast of later rain. Medium-sized turnup. Transcript as follows.

Q: Mr. Willaims, we've had a bucketload of WWII games, what makes us think this'll be any different?
A: Yes, we've had WWII games, all of whcih follow the same basic criteria: US Forces, West Europe, 1944. While the USA and Western Europe will appear in later phases, we're looking for the most unique and fun expirience possible for all players.

Q: How plausible is this alternate history?
A: Extremly unlikely, good sir. That's the fun.

Q: What kind of units can we expect from the game?
A mix of 'the usual', expiriments really attempted or considered in World War Two, and fantasy. The Germans get units like the Panther tank and the Me262, for example, but they also have these nifty little infantry units called the Nordic Korps. These nasty little occult buggers can raise both thiers and the enemies dead, turning them into zombies loyal to the Germans, but they are extremly weak in fighting themselves. We're planning on balancing all 'super-units' like this.

Q: Zombies?
A: Aye, why not? Heinrich Himmler, Hitler's head of the SS, was very much itno the occult. These are different to normal 'eat brains' zombies, they are simply reanimated corpses carrying rifles. They are invenurable for the two minutes they get used, then they fall apart into dust and bones.

Q: What are the Ultra-Bolsheviks? Who exactly is Marshal Dmitry?
A: The Bolshevik Faction is lying in wait for another conference, but I can go a little into the game's resident nutjob. Dmitry supported Leon Trotsky in the Russian Civil War and had to go into hiding in Siberia when Stalin won, raising his army. They weren't up to match scratch, mainly peasants armed with rifles and muskets, so finidng the technology at Tungsaka is a god-send for him...oh, but there's no god in the USSR. (A few polite laughs.)

Q: So characterization is important to you?
A: Very, ma'am. We want the players to connect to the game's heroes, maybe even have favourites. We're trying to make them diverse, like Lt. Shiltz, who has seriosu doubts about his leaders, especially the mysterious 'Herr Oberst.'

Q: Who is the Oberst?
A: A colonel of course. That's all I'm telling you today.

Press conference wound down to financial and buisiness after that. Ron Wess (head of the game creation team) has started on the game programming. Poor bloke'll be doing that for a while, I can tell him...

I think I will keep Demonic Online pay to play. Also since I know that I will be hiring additional employees is it okay if I start a second project?

Name: Maelstrom Engine
Type: Graphics Engine
Description: This graphics engine will focus on allowing and optimizing advanced models and highly detailed textures. This will be achieved through new methods for modeling. The goal of this engine will be to display some of the best graphics available on current computers, will still being efficient and flexible.

So if it is okay for me to have two projects, can I have prices for both? If not, I only need the price of Demonic Online.

Let's have 1 game running at the first turn. start the second after the update.

Name: Demonic Online
Type: MMORPG
Development Status: (0/3|0/3|1/1)

Name: Assassin
Type: Spy
Development Status: (0/3|0/3|0/1)

Name: Shades of Grey Season I
Development Status: (0/2|0/2|0/1)

Name: The Company
Type: Action
Development Status: (0/4|0/4|0/1)

Name: Caravaneer: the First Warning
Development Status: (0/2|0/3|0/1)

Name: Maelstrom Engine
Type: Graphics Engine
Development Status: (0/4|0/2|0/1)

Multus Interactive- The Dramatis Personae
"Damn it! Damn it!"
"What is it, John? Tutorial end playing wrong?"
"No- Mageret's dying fine. It's this bloody Swords and Sandals 3!"

Tom sighed. "You're playing Internet games again..."

Tom de Bourbon been working on the project Charles V- as a historian and a programmer, he was going rather well. But his bosse's belated attempts at "help" were not helping...

"Er- why don't you go check on Harry? I think he's got Soldier to the point of playability."
"But I'm supposed to be setting an example!"

Tom looked at him. In the context, the remark seemed rather stupid...

"Right..."

John looked at Tom, jealousy in his eyes. He was the boss, but his informal social status was rather low. He got away with dictating policy for some reason, but in matters like these...

"Hi boss!"

Harry was the exception. He looked up to him, and like all social inferiors he could be made to do him "favors". Unlike the others, he didn't need to be put down...

"So- Harry," said John, sitting down on a nearby chair, "How's Soldier going?"
"I've been making the base code- so far so good, but it's not playable yet."
"Can you try to make a base model? I'd like to see how this stuff works."
"Yes, sir!"

Base model was company "lingo" or slang. Basically, it was a crude version of the ultimate product that could be used to test playability, if with a simplified game. He'd lose a few hours on that, but it would give John an idea of how things would play out.

John made a mental note that Tom had lied to him, and headed for the stairs. Checking on the others was a way to assert his authority, after all- it was best to exploit it "to the max". The next step was dealing with "Emperor Bob".

The man supposed to be in charged waited behind the door of what was supposed to be his office. "Emperor Bob" was arrogant enough to annoy the others, not just him- he'd "accidentally" stored his files on John's own computer, and unless he wanted World of Kingdoms to come some time next century he would have to put with it. Unfortunately for him, the company was quite new- he couldn't even afford the redundancy payment...

John opened the door, searching for a witty line.
"Cat got your tongue, sir?"
"No, but you have."

John gave himself a slight smack on the elbow. That was not a good line...

"I need to work, sir. Could you go, please?"
"I thought I might check my notes- it is my office."
"Alright sir- but try not to disturb."
"Maybe I could help you out a bit? I am here, after all?"

The two squared off. Bob gave John a look of "Not if you want this done this milenium." Staring into his eyes, he began to give a look of anger...
"Aargh- you'll pay for this some day..."

John stormed down the stairs, infuriated like the others. How he wished he hadn't hired that so-and-so...

(To be continued)

"Hey Jane, go'morn'. How is the Test Model going?", asked Johnstan.

"It is OK, but I have to get a answer if this set is entered into the database by Mr. Kim or not. And please don't call me 'Jane' Mr. Handle, I am Ms. Goodman", said Jane.

"Come on, this is my company. We are like family. Howabout a trip to Denny's after the moring shift ay?" asked Johnstan, "I will talk to 'Mr. Kim' right now and have him test if these weapons are balanced... also, his name is George."

"Ok, see you soon."

Technology: Basic Porcural Generator, a generator Application that randomly generates within some rules, using past experiance, using the events of this world and other variables, including ones depending on sophisticated RNG, to have expected and unexpected outcomes. Can be used in games that needs it. Similar to the one in 'Spore' but either more advanced due to borrowing form it or more simple from scratch. Remember, this is basic. (everyone have elementary RNG modifiers, this is just better/more realistic)

Can you put a list of the games on the front page please?

Top Bottom